Packing a man's suit and shirts

Jeano222

I found a great video on how to fold a man's suit and shirts without wrinkling. If this has been posted before I apologize.

I practiced on one of my hubby's suit, the last time I left folded for 1 week and still no wrinkles

Very good tip (from a Hong Kong tailor based on the background noise).

The key is to leave some air inside the bag to act as a cushion. I think most of us will just squeeze the last bit of air out to make it flat.

For those heading to a cruise.....

Since dry cleaning prices are often quite similar to those on land (for men's suits), don't take the suit to the cleaners before the trip. Pack it "used" and send it out when you unpack.

You'll have a properly pressed suit waiting the next day, your cost will be similar, and you won't have to worry about how to pack.

Now, laundered shirts are a WHOLE different matter, with ship prices being vastly out of line compared with land laundries.

We used to own a dry cleaners with a shirt laundry so I am very good at folding shirts-although we had a frame to work with at the cleaners. On our last cruise I just did a quick fold on the suits and as soon as I unpacked I put them in the cleaning bag and sent them out and they were back next day ready to go. Worked so great- I will never stress out on this again!

The reason I started looking for packing tips for a is because the suit wouldn't go to onboard laundry until day 2 and would come back on Day 3 [too late for formal night] I know you can do rush service but isn't that twice the cost??

We had a sky suite once and sent out the suit. At 5PM day 2 it hadn't come back.We caught our butler and said we were concerned that is was formal night [we had early seating] and suit wasn't back. Our butler hunted it down and pressed it himself, and told us next time get expeditied service.

The reason I started looking for packing tips for a is because the suit wouldn't go to onboard laundry until day 2 and would come back on Day 3 [too late for formal night] I know you can do rush service but isn't that twice the cost??

We had a sky suite once and sent out the suit. At 5PM day 2 it hadn't come back.We caught our butler and said we were concerned that is was formal night [we had early seating] and suit wasn't back. Our butler hunted it down and pressed it himself, and told us next time get expeditied service.

Send it on day 1 (leave it out for your steward to pick up at evening 'turn down'), it will be back in time for formal on night 2...just emphasise to your steward you need it back for night 2. We always do this!!

Simon

We did send it out on embarkation day [day 1] but unless you request expedite service, it didn't get sent to laundry until morning of day 2. It was our mistake, we thought giving to butler the first night we would have it back the next day, that didn't happen at least to us.

Forgot to mention that I did not have the suit cleaned-I went with press only. It was back before lunch the next day. It is also less expensive and my CC coupons had a "2 pieces pressed free" I sent 4 pieces and now that I think about it I don't think I was charged at all for the other 2 pieces.!

Thanks so much for the vid! Love that the method he used on the suit is precisely how I do my regular shirts. His shirt method is refined more than mine but I'll rewatch and try it out.

Last cruise I sent my suits and shirts for pressing literally when the cabin attendant came to introduce himself. Had them after breakfast at Blu the following morning. Perfect!

Archived