Upgrade ocean view D to verandah VB!

Dreamer757

I booked an ocean view D category and was just upgraded to a verandah VB category (an aft cabin) on the ms Westerdam. Does anyone have experience with this type of cabin? I think it will be a great view of Alaska, and May 25th can't get here soon enough!

Let me just say ..if I had been upgraded from a D to an aft facing VB....I would be jumping up and down, dancing a jig, twirling around,clapping my hands together and laughing ,laughing (mind you I haven't been on a cruise in awhile:D)...factor in, it is an Alaskan cruise ,well that warrants a series of cartwheels. I have had experience in an aft facing or "wakeview" cabin ,and yes the view is "great" and you are going to be so happy.:):)

Let me just say ..if I had been upgraded from a D to an aft facing VB....I would be jumping up and down, dancing a jig, twirling around,clapping my hands together and laughing ,laughing (mind you I haven't been on a cruise in awhile:D)...factor in, it is an Alaskan cruise ,well that warrants a series of cartwheels. I have had experience in an aft facing or "wakeview" cabin ,and yes the view is "great" and you are going to be so happy.:):)

I am jumping up and down! I love Alaska, I love cruising Alaska, and I can't wait for this trip. The view is one of my favorites. Only 13 days, but who's counting. :)

Congratulations. We have sailed in 2 aft cabins and will have a third on our trip to Alaska in September. You will love the views from the cabin. We also were never bothered by motion from this area of the ship.

Just out of curiosity, did you get to pick the cabin on your upgrade, or did they just assign it to you. Also did they call you or your TA about the upgrade, or did you just happen to see it on your reservation.

Just wondering , as we are taking our first HAL cruise in July , and wonder how an upgrade or an upsell might work. If we are lucky enough to get either one, I want to be ready!!!!:p

I booked an ocean view D category and was just upgraded to a verandah VB category (an aft cabin) on the ms Westerdam. Does anyone have experience with this type of cabin? I think it will be a great view of Alaska, and May 25th can't get here soon enough!

I booked a VF and received a VC category cabin on the same cruise as you.

Just out of curiosity, did you get to pick the cabin on your upgrade, or did they just assign it to you. Also did they call you or your TA about the upgrade, or did you just happen to see it on your reservation.

Just wondering , as we are taking our first HAL cruise in July , and wonder how an upgrade or an upsell might work. If we are lucky enough to get either one, I want to be ready!!!!:p

I did get to pick my upgrade location. I called my TA after seeing multiple price drops. HAL wouldn't offer a refund or OBC, but did offer the upgrade at no charge. I don't know that there is any rhyme or reason to how this works.

Archived