Regent cruisers read the luxury cruise

Agree that Regent is listening to their customers. As the article indicated, Regent is not the only cruise line pulling some European itineraries. My guess is that in three years or so, customers will want Europe again. It wasn't long ago that South Africa itineraries were not popular so Regent dropped the port. Now it is the hottest selling port. Guess we (the public) are a bit fickle:confused:

European bookings on most lines are a bit flat in part due to the much higher cost of air travel as compared to a couple of years ago.:eek: Maybe this has something to do with their decision.

I absolutely think Regent did the right thing in pulling some of the Med cruises. There was a significant need for new itineraries. Too bad all of them are too long for those of us still working to take advantage of.

In the end these types of decisions are made based on customer bookings.

The Mediterranean market is saturated with cruise ships. Overall demand has been down not only because of the cost of airfare, but because of the reduction in bookings coming from the European market as a whole given their economic downturn.

All of this runs in cycles.

Keith

other than Joe!

Well, the fares for the other places, Dubai and the South Pacific and Australia and New Zealand are enough to gag anyone too. So, it can't be fares, in my opinion.

In my opinion, there is just too much turmoil going on around all of the European ports. That being said we are booked on two legs in Italy next June.

We are interested in the South Pacific for Christmas next year on Regent, but are holding our breath for Oceania which we much prefer. Either way, another choice for Christmas is a good thing for us.

A lot of cruise lines are doing shorter cruises, but you can do back to back which we have in the past. Most of the time you get a really good look at things.

We will see what happens on the new Regent cruises. For my DH, the one that cruises so close to the almost retired pirates is more than he can bite for a wonderful cruise! LOL

Archived