Manhattan Cruise Terminal Drop Off

Morebeer

Hello All. Understand the NCL Breakaway will be docked next to our embarkation for the Carnival Splendor on Sunday June 2nd. Have to believe due to the size of that ship there will be loads of traffic arriving at the manhattan cruise terminal that morning. Will be taking a car service from Queens to the terminal that morning is it possible to be dropped off accross the street or close by to the terminal and walk whatever remaining blocks would be left in order to avoid heavy traffic. Thanks as always for all your replies and or suggestions.

How bad will it be with 3 ships at the Manhattan cruise terminal? (9,000 cruisers) Does Carnival and NCL have the same drop off location? I will be arriving by car service. How much extra time do I need to allow once near the port? The ship leaves at 3 pm.

I've sailed out of NY before on the Gem, but we were the only ship that day, and it was very easy.

Not worried about the return, we will be the only ship.

How bad will it be with 3 ships at the Manhattan cruise terminal? (9,000 cruisers) Does Carnival and NCL have the same drop off location? I will be arriving by car service. How much extra time do I need to allow once near the port? The ship leaves at 3 pm.

I've sailed out of NY before on the Gem, but we were the only ship that day, and it was very easy.

Not worried about the return, we will be the only ship.

It's likely that Carnival will be at Pier 90, NCL at Pier 88. No doubt it will be busy at the port that day. Three ships in port is usually the point at which it gets crowded. We try to arrive at about 10:30 regardless of the number of ships in port.

FYI even though its different piers there is only one entrance for the Manhattan cruise terminal by car. the car entrance is at 55th street and 12th avenue.

You can also cross the street directly into your pier as there is a walk in entrance on each pier. pier 88 is 48th street pier 90 is at 50th street.

I was there in January when both the Carnival ship and NCL ship used the same pier(leaving from either side) and it was not a problem really.

Archived