Haven question that I don't think has been asked before

Lacaena

My fiancé and I are planning a Breakaway cruise with his mother for next year. We are planning on staying in the Haven. I would like her to be able to use the amenities with us but I would prefer she had her own cabin, paying double occupancy for her to stay alone in the haven is not an option. I think she might enjoy the studio experience, as she will be sailing solo. I understand the non-haven guest issue and personally I don't think they should be allowed to use the amenities even when with a haven guest, it's just not fair to those who've paid for it. So my question is this: can we double book her? Pay for her as the third guest in our suite AND get her her own studio? I haven't been able to find the answer to this, sorry if its been asked before. Thanks :)

My fiancé and I are planning a Breakaway cruise with his mother for next year. We are planning on staying in the Haven. I would like her to be able to use the amenities with us but I would prefer she had her own cabin, paying double occupancy for her to stay alone in the haven is not an option. I think she might enjoy the studio experience, as she will be sailing solo. I understand the non-haven guest issue and personally I don't think they should be allowed to use the amenities even when with a haven guest, it's just not fair to those who've paid for it. So my question is this: can we double book her? Pay for her as the third guest in our suite AND get her her own studio? I haven't been able to find the answer to this, sorry if its been asked before. Thanks :)

I do not believe they will allow double bookings, however, have you thought about the three of you sharing the 2bdrm Haven Suite? We have found that it gives enough privacy as it has two bedrooms and two full baths.

I do not believe they will allow double bookings, however, have you thought about the three of you sharing the 2bdrm Haven Suite? We have found that it gives enough privacy as it has two bedrooms and two full baths.

We thought about it, and it's an option but I'd really prefer something that's completely our own space. So I'm just trying to figure out all the options.

I. Am currently booked in 2 balcony cabins on Epic for December. I originally booked by myself then decided to go with a friend instead. I haven't got rid of the original because my friend might decide to go and it has OBC so I was hoping to transfer over. Anyway...both bookings show on my NCL...and it has been that way for a while with no issues. Don't know what would happen when I went to get on with 2 cabins though. I don't see why they'd care though if both were paid. Maybe they think I'm bringing a lot of stuff and need extra space. :)

Finding a place for the mother in law :)

Good luck. My first suggestion was to just book a 2 bedroom suite. This way you both had your own bedroom and TV and privacy. But I am reading between the lines that is not enough ;)

Please keep us posted

I. Am currently booked in 2 balcony cabins on Epic for December. I originally booked by myself then decided to go with a friend instead. I haven't got rid of the original because my friend might decide to go and it has OBC so I was hoping to transfer over. Anyway...both bookings show on my NCL...and it has been that way for a while with no issues. Don't know what would happen when I went to get on with 2 cabins though. I don't see why they'd care though if both were paid. Maybe they think I'm bringing a lot of stuff and need extra space. :)

Anyone can have a "double booking" reservation. I had it also. Final payment isn't due yet for a Dec cruise. Once final payment is due you have to choose 1 reservation. You can't have yourself booked in 2 rooms for the same sailing. You can have multiple reservations for the same time frame and it will show up in the myncl account but only 1 can be finalized and paid for.

In the past I have tried to do this a few times on NcL, booking my daughters in both the second bedroom plus a cabin of their own. Each time I have been told "Not Possible" by NcL. I was told, yes, you can actually make the initial reservation, but you cannot actually check in at the pier to two rooms, and I don't think you can even get thru the online check in either.

We have sailed with my Mother-in-law in the second bedroom of the suite, and it worked very well. We each had a lot of privacy for sleeping, showering, dressing etc. if she wanted her "own time", she would sit in the Haven itself to read, etc. she found it absolutely delightful.

Robin

There have been several posts on here in the past about double bookings. Seems it can't be done. Several have wanted to book a third or fourth person in a suite for a small price and then actually put the person in another cabin, sorting getting around the "rules". NCL won't allow it. Good luck.

I understand your need for space. Maybe the easiest thing to do would be to get a Posh pass for her. I don't think anyone would have an issue with her coming to visit you in your cabin or dining in the dining room. I think the only real issue would be her using the pool.

I tried to do this a couple of years ago for my parents and it did not work. We were booked in the OS. I wanted to pay the additional 2 guest fee for the room in my parents name and also get them an inside cabin to actually sleep in. They would spending their days with us but didn't want to have them sleeping on the pull out couch and we didn't want to sleep on it either. NCL said a double booking would be caught before we departed and we would have to drop one. As it turned out they were not able to go on the trip so it was not an issue.

The only way that i can think to do it is to bring another couple or some kids (5 people total) book you your better half and mother in the haven. then get the couple/kids to book 2 cabins. They sleep in one and your mother sleeps in the other but has access to the haven.

If the 2 bedroom suite is anything like on the Pearl I think you have enough privacy. On the Pearl there was an entry hallway, to one side was an door to the 2nd bedroom (key card access required!) and in front entry to the living room (key card access required). Off the living room there was a door to the master bath. This door was a real door, not a curtain. It almost looked like NCL was reserving the ability to sell the 2nd bedroom as a studio. Can't think of any other reason for key card access.

We are sailing in 6 days on the NCL Gem with six people in the 2 bed family suite. My mother, her friend, kids (3+5) and my wife and I. If we were just in a normal family suite I think it would be tight, but with the Haven right outside the door I don't have any concerns.

But honestly, I'd leave the MIL at home on my honeymoon . . .

If the 2 bedroom suite is anything like on the Pearl I think you have enough privacy. On the Pearl there was an entry hallway, to one side was an door to the 2nd bedroom (key card access required!) and in front entry to the living room (key card access required). Off the living room there was a door to the master bath. This door was a real door, not a curtain. It almost looked like NCL was reserving the ability to sell the 2nd bedroom as a studio. Can't think of any other reason for key card access.

We are sailing in 6 days on the NCL Gem with six people in the 2 bed family suite. My mother, her friend, kids (3+5) and my wife and I. If we were just in a normal family suite I think it would be tight, but with the Haven right outside the door I don't have any concerns.

But honestly, I'd leave the MIL at home on my honeymoon . . .

I don't believe they said it was their honeymoon.

Since NCL has learned that there is a market for single cabins out there, with the apparent success of the Studio's, perhaps they should take it to a new level on the next class of newbuild's by offering a few 'Haven Singles'. I don't think there has been such a category on a ship since Cunard retired the QE2 with its 'Grill class' singles.

Such an option would fit the bill in this situation.....;)

Archived