Royal Caribbean Leaving Port of Galveston?

My feelings exactly! I cruise to disconnect for 7 days. I don't care where I go...just away from home. I do live 25 minutes from the port of Galveston so I prefer to sail from there.

If they were to put another ship in CA and do Mexico I'd gladly pay airfare and cruise that. Haven't done that before...would love to.

I agree! I will sail to anyplace. I don't have to get off the boat at any port! Heck the Oasis class ships don't even shut down in port cause the boat IS the destination. LOL It would be really cool if we had RCCL out of Galveston AND Corpus Christi or South Padre. :D

To be honest, I live very close to the Bayport terminal. I pass by it at least once every week or two. They are doing road work there right now. It looks like they are trying to add a ramp straight to the NB highway that heads back to Houston. They already have the SB ramp built and in use. I don't know that they will build hotels right by the port, but there are many in the area that would be less than a $20 cab or 20 minute car ride to the port. For instance the Hilton on Clear Lake is a very nice hotel. Any hotel in the greater Clear Lake / NASA area will fit the same bill. I know many people are not familiar with the area and if they don't see a hotel "right next to" they think there is no infrastructure. As far as parking goes, they dont have a ton right now, but there is plenty of space to add more. I am sure if things go well, some enterprising folks will start a park and shuttle service as there is TONS of property very near the port that will fit the bill.

Clear Lake is that far from the port in Galveston. There wouldn't be much difference. I live in Friendswood/Webster area so Clear Lake is in my back yard.

• 10 months later...
Year old thread and the Freedoms sailings are already confirmed out of PC until April 2016. Widely reported here on CC that Liberty will be going to Galveston.

Just off two weeks on NV, Liberty is supposed to be replacing her, and NV going to San Juan. Let's hope so. It's great to have a ship year round again.

Just off two weeks on NV, Liberty is supposed to be replacing her, and NV going to San Juan. Let's hope so. It's great to have a ship year round again.

These are happening by contractual agreement between

Port of Galveston and RCCL .

We are looking forward to having a RC ship year round as well. It's nice to be able to drive to the terminal, park the car, and then drive home after returning from the cruise.

Hopefully, RC will think about a different/new itinerary to offer at some point.

People, why are you responding to a speculation thread that is almost a year old? :confused: :confused:

This has been beat to death months ago, yes they are staying. Please pay attention to what you are responding to and stop the thread resurrections. This isn't Walking Dead. :p :D

Edited by PCWalton1