Smoking policy?

sjde

Is Oceania similar to Azamara in that there is one small area for smokers by the pool?

Oceania has Two designated Smoking areas, one outside at the forward, starboard side of the pool deck, and the other indoors on the port side, in the after end of the Horizons's Lounge.

On the larger ships (Marina & Riviera) the indoor smoking section is glassed in, making it virtually a room within a room.

Is Oceania similar to Azamara in that there is one small area for smokers by the pool?

Are you hoping to cruise on one of the two larger Oceania ships or the smaller R-ships that are like the two in Azamara's fleet?

If you are interested in the smaller ships, be aware that the forward lounge on Regatta, Insignia and Nautica do not have the same partition mentioned by JimandStan and that the smoke travels throughout the entire room.

Good to know there is an INSIDE smoking area.

Not chain smokers ... but enjoy a cigarette after dinner at an inside area.

Very interested in booking an Oceania cruise because of the wonderful reports from many of you here on CC. Think it might be a cruise line we'd enjoy. :)

LuLu

~~~~

Lulu,

For you it's "good" to have an inside smoking area. But just be warned that the majority of Oceania passengers are not at all sympathetic or welcoming to smokers.

And do not even THINK of smoking on your veranda, if you have one.

Follow the rules and I doubt you'll meet overt hostility. It's just that most of us don't like cigarette smoke. Let alone cigar smoke.

Mura

Lulu,

For you it's "good" to have an inside smoking area. But just be warned that the majority of Oceania passengers are not at all sympathetic or welcoming to smokers.

And do not even THINK of smoking on your veranda, if you have one.

Follow the rules and I doubt you'll meet overt hostility. It's just that most of us don't like cigarette smoke. Let alone cigar smoke.

Mura

As usual I agree with you. Many of us have tried to get O to eliminate the

Horizons smoking area on the R ships since it makes that space unusable to the majority who are non-smokers.. We never go to tea or anything else in that space.:mad:

As usual I agree with you. Many of us have tried to get O to eliminate the

Horizons smoking area on the R ships since it makes that space unusable to the majority who are non-smokers.. We never go to tea or anything else in that space.:mad:

Glassing in the Smoking Area might be a worthwhile improvement to the Insignia during her post Hapag rejuvenation...

It really does make a big difference on Marina & Riviera.

You mean they are allowed to smoke at tea? Most cruise lines do tea in the library, dining room or small non smoking lounge. I can't believe I am paying so much and have to put up with cigarette smoke. I love going to tea in the afternoon, but may have to pass this cruise.

You mean they are allowed to smoke at tea? Most cruise lines do tea in the library, dining room or small non smoking lounge. I can't believe I am paying so much and have to put up with cigarette smoke. I love going to tea in the afternoon, but may have to pass this cruise.

You do not need to pass on the afternoon tea.

It is in the Horizon Court and if you sit anywhere on the starboard side of the room you will have no idea that there is even such a thing as a smoking corner on the opposite end. Oceania's afternoon tea is the best tea I've had at sea (much like their food is the best) - and that, IMO, includes ALL other cruise lines (except Crystal, as we have not sailed with Crystal)

I am an ex-smoker but do not care for the smoke. However, I am NEVER bothered by it on Oceania - there is no need for drama :)

164902.jpg Afternoon Tea is held in the Horizons (Observation) Lounge, in which the after section of the room on the Port Side, is used as a Smoking Section.

regattahorizonsf.jpg Horizons is one of the largest Public Rooms on the ship and is divided into several sections by the Bar and the Stage, so if you choose your seat carefully, you might not even realize that the Smoking Section was there (although I still wish that they would glass it in). ;)

I must say we must have been lucky on our cruises the only time we were bothered by the smoke was when we did not get to the lounge early enough for tea & ended up sitting right across from the smoking area

Thankfully there were only a couple of smokers in there

No problem on the Marina

I agree, a glass enclosure on the R-ships would help

Lyn

I have to say that we only have gone to tea occasionally, and when we did it was on an "R" ship. We are very intolerant of cigarette smoke but we really didn't notice the smoke problems on the "R" ships. Maybe we were lucky and picked the right end of the room!

I certainly have been startled by cigar/cigarette smoke when I crossed the pool deck late at night and didn't realize I was right by the smoker's area.

So even on the "R" ships, it may not be such a problem. I certainly wouldn't cancel a cruise (or not book one) because there are some smokers on board.

And yes, I would prefer a total ban on smoking. But I have to say that I've been able to live with the current policy.

It's far worse to have someone on the neighboring veranda smoking than it is to have a small area of Horizons smoking.

At least O now enforces the "do not smoke on your veranda rule" which they did not always do in the past. The Princess fire did have some benefits! I have had email friends who really suffered in the past from not being able to use their verandas due to smokers being next door. And from what I have heard and read, that is no longer a problem.

Crossing my fingers ...

Mura

I must say we must have been lucky on our cruises the only time we were bothered by the smoke was when we did not get to the lounge early enough for tea & ended up sitting right across from the smoking area

Thankfully there were only a couple of smokers in there

No problem on the Marina

I agree, a glass enclosure on the R-ships would help

Lyn

Maybe a prison cell?????????????? :D

Archived