Thrilled by Princess!

sPeeDeeBee

Just got back from transiting the Canal on the Coral, and I couldn't have been more happily surprised by Princess Cruises! Guess I went aboard as somewhat of a snob, but it certainly was done right. Sure beat my recent Celebrity Eclipse cruise!

Just got back from transiting the Canal on the Coral, and I couldn't have been more happily surprised by Princess Cruises! Guess I went aboard as somewhat of a snob, but it certainly was done right. Sure beat my recent Celebrity Eclipse cruise!

What did you not like about Celebrity TA? (A transatlantic is on my bucket list...and curious about Celebrity)

thanks

I am booked on the Coral next February for the partial canal transit. Happy to hear positive remarks!

As I have wanted to sail the Coral and or Island for a long time I was wondering how she is to sail on. So many times all the attention by a cruise line is directed to the newest ship almost making the older siblings the step child of the family. That is why my last Celebrity cruise was my last for that line.

I keep coming back to Princess which seems like coming home....I always enjoy the crew and overall service.

Since I am sailing on the new Royal Princess in November, the Coral 3 months later should be a real change. I figure the coral should have a seasoned feel about her......very much to my liking.

Thanks for posting....makes my decision a happy one.

They are both good cruise lines for different reasons. Experiences can vary greatly from ship to ship, even within the same line

We just got back from a Celebrity Equinox cruise and it was the best of all of our cruises to date, and that is after 13 Princess cruises, two Royal Caribbean, one Carnival and a previous Celebrity cruise ( from 2001, which was also excellent)

We would be happy to return to either line again.;) except Carnival.

Our cabin on Celebrity was nicely decorated, modern and sleek functional design and the standard bathrooms were twice as large as standard Princess bathrooms.

But room space was just a smidge tighter

What did you not like about Celebrity TA? (A transatlantic is on my bucket list...and curious about Celebrity)

thanks

I actually loved my first Celebrity TA...that was on the Solstice. The 2nd, aboard the Eclipse, was disappointing. Don't know if it was a (too) relaxed crew, a new crew, or just bad luck. Don't think twice--I bet you'll love it!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

...the standard bathrooms were twice as large as standard Princess bathrooms.

We were on a Celebrity Equinox cruise in fall 2011 a month before a Ruby Princess cruise. I wouldn't agree with the bathroom being twice as large, but they are larger with a better layout and storage. The shower is oval shaped with a rounded sliding glass door rather than the clingy curtain. First time I've been in a cruise ship shower that didn't seem cramped. The cabins are very thoughtfully laid out with lots of storage areas, and the beds are super comfy. Also nice large interactive flat screen TVs where you could order room service, make reservations, and purchase photos, etc. In comparison between ships, the Celebrity cabin and bathroom was much better. We thought MDR food and shows were consistently better overall on Ruby P though, so it just depends on your priorities and tastes as to which is better. I personally enjoyed both a lot.

Archived