What is Oasis (Amsterdam Sky Deck) ?

anandaindonesia

I saw the Amsterdam deck plan on CC. On Sky Deck, there is Oasis but I'm not sure what it is.

Is it a covered pool area? Is it an 'adult only' area?

Thanks for info.

Here is just one photo of the Oasis (the little pool is more for decoration and relaxing around than anything else. It is way to small to do anything in), which is part of HAL's Kids only area, Club HAL:

sm-Teen-Oasis_DBA-2009.jpg

Here are a few more, only of the Oasis. You can click on them to see them full sized. Also, if you click on the lin below the last phot you can see many of the Staterooms and Public areas on the Amsterdam.

sm-Amsterdam_The-Oasis.jpg--sm-Amsterdam_The-Oasis-2.jpg

[

sm-Amsterdam_The-Oasis-3.jpg--sm-Amsterdam_The-Oasis-4.jpg

Photos of Amsterdam's Staterooms, Public areas and some of the exterior of the ships can be seen here: http://abqreunion2008.com/Amsterdam/index.html

Joanie

I believe it is a place for teens to hang out. It first went in on the Ryndam about 10 or 12 years ago and then was put on all the "S" and "R" class ships. Being 73and1/2 I stay away from there.

All the "S" and "R" class ships except Maasdam;) She is the only one out of the eight that never got an Oasis put in. Not exactly sure why

We were told Maasdam did not get one for a few reasons.

She got a Club HAL years before other ships because she was doing summer Caribbean cruises and they needed a place for the kids club. When other ships got Club HAL's built, Maasdam got a bit of an update for hers but nothing else.

She was the last ship to go for the "S"class dry dock and they were done with the kids clubs upgrades (other than what they redid for the old Club HAL) so Maasdam did not get Oasis.

;) Works fine for us. :) We like Maasdam's stern just the way it is.

All the "S" and "R" class ships except Maasdam;) She is the only one out of the eight that never got an Oasis put in. Not exactly sure why

That is a bit of a surprise. Perhaps they don't draw enough teens to warrent it!

and I don't believe the Prinsendam has one either - of course - she is in a class all by her own:D

Only those two classes have them (except MADM)

I see use abbreviations like NADM and MADM for the DAM ships. Is there a list of abbreviations used internally similar to Princess'? E.g. Caribbean Princess is CB.

I see use abbreviations like NADM and MADM for the DAM ships. Is there a list of abbreviations used internally similar to Princess'? E.g. Caribbean Princess is CB.

Those are the abbreviations used by HAL to i.d the 15 ships:

SADM

MADM

RYDM

VEDM

RTDM

AMDM

ZADM

VODM

PRDM

ZUDM

OSDM

WEDM

NODM

EUDM

NADM

"Here is just one photo of the Oasis (the little pool is more for decoration and relaxing around than anything else. It is way too small to do anything in. )"

Which is probably the reason the pool was designed to be small - keeping kids out of trouble and safer, despite their best intentions! ;):rolleyes: Thanks for the pix.

(Not to mention the recent tragedy aboard a Disney ship)

Looking forward to our sailing on the Amsterdam - to Alaska. Will the waterfall have turned to icicles?

Archived