Upgraded - Thank you RCCL

Lovely email this morning from RCCL with New Docs for our upcoming cruise on The Allure this Sunday.

We had 2 D2 Cabins and now have 2 JS's .

Could not be happier

Thank you Royal Caribbean.

Congrats!! We gone on after you..May 5th. Enjoy!! Hope we can get soo lucky!!

Lovely email this morning from RCCL with New Docs for our upcoming cruise on The Allure this Sunday.

Could not be happier

Yeah, you gave me hope! I had even mentioned to my DH this last cruise that we will never be upgraded because we have two cabins. So who hooo, now I can fantasize about being upgraded! :p

OP, merely curious - hope this doesn't sound abrasive, but wondering what the criteria is? I see you've been a member here for over 12 years, but are you a C&A member having many Royal cruises behind you? Just wondering how they decide who gets upgraded. :)

And really... sincerely just asking, no jealousy here! Congrats!

When we checked in for our Jewel of the Seas cruise on April 13 we were informed we had been upgraded from an oceanview to a balcony. It was quite a surprise. The main problem was all of our luggage and Crown + Anchor stuff (coupon books, welcome aboard gift, etc) were delivered to our original cabin. We had to go down and get all of that ourselves. The couple who got our original cabin were very nice and handed over all of our stuff. They even tried to give us a plate of chocolate covered strawberries thinking that was ours too, but I read the note and saw it was really theirs.

Other than that minor 30 minute unexpected detour, we were thrilled with our last-second, unexpected, free upgrade.

OP, merely curious - hope this doesn't sound abrasive, but wondering what the criteria is? I see you've been a member here for over 12 years, but are you a C&A member having many Royal cruises behind you? Just wondering how they decide who gets upgraded. :)

We're all Diamond + with 30 + cruises under our belt so that I am sure helps.

PS. No offense taken. :-)

Canadians :rolleyes: how polite is too polite? :D

We're all Diamond + with 30 + cruises under our belt so that I am sure helps.

Thanks. Always curious because friends of ours (first time ever on Royal!) were upgraded to a Grand Suite at check-in. Pretty nice. :)

Canadians :rolleyes: how polite is too polite? :D

Yep! Even at the end of the day, our city buses say, "Sorry - Not in Service". hahaha :p:D

oooh! How nice! Have a lovely time! :)

Could not be happier

We are d+ too,we were upgraded from bal.to jr.s. for upcoming t.a. aprox. 2wks. before but wouldn't have known it but I was checking bookings and saw that our cabin was available ,then checked docs.and saw new #...did you book thru RCCL? I had a t agent,maybe they called her???strange...anyway,great news for you all...

Very nice upgrade :)

At least with my next cruise I don't have to fret over the upgrade fairy... It's sold out with the exception of one grand suite that keeps popping back up... Doubt my lowly platinum status will snag that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are d+ too,we were upgraded from bal.to jr.s. for upcoming t.a. aprox. 2wks. before but wouldn't have known it but I was checking bookings and saw that our cabin was available ,then checked docs.and saw new #...did you book thru RCCL? I had a t agent,maybe they called her???strange...anyway,great news for you all...

Congrats, we used RCCL directly.

congratulations on your upgrade. I've been watching your sailing and wondering if anyone on here got an upgrade, and when.

We sail the week after you, they still have; 3 JS, 1 Aqua Suite, 3 Crown Loft Suites, 1 royal loft suite.

A girl can dream....

Archived