Cabin Steward does what?

PinotBlanc

If I am wrong I am sure someone on here will correct me. If you get

to the cabin and it is not the way you like it? Please speak with

your cabin attendant:).

I like a top sheet as well.....I am almost sure it is there!:)

There was a bottom fitted sheet, top sheet and duvet (with cover) on our bed on Eclipse last week. Sheets were changed either 3 or 4 times in 13 nights. I noticed because I absolutely love crisp, pressed sheets. They make me very happy and I'll never have them in this house so I enjoy them when on vacation.

Towels were changed when thrown on the floor. Washcloths were changed if used (even if hanging on the rack). Lots of toilet paper on the roll & spares in the cabinet. They did NOT provide extra bottles of shower gel, but there was always an extra bar of both bath & facial soap.

Thanks to all the above and others who have answered my question about a top sheet. I just have to have one. Sounds like it is folded over the top of the duvet, which is perfect. Thank you!

I'm with the group that LOVES fresh, clean, crisp sheets. I will know I'm wealthy when I have a maid who will wash, iron and change my sheets every day. :D

I can't speak to how often our bed linens were changed on our last 14 day cruise, but it was often enough to make us happy.:D Towels were changed daily and we never ran out of soap, shampoo, etc.

On one day the wet towels were left on the bathroom floor and I mentioned this to our room steward, not to complain but just to have them picked up. It is the steward's assistant who is responsible for cleaning the bathroom and he was new, 1st contract. To my chargin the cabin attendant and assistant bought us a bottle of sparkling wine for this mistake. The assistant was worried about not having his contract renewed because of a bad review.

On thinking about it I'm glad that I mentioned it because I can imagine the trouble he would have been in if someone had actually complain about this oversight. We gave both very high marks and a nice tip at the end of the cruise.

Mary Lou

Intrigued.

No I am.

How often do you change sheets at home? Please don't tell me daily....unless your soiling yourself. I change mine once a week.....so for a fortnight once is fair ( remembering they are changed when you board and when you get off for the next people so that's weekly.

Hotels are no different.

I throw out my soap chips and the steward puts in new ones.

Why put an extra box of issues there when you haven't finished the last one.....if they stick their hand in to see how many are left then you have their bacteria on something you blow your nose with.....and they r not going to leave a full box for you to pack and take home like a free gift.

Changing sheets every day? How very environmentally unfriendly. And how logistically challenging to keep that number of sheets on a ship and get that number washed every day....

Hello

On Rhapsody of the seas this March sheets were changed each day.. as they would be in any good hotel, I hope or upcoming cruise next March in Solstice is as good in this respect...

Nothing nicer than clean crisp bedding each night perhaps its "old fashioned luxury" as opposed to "modern luxury"

If my bedding is not changed daily I will ask for it to be so

for the record we change our linen at home nearly every day

Best Regards

John

I don't think DH would like to spend that much time doing the laundry:D:D

And I hope everyone that makes these special requests re frequent sheet changes, rewards their Room Steward extra for going above and beyond:)

I've never paid attention how many times the bed sheets are changed during the cruise, until our 14 days cruise on Silhouette. I was pleasantly surprised that stateroom attendant has been changing the sheets every other day! I didn't and I wouldn't complain :D, but I just thought it was unnecessary and probably once a week (that's what we do at home) would be enough. The stateroom attendant said it was a policy (really?) to change bed sheets every other day, because they had some complains from the customers.

We always request extra bath towels on the first day of the cruise and never have a problem with that.

And now that I am thinking about all our cruises I can't even remember a "good" stateroom service - it's been always "EXCELLENT"! :DWell, besides our cruise with Costa - that one was a disaster!!!:eek:

I'm certain both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean use a top sheet under the duvet cover. Here is how I know. I make the bed before we leave for breakfast. I always fold a flap of the the top sheet over the top of the duvet. I learned this trick on Royal Caribbean because that is what they do. It looks very nice and "finished."

Royal's top sheets have a kind of white embroidered border with the Crown and Anchor symbol in the center. Celebrity's top sheets' borders are plain...at least in Conceirge Class cabins. Maybe big suites have more luxurious sheets.

Anyway, my bed making efforts must be pretty clumsy because the stewards always remake them much more professionally and much neater.

Probably very few passengers make their own beds. I don't know why I do, but I just do. Just habit maybe.

LOL. I do this too! I didn't think anyone else did! At home, I make the bed as I'm getting out of it so having an unmade bed while we're getting ready every morning just really irks me. I can't remember if our bed was remade on previous cruises, I'll pay attention on our June cruise :)

Oh, I also do this in hotels if we stay more than one night. Call me crazy....it won't be the first time :)

I was surprised to find that our sheets did not get changed till day 8 out of a 12 nighter cruise. This was in the Med in the middle of a heatwave and had expected them to be changed every four days or maybe just two times. So, no modern luxury :rolleyes: there!

However, towels were replaced more then was needed. Some were replaced that had not been used as yet, or maybe the stewards use them for something? Toiletries were looked after fine.

At home and customary in the countries I have lived changing the sheets once a week is the norm unless it is very hot.

There have been threads about this in the past and we all seem to

have VERY different thoughts about what is considered enough....

even at home.:eek:....I will do a search and see if I can find the thread.

All I know, I live alone and may change my sheets every 2 weeks.....

I recall others acting as if that is awful:rolleyes:.....I don't change my

sheets every other day, that is for sure. I think I read that

somewhere......if folks want to do that? More power to them;)

But I only do laundry once a week....and the linens are not always

part of it. (Towels, yes)....bed sheets? Nope.

Hi Lois,

I'm one of the freaky sheet change people who posted on that other thread :)

I know I'm a little OCD about it, but I hope my posts did not come across as thinking anyone is awful for not doing the same, the thread was a bit of an eye opener for me as I realized I was definitely the "odd man out" when it comes to this... anyhow, if my post came across as judgemental, I really apologize. :)

Archived