Separate 7 day vegetarian menu?

junglejane

I used to be a more strict vegetarian. I never had a problem finding delicious items to eat on Celebrity. I do believe them when they say they will cook things up for you. One night (back in '03), I ordered a veggie dish off a veggie menu. I happened to mention to the AMD that I loved Indian food when he came over to check in with guests around the table. Right after my entree was served by our regular head waiter, he came over with an assortment of Indian dishes. I was laughing that it was way too much to eat. (But wow was it delicious). As a joke they brought me two desserts because they said it was only fitting for someone eating two entrees.

When we cruised on the Solstice up the Pacific West Coast in May, we were also told that a Vegetarian menu no longer existed, but there were always vegetarian choices on the main menu. We are both vegetarian and have been on numerous Celebrity cruises - always having the separate vegetarian menu available in the past. The choice of one option on the MDR menu is not really a "choice"! So, while upset at first, we decided to be creative and began ordering main courses, just "hold the meat". That worked OK. But it really would be much more respectful of us to provide more than one "choice", and logical for Celebrity especially when a meatless meal is less costly! They should take a cue from the Wynn in Vegas that offers numerous delicious vegetarian and vegan options in every restaurant!

• 2 months later...

Hello Please help does anyone know if the explorer has aseperate vegetarian menu? not just options on the reg menue i hate fish eggs ect and have bad allergic reactions??????? i do not like indian food for 11 nights day and night:mad:

Vegetarian here, no meat/fish/foul etc. I love the buffet, there are always lots of vegetarian choices. I know this won't work for some because they want the whole dining experience, but for me it is great. :)

Just off the Silhouette, I sat with a lady a couple of nights who was a vegetarian. They only ever brought her the regular menu to choose from and just made alterations as available. I actually felt bad for her because I felt she had very limited options. We are not big meat eaters and I had seen a post a while back of an all vegetarian menu. I would of loved to of seen that on our cruise, I think it gives more options to the non meat eaters. Possibly having the 2 menus was a kitchen nightmare for the cruise line. I wish they would address the vegetarians and vegans a little better, if a whole menu is not possible a couple more options, especially of the entres would be greatly appreciated I'm sure.

Well now that is interesting because we were on Silhouette in August, we dined every night in Blu and were shown the vegetarian menu for the next day each night, I have a list of allergies and don't usually eat eggs and cheese, our maitre 'd' was able (mostly) if I needed it to offer something suitable for me. I had the easiest and most varied food of any holiday I can remember. A note of caution however: one of my allergies is life threatening, on one occasion one of my sons smelt something in my food which it would have been disastrous for me to eat.:eek: everyone makes mistakes but be aware of this and remain vigilant. Our Maitre 'd' said he would have found useful ( even though I emailed Celebrity with full details of my needs) if I had written all my detailed needs down for him.

In my opinion Celebrity copes well with special dietary needs but when I emailed them prior to my cruise they made a point of telling me that there was no specific vegetarian menu, this was not my experience at all!

Good luck! I hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Karen

I've never had any trouble ordering vegetarian meals. I do always have dinner in MDR, traditional dining, so perhaps having the same table and same waiters makes it smoother, once one has asked for it the first night. On Celebrity it took the form of a separate menu; on other lines it is sometimes included (and clearly marked) on the regular menu.

Hello Please help does anyone know if the explorer has aseperate vegetarian menu? not just options on the reg menue i hate fish eggs ect and have bad allergic reactions??????? i do not like indian food for 11 nights day and night:mad:

Since there is no ship named Celebrity Explorer, did you post in the wrong cruise line...or did you possibly mean celebrity Xpedition or Eclipse or Equinox???

If it's the Xpedition, I seriously doubt they have a separate vegetarian menu...it does not have many of the things mentioned on the celebrity web site, just due to it's size.

• 6 months later...

I've just talked with someone in corporate headquarters (4/23/13), and there is NO special menu for vegetarians. I know that there used to be, and that's one of the reasons were have sailed so often with Celebrity. Supposedly they are correcting the website and removing the reference about a 7-day menu under Special Dietary Needs.

At this point, the only options are on the regular menu. My complaint, which I've shared with the company several times, is that there aren't always appetizers or soups that are veg. (Sometimes there are 2 appetizers and sometimes none at all.) And often the choices don't compliment each other--eg. a potato and goat cheese starter, gazpacho, and an Indian entree. All good on their own, but a strange dinner combination. We still enjoy almost everything else about a Celebrity cruise, but the dining room is a disappointment.

I've just talked with someone in corporate headquarters (4/23/13), and there is NO special menu for vegetarians. I know that there used to be, and that's one of the reasons were have sailed so often with Celebrity. Supposedly they are correcting the website and removing the reference about a 7-day menu under Special Dietary Needs.

At this point, the only options are on the regular menu. My complaint, which I've shared with the company several times, is that there aren't always appetizers or soups that are veg. (Sometimes there are 2 appetizers and sometimes none at all.) And often the choices don't compliment each other--eg. a potato and goat cheese starter, gazpacho, and an Indian entree. All good on their own, but a strange dinner combination. We still enjoy almost everything else about a Celebrity cruise, but the dining room is a disappointment.

They did have a seperate Vegetarian menu last July on Eclipse. Has it been dropped since then?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They did have a seperate Vegetarian menu last July on Eclipse. Has it been dropped since then?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We were brought the vegetarian menu in select dining on the Century last week, but I was told on both Reflection (jan 2013) and Soltice (June 2013) that no such menu existed.

I never give up asking because the vegetarian menu offers 1 extra choice of entree for a grand total of 2!

How weird, I was on the Reflection May 2013 and was shown the Veg menu on more than one occasion.

It seems to be random, but maybe it has to do with the F&B manager or Hotel Director (I always get confused who is responsible for what) that is on board?

We had a really good time on the century and all of the officers and staff were great!

• 1 month later...

We just got back from a cruise on the Solstice to Alaska and Celebrity did, in fact, have a 7-day vegetarian menu. I had checked with the company before I left and was told that there was no special menu available, but I decided to double check with my waiter the first night (glad I did!). He was nice enough to bring us a copy for the next day after dinner so we could decide if we wanted to eat in the main dining room or not.

There was always an entree on the regular menu and sometimes one of the choices on the veg menu was the same. Often we had 3 choices for an entree which was nice. I'm going to try and attach some of the menus.

scan0003.jpg.bfc9f652eebadc17b1d73c9beb152ad9.jpg

scan0004.jpg.b11a2a7a5df986bd6450305d57922b47.jpg

scan0005.jpg.ca3146c4d2eb61fe1804589f1021fd0f.jpg

scan0006.jpg.1895af0f263bfd0826627559293b2f81.jpg

scan0007.jpg.eb3b361826a6ed1395601852482d5478.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=316373&d=1403004509

We just got back from a cruise on the Solstice to Alaska and Celebrity did, in fact, have a 7-day vegetarian menu. I had checked with the company before I left and was told that there was no special menu available, but I decided to double check with my waiter the first night (glad I did!). He was nice enough to bring us a copy for the next day after dinner so we could decide if we wanted to eat in the main dining room or not.

There was always an entree on the regular menu and sometimes one of the choices on the veg menu was the same. Often we had 3 choices for an entree which was nice. I'm going to try and attach some of the menus.

Thanks for this but is there any way you get get the menu to attach larger?

The way i do it is to right click on my pictures, then copy "image info" then click on the little yellow mountain symbol above and paste the image info in there.

I tried that with your picture but, as I don't have the original, this is as large as I could get it.

Edited by chamima

Here they are as PDFs. There are 5 menus total on 3 documents (they were too large otherwise).

Thanks!

I'm going to print these out and bring them with us on our next cruise.

My husband is a vegan and I'm a vegetarian.

We sail in Aqua and have never had this offered to us. They always try to be accommodating but have asked us to come up with ideas for what we'd like but it would be nice to point out something they already have and just get that! :D

Thanks!

I'm going to print these out and bring them with us on our next cruise.

My husband is a vegan and I'm a vegetarian.

We sail in Aqua and have never had this offered to us. They always try to be accommodating but have asked us to come up with ideas for what we'd like but it would be nice to point out something they already have and just get that! :D

As you are in Aqua and eat in Blu, is there a benefit for you to book Aqua? I would like to try Blu but as my OH is Veggie I saw little point paying extra to eat in Blu and for them to get a choice from the Vegetarian MDR menu ( In fact half the choices in those MDR Vegetarian Menus are featured on the regular nightly MDR menu. Would be interested so that I can possibly consider Aqua next time.

By the way in the MDR on Eclipse last July and this May the Vegetarian menu was always available on request. Only thing I would say is that the portions are very small. I would be served a nice large portion of Chateaubriand only for my OH to be served a single stuffed mushroom. He soon learned to order two choices per course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by kevinyork
added

As you are in Aqua and eat in Blu, is there a benefit for you to book Aqua? I would like to try Blu but as my OH is Veggie I saw little point paying extra to eat in Blu and for them to get a choice from the Vegetarian MDR menu ( In fact half the choices in those MDR Vegetarian Menus are featured on the regular nightly MDR menu. Would be interested so that I can possibly consider Aqua next time.

By the way in the MDR on Eclipse last July and this May the Vegetarian menu was always available on request. Only thing I would say is that the portions are very small. I would be served a nice large portion of Chateaubriand only for my OH to be served a single stuffed mushroom. He soon learned to order two choices per course.

We like the smaller, quieter dining room.

I'm sure we're not getting our full dollars spent value but it works for us.

They also make my husband a vegan smoothy for breakfast and I don't know if he'd get that in the MDR.

Also, I eat fish and there is often tuna (steak) on the Aqua menu - not sure that would be available in the MDR.

We like the smaller, quieter dining room.

I'm sure we're not getting our full dollars spent value but it works for us.

They also make my husband a vegan smoothy for breakfast and I don't know if he'd get that in the MDR.

Also, I eat fish and there is often tuna (steak) on the Aqua menu - not sure that would be available in the MDR.

Thanks for the info. I can appreciate the smaller venue aspect. My OH eats fish so loves the always available Salmon in the MDR. Weve yet to find a cruise where the price to upgrade to Aqua is worthwhile given my OHs Veggie requirements but everyone has their own preferences.