Disney Dream

I am going on the 4 night Disney Dream November 17, 2013 with my family including children. This is my first Disney cruise although have been on about 20 cruises. I have been reading the posts, how current is the information? Is there anything special I should know before boarding? Any help is appreciated!:)

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Expect to have a wonderful time. The Cast Members on the Disney ships are among the nicest crew I have ever had on a ship. They especially go out of their way with the children. Did not see one unhappy, grumpy, out-of-sorts CM in a whole week.

Have a wonderful cruise!

I am going on the 4 night Disney Dream November 17, 2013 with my family including children. This is my first Disney cruise although have been on about 20 cruises. I have been reading the posts, how current is the information? Is there anything special I should know before boarding? Any help is appreciated!:)

I don't know what posts you've been reading, so I can't address whether the info is current or not.

Agree with PP, Disney cruises are special. There's so much to do, just don't drive yourself crazy trying to do everything. It's much better to just enjoy the things you can get done. And book another cruise!;)

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

I love The Dream - a beautiful ship!

If you'd like to read about our trip on The Dream, you can click on the link down in my signature line.

There are many reports from The Dream on the Disney Section and they are current.

We were on the Dream in March. A few things I didn't know, despite having 4 cruises under my belt:

1. There are a lot of kids on board. Read up on how crowded the pools are, especially if you're cruising on a fairly full ship. You need a plan when someone wants to wait an hour for the Aquaduck and someone else wants to swim in the pool of people ;)

2. Servers move with you throughout the restaurants and give you a speech about grading them "excellent" in the onboard survey. They use envelopes for tips, which are automatically added to your account. Simply place the voucher in the envelope, add more cash if desired, and had to appropriate person. We left ours on the table on our last night after supper, and on our bed before leaving for supper and had plenty of sincere thank you's from staff, which was nice.

3. The kids clubs are huge, 3-12 yr olds grouped together, and my kids (8&5yrs) totally objected. Apparently they are not the norm, but be prepared!

4. Seek out the Midship Detective Agency. Great way to explore the ship and wear off some energy lol!

5. Don't watch 3D movies if the ship is rocking. DH found out the hard way :D

6. Fireworks are best seen from the deck just above the pool. Find a spot along the inside railing so you can see the screen and stage (it will make sense once you're onboard), you will be able to see everything!

7. If you want to out down a deposit on a "placeholder" cruise, don't wait until the last day as the lineups are crazy. The cruise consultants known what to do to get you the lowest deposit, just tell them you want a dummy or placeholder cruise and they do the rest. It gives you a reduced deposit (10% instead of 20%) and OBC.

8. We always got to the character meetings about 5 mins early and were always the 2nd or 3rd in line. Mind you, we weren't trying to meet the princesses, but did meet Captain Mickey and Stitch.

Have fun!

Archived