Upgrade Fairy is alive and well

We are sailing on Allure this Sunday, May 19. This morning my cell phone rang, and it said "oregon call." I almost didn't answer, thinking it would be a sales call or something. Then, I remembered Royal has some employees in Oregon, so I answered. Sure am glad I did......

We were booked in a Junior Suite, party of 3. We were offered a comp upgrade to a Grand Suite. Now, I certainly don't want to sound ungrateful, but I think a JS is better for 3 than a GS is, just because of the way the furniture is positioned, etc. I told the Crown and Anchor rep that we loved GS cabins for 2, but not for 3 of us. (Mom is coming along with Jim and I). I then jokingly said that we'd love a Crown Loft Suite, however. She then offered me the option to upgrade to a Crown Loft for a price....much cheaper than normal. It cost $600, which is only $200 per person. That's a STEAL for a week in a Crown Loft! So, we upgraded to a CL. YAY. Now, yes, that's the "upsell fairy." But, we were also offered the comp upgrade, so the real upgrade fairy is alive and well.

PS...we are Diamond Plus with 470 cruise points

Peter

We are sailing on Allure this Sunday, May 19. This morning my cell phone rang, and it said "oregon call." I almost didn't answer, thinking it would be a sales call or something. Then, I remembered Royal has some employees in Oregon, so I answered. Sure am glad I did......

We were booked in a Junior Suite, party of 3. We were offered a comp upgrade to a Grand Suite. Now, I certainly don't want to sound ungrateful, but I think a JS is better for 3 than a GS is, just because of the way the furniture is positioned, etc. I told the Crown and Anchor rep that we loved GS cabins for 2, but not for 3 of us. (Mom is coming along with Jim and I). I then jokingly said that we'd love a Crown Loft Suite, however. She then offered me the option to upgrade to a Crown Loft for a price....much cheaper than normal. It cost $600, which is only $200 per person. That's a STEAL for a week in a Crown Loft! So, we upgraded to a CL. YAY. Now, yes, that's the "upsell fairy." But, we were also offered the comp upgrade, so the real upgrade fairy is alive and well.

Peter

nice ! enjoy ....:)

Peter

Congrats. What a great upgrade. :)

Peter

Wow congrats! We are leaving in 2 weeks and I am ready for the fairy to call me! We have a JS for 3 people...what would be different in the GS furniture positioning wise? What is the etc you mentioned? I just want to be ready if she calls! :)

Peter

C&A has relocated to Oregon.

I booked the cabin I wanted.

I'm not interested in an upgrade. Yes, it would be nice to have all that room, except I just sleep and shower there. I love the aft and I do not believe any of those suites will match the location of my aft balcony.

There's a word in Yiddish for people who wait for the upgrade fairy-"schnurra".. Basically someone who wants something for nothing.:p

Yes, it's always nice to get an unexpected gift, but if you can afford all those many cruises which make you D+ - go ahead and book the cabin you REALLY want. Take one less cruise?

OMG, what am I thinking?

Nevermind.:D

I booked the cabin I wanted.

I'm not interested in an upgrade. Yes, it would be nice to have all that room, except I just sleep and shower there. I love the aft and I do not believe any of those suites will match the location of my aft balcony.

There's a word in Yiddish for people who wait for the upgrade fairy-"schnurra".. Basically someone who wants something for nothing.:p

Yes, it's always nice to get an unexpected gift, but if you can afford all those many cruises which make you D+ - go ahead and book the cabin you REALLY want. Take one less cruise?

OMG, what am I thinking?

Nevermind.:D

Agreed....to a point. We did book the cabin we are happy with. We love JS cabins, and don't expect anything more. We don't "wait for the fairy" to call (well, not the upgrade fairy at least...LOL). But, when something like this is offered, it's nice to get something more. And, once less cruise? Are you nuts? LOL

Wow congrats! We are leaving in 2 weeks and I am ready for the fairy to call me! We have a JS for 3 people...what would be different in the GS furniture positioning wise? What is the etc you mentioned? I just want to be ready if she calls! :)

In a GS, there are 2 chairs, the sofa, and a long table. which are positioned basically at the foot of the bed. So, when the sofa is made into a bed, it's kind of at the foot of the real bed. We actually move the 2 chairs back to towards the wall to make more floor space. Also, if you have a JS on the hump, your balcony will be more spacious than the GS balcony. The JS has a walk-in closet, the GS does not. But, the GS has that huge bathroom. So, yes, the GS are nice. And if you're not Diamond Plus or higher, the GS will give you access to the concierge lounge. But, the JS seem to have more floor space, in my opinion.

Peter

Archived