Best Cruise Director

surfyachtie

Ray Solaire.......never had him on O, but had three trips with him on Silversea, and was on a crossing where he held the first English Country Fair that he devised. I understand he mostly sails on Regent and smiled last year as we were docked next to a Regent ship in NYC, as his plummy microphone voice could be heard along Liner Row as they were conducting the boat drill. Once he gets to know you he quickly reverts to his Lancashire accent :-)). Would love to sail with him again.

I really like Dottie too....get well soon!

Wasn't so keen on a CD on Regatta we had 7-8 years ago who used to be on condo ship "The World"....invisible apart from his breakfast show, but never heard of or seen him since.

The one who is on the cruise ship I am currently sailing on. Each CD has their strengths and weaknesses, but I guess the only ones who I would not have a good word for are the ones you never see. On Oceania, I have always seen the CD around the ship.

Even when CDs are announced for a particular cruise that may change at sailing time. Not sure responses to the question will help the original poster pick a cruise ... If that was the intent of the question.

Even when CDs are announced for a particular cruise that may change at sailing time. Not sure responses to the question will help the original poster pick a cruise ... If that was the intent of the question.

Can't imagine why it would make any difference in choosing a cruise. Our interaction with the cruise director is basically a smile and a "good morning" period. :confused:

No not at all. I think Jim and Stan have provided a perfect post to answer the question. That picture is pure gold and would have raised a smile for many on this board.

Leslie is the best cd we have experienced on o. He makes trivia a hoot and he entertains. We have not sailed with him recently and a few folks have commented to me that his enthusiasm seems to be waning.

If u play trivia fanatically the cd matters. Otherwise you have little personal contact

However the cd has a lot to do with how activities are organized and flow on a ship.

Is Dottie OK? What happened to her? We have been with her several times and recently on a 50 day South Pacific cruise which ended March 17th and she seemed to be fine then.

Wiks

Ray Solaire.......never had him on O' date=' but had three trips with him on Silversea, and was on a crossing where he held the first English Country Fair that he devised. I understand he mostly sails on Regent and smiled last year as we were docked next to a Regent ship in NYC, as his plummy microphone voice could be heard along Liner Row as they were conducting the boat drill. Once he gets to know you he quickly reverts to his Lancashire accent :-)). Would love to sail with him again.

I really like Dottie too....get well soon!

Wasn't so keen on a CD on Regatta we had 7-8 years ago who used to be on condo ship "The World"....invisible apart from his breakfast show, but never heard of or seen him since.[/quote']

wholeheartedly agree!

We really enjoyed Dottie and JR on Marina. They were both very visible around the ship. We had more interaction with JR, and found him very charming with a great sense of humor.

Ricki

Archived