Next new ship a Princess clone?

yyjguy

A few folks who might "be in the know" say that the new vessel for Holland, is really a reworked version of Princess's new Royal and Regal rather than an enlarged and modified version of the Eurodam/Nieuw Amsterdam. Just as Holland and Cunard finished off their latest new vessels slightly different from each other, it has been said that this is the case with the new ship. Does anyone KNOW?

The Royal Princess is 141,000 tons and the new HAL ship is 99,000 tons. Based on the pictures it looks like a re-vamped Queen Elizabeth with yet another deck on top of the Signature Class' new Panorama Deck. Also no outside glass elevators. It will also be a little wider than either Vista based QE or Signature. I was on the Nieuw Amsterdam and though it was a beautiful ship it was very crowded compared to the Westerdam, which carries 200 fewer. I'm sure the new ship will be beautiful, but it is basically an enlarged Vista with a lot more people.

None of us wil KNOW until HAL makes official annoucement. Many of us have been told all sorts of descriptions from 'people in the know' but how much in the know are they really? :D

We're all eager to get solid, verified reports but we'll just have to wait for official announcements to know for sure. ;)

This speculation is interesting. Those in the know are silent and those not in the know, seem to be in the know. We will see when HAL makes an announcement on specifics. I will be sorry if we lose the sea view elevators. I really like them.

Stan Kuppens the Hotel Director stopped by for an hour an our Feb Eurodam 2013 CC Meet&Greet. He said that he will be travelling to Venice to oversee construction of the new build as he did for the Eurodam and the Nieuw Amsterdam. He was very clear when he said that it would be a larger version of those two ships with a new interior designer. He also made the comment about mid ships elevators although the word outside was never said although from his tone I ASSUMED there would be. As I recall he said the ship would be 35 feet wider and 75 additional feet between the midships elevators.

He specifically stated that they would be virtually identical to the Signature class ships from the outside which I took to mean a full promenade and exterior elevators. He words were were we wouldn't notice an exterior difference.

I don't know how much more in the know you can get than that. The only new things that he spoke of were improved technology available to passengers and new public spaces. The Eurodam has 8 the new build will have 12. His example of public spaces included the Crow's Nest,Pinnacle,Explorers lounge,Tamarind etc which will all remain. I also assume that HAL is reviewing some under-performing public spaces to rework into something else as the new build will have 5% less public space than the signature class ships. Something has to give.

Of course all this is subject to change and we won't know until much later but that is my 2 cents worth.

Larger ship, less space per passenger.....to that extent, she will be much like the Signature class ships.

Yes, that is exactly the impression that I got. A larger NA/Eurodam with reworked public spaces including a 2 story Queen's lounge as an alternative to the main showroom. Better lighting in the cabins especially around the closet areas, time and dates displayed on the phone, an E-explorer, and a ship intranet that would allow you to book reservations and excursions all from the comfort of your cabin via your PDA.

It seemed to me that while the exterior will remain the same HAL is making major advances on the interior including a 5% reduction on interior space= More $$

What intrigues me now is what her sailing schedule will be.

The BEST to hope for is a new version of the Vista class that include the changes that the QUEEN ELIZABETH and QUEEN VICTORIA have because those two ships are miles ahead in terms of public spaces.

You need to sit down with a deck plan of a HAL Vista and a Cunard VISTA and compare the two. Follow it inch by inch and you can see where the changes have been made.

Stephen

The BEST to hope for is a new version of the Vista class that include the changes that the QUEEN ELIZABETH and QUEEN VICTORIA have because those two ships are miles ahead in terms of public spaces.

You need to sit down with a deck plan of a HAL Vista and a Cunard VISTA and compare the two. Follow it inch by inch and you can see where the changes have been made.

Stephen

Hi Captain; are you once again doing the paintings on the 1st Pinnacle-class vessel?

Stephen

I forgot those two were enhanced versions of the Eurodam. I think that it'd be likely that they would be similar to what the new ships are going to aim for - it'd be the natural progression.

Archived