Best beaches?

emmac25

We are doing a 7 day southern Caribbean itinerary with Barbados our last port of call. We have absolutely no plans here (unlike every other day)

What would be the best beach to go to and why? Looking for total relaxation but a nice spot with a beautiful view and food/drink nearby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
We are doing a 7 day southern Caribbean itinerary with Barbados our last port of call. We have absolutely no plans here (unlike every other day)

What would be the best beach to go to and why? Looking for total relaxation but a nice spot with a beautiful view and food/drink nearby.

Take a cab - $15 round trip per person and go to The Tiki Bar at Accra Beach. you pay $30 for 2 chairs and 1 umbrella and they give you back $60 Barbados play money to spend in the bar for food/drink. So basically your chairs/umbrella are free. Owner is great, the food was reasonable and good. Great beach, nice boardwalk if you want to take a walk along the water. Love it there.

Plus, if you like to snorkel and have your own gear, there's a reef straight out from the Tiki Bar (about 150 yards).

If you get there before 10 a.m. you might even see some turtles...

Cheers, P:)

I would recommend Rockley Beach (also known as Accra Beach) also. It's a nice, wide, white sand beach with beautiful turquoise waters. You'll love it, and it's pretty close to the port.

So agree with you. We used to go to The Boatyard all the time, which also is very nice. But then we got tuned into Accra and The Tiki Hut, so will go there all the time. Gorgeous beach and water. Boardwalk is also very nice to take a stroll

• 1 month later...

Crane, Crane, Crane

Post Card Views with Pink sands, beautiful, cliffs, caves, etc......elevator up cliffs to resort with food/drink.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is Holetown beach looking north towards Folkstone:

ry%3D400

There is a nice beach pub there (behind police station) but very small and crowded for my famly's liking. I know it looks like I am spinning a tale but this was taken early one morning.

Mullins beach: Our favorite

ry%3D400

looking south (you can walk for miles) looking for shells and sea glass

ry%3D400

Accra/Rockley Beach

ry%3D400

More people, more going on, more restaurants than Mullins. Larger beach with more wave action because it is on the south coast.

East Coast - Bathsheba area NOT recommended for swimming as very rough with rip tides etc

ry%3D400

I personally am not a fan of Crane beach as it is hit and miss with the currents whether you can swim as it is very close to the east coast. It is a beautiful resort, no doubt, but in an undesirable location.

Hope this helps people "picture" the beaches of Barbados!

• 4 weeks later...

Your descriptions got us thinking that the Tiki Bar would be a great place to spend our day in Barbados...but, reading on another board, it appears that beach may now be overrun with cruise passengers. Is this correct? Is there any other beach that has a similar setup?

Edited by toastyreward

The closest beaches within walking distance from port are Brandons Beach to the north and Carlisle Bay / Brownes Beach to the south.

Carlisle Bay has several beach bars with facilities.

Crane Beach is about 30-45 minutes by cab on the Atlantic side of the island.

Your descriptions got us thinking that the Tiki Bar would be a great place to spend our day in Barbados...but, reading on another board, it appears that beach may now be overrun with cruise passengers. Is this correct? Is there any other beach that has a similar setup?

You can always check out Rockley and if you find it too crowded, you can catch a cab or bus to one of the other nearby south shore beaches:

Worthing

Dover

Maxwell

Also, Carlisle Bay is only about 10 minutes north of Rockley (by bus or cab).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, but you have to get from port to the Fairchild St. Terminal in Bridgetown.

I believe there's a shuttle that runs from port to that Terminal, but I'm not 100% sure.

It's about the same distance from port to the north end of Bay St., not far from the Boatyard. Once on Bay St. (Hwy.7) you'll find lots of buses running north/south - the big gov't blue buses, as well as the private yellow mini buses and the white ZR's.

There's a bus stop right at Accra/Rockley.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...