Summit-best night for specialty restaurant?

CruiserDoc

This fall, we are sailing on the Summit's Southern Caribbean itinerary that includes St. Croix, St. Kitts, etc. Our small group (8 of us) all have vouchers to cover dinner in a Specialty Restaurant. I was wondering if anyone has any idea what the best night for dining in one of the specialty restaurants might be? In other words, the best night to miss the main dining room? Would the answer be different for folks dining in Blu (due to Aqua class)?

Thanks for your help!!

Tom

Use it If you don't want to dress up on formal night, but then you will miss the best menu in the MDR.

Another factor to consider is what show you don't want to miss as the dining can be stretched out for a long time, and you may not get a seat in the theater if the show is popular.

I think the first night to avoid the long first night line getting in the MDR.

When we have scheduled reservations at the specialty restaurants, we try to make sure that it doesn't fall on a formal night because we like being in the main dining room during those evenings.

We have a preference for getting main (i.e. early) seating. During the specific port days that we anticipate being out late enough that it would be tough making our seating on time, we will consider making a specialty restaurant reservation for that evening.

This fall, we are sailing on the Summit's Southern Caribbean itinerary that includes St. Croix, St. Kitts, etc. Our small group (8 of us) all have vouchers to cover dinner in a Specialty Restaurant. I was wondering if anyone has any idea what the best night for dining in one of the specialty restaurants might be? In other words, the best night to miss the main dining room? Would the answer be different for folks dining in Blu (due to Aqua class)?

Thanks for your help!!

Tom

Usually you are offered 1/2 price the first and sometimes the last night of the cruise- so I wouldn't use the vouchers unless you truly want to go those nights- If you want two dinners, pay the first night as it is a "bargain". I would go the third night- typically the second night is formal night and maybe the fifth. The dinner in the dining rooms might be special on formal nights- they typically offer Lobster tails and filet mignon, so do not go to the speciality restaurants on formal nights if you think you might enjoy the "special" dinner. However, the dinners in the speciality restaurants are far better then blu or the main dining room everyday- Blu is only for Aqua Class and suite guests.

All other guests must dine in the main dining room, buffet or speciality restaurants.

I had wanted to use the same strategy for our last cruise (this past week) and requested to a copy of the MDR menus on the first day, but the menus never came through. :(

So I had to make an educated guess and booked the specialty restaurant for the 4th night of the cruise, but in hindsight, 5th night of the cruise would be the night I would skip MDR. I know that I missed brazino on the 4th night, but can't recall what was on the menu for 5th night - nothing exciting/memorable as you can see. Definitely do not skip formal nights - rack of lamb, lobsters, and beef wellington. Also I felt that the menu got less exciting as the cruise went on so maybe later in the cruise would be a better time.

Definitely try to request a copy of the week's menu when you get on board. Hopefully you'll have better luck getting it than me!

I kind of disagree with those that say eat in the MDR on formal night. I find the lobster and steak in the MDR shall we say, less than great. You would have a far better meal in Murano eating their wonderful lobster prepared at the table and a nice filet...or something else. It's actually the one meal I'd try to avoid in the MDR. (I'm talking about the last formal night when there are more than one because that's when they roll out the "not wonderful" lobster tails.

I kind of disagree with those that say eat in the MDR on formal night. I find the lobster and steak in the MDR shall we say, less than great. You would have a far better meal in Murano eating their wonderful lobster prepared at the table and a nice filet...or something else. It's actually the one meal I'd try to avoid in the MDR. (I'm talking about the last formal night when there are more than one because that's when they roll out the "not wonderful" lobster tails.

On a Caribbean cruise, does Celebrity serve warm- or cold-water lobster?

On a Caribbean cruise, does Celebrity serve warm- or cold-water lobster?

Celebrity only served cold water lobster once, as far as I know, and that was on a cruise that stopped in Maine. Lobster served on Celebrity ships is warm water frozen lobster tails.

Archived