Best month for Tahiti

Carolina Cruisr

I'm not an authority by any means, but was there in October 2010, and the weather was absolutely perfect.

Not sure if there is a " bad" time.

I'm sure others will chime in with their experience.

I belive October and April are the outside shoulders of the wet season, when they experience more rain. There is less rain through the summer monthes and more over the winter monthes with fall (October) and spring (April) being the transitions from one to the other.

I've heard people that have traveled virtually every month of the year to Tahiti say that the weather was beautiful... It's just about how much risk you want to take versus how much you want to spend.

I have a Tahiti cruise booked for April 2014 because it is the end of the off season and there is much better chance of good weather than say... January, but it's not quite peak season yet so prices are still better than during the summer. We'll see...?

I belive October and April are the outside shoulders of the wet season, when they experience more rain. There is less rain through the summer monthes and more over the winter monthes with fall (October) and spring (April) being the transitions from one to the other.

I've heard people that have traveled virtually every month of the year to Tahiti say that the weather was beautiful... It's just about how much risk you want to take versus how much you want to spend.

I have a Tahiti cruise booked for April 2014 because it is the end of the off season and there is much better chance of good weather than say... January, but it's not quite peak season yet so prices are still better than during the summer. We'll see...?

French Polynesia is in the Southern Hemisphere, so summer is November-December-January-February and this would be the wet season where you can expect rain. The winter months (May-June-July) would be the driest.

Been there twice on Princess cruises ... once in October and the other time in November .... I only recall one day where we had rain, and it was on the November cruise.

Being a tropical climate, the rain we experienced was typical for it ..... a fairly quick downpour, followed by the return of sunshine.

We've been to FP three times: February, April, and October. All fantastic! As other posters have mentioned, you're in the tropics so expect sun showers to come and go. It will be hot and humid but that's the price you pay for experiencing a little piece of paradise. One of the most beautiful and romantic places on earth. Enjoy!!!

We've been to FP three times: February, April, and October. All fantastic! As other posters have mentioned, you're in the tropics so expect sun showers to come and go. It will be hot and humid but that's the price you pay for experiencing a little piece of paradise. One of the most beautiful and romantic places on earth. Enjoy!!!

Were we live we get "summer showers" and lots of humidity. I have been to Hawaii many times but never Tahiti. I have had this on my bucket list for a while. Thanks for the input.

Thanks for the thoughts. I do not see another Hawaii/Tahiti beyond the April 2014 sailing so I am trying to make a decision.

The "exotics" for beyond April 2014 will be announced and released for sale in late May.

We took a March cruise a couple years ago and the weather was great. Apparently, it was very warm for the islands....we spoke to many locals and they said it was very warm and humid for the time of year. We experienced 1 huge downpour on the island of Moorea(we had a couple nites on this island pre-cruise), but we thought it to be very exciting and somewhat romantic...it was cozy!

The cruise itself was very nice, always had temps in the 80's in the afternoon, with partly cloudy skies by later in the afternoon.

I would say that the islands are a lot like Hawaii in the South Pacific...with about 2 seasons; the rainy season and the drier season...I don't think there is too much difference in temperature.

French Polynesia is in the Southern Hemisphere, so summer is November-December-January-February and this would be the wet season where you can expect rain. The winter months (May-June-July) would be the driest.

That's true, thanks for the clarification. I guess I was just refering to what "we" think of as the traditional summer/winter.

That's true, thanks for the clarification. I guess I was just refering to what "we" think of as the traditional summer/winter.

No everyone who reads these posts lives in the Northern hemisphere. :D We don't. For me the traditional summer has always been Nov-Dec-Jan-Feb.:D

For us, it helped to see actual typical rainfall amounts and temperatures. Princess ends their season there in April. It was February for the 10 night RT PPT cruises, but then they added the Pacific Princess in March and April of 2014.

We were originally booked for Feb., but I heard so many people complaining in late January & early Feb. this year that the rain was just torrential, so I moved our sail date to March. Still got worried after reading more reviews and moved it to May on a different cruise line. I'm hoping that's going to be better as far as rain goes (it is supposed to be if you go by the statistics, but weather has been so wacky everywhere lately that it's hard to predict).

My advice: look at the stats, see what works best with your time off and budget, and just pick a date and hope for the best! :)

• 2 weeks later...

We are hoping the Princess brings back the repositioning cruise to Hawaii out of Vancouver. We would love to do Hawaii but we don't want all the sea days of the circle cruise. Celebrity does do the repositioning so we do have that option.

Archived