Dumb email or is it me?

Just opened an email from RC titled "Our Extended Sales Event Starts Today". So I 'searched sailings'. It opened a page "Limited-Time Offers". I scroll down a little and it says "There are currently no sailings available for this limited-time offer. Please check back soon." Huh? What? DOH!

Just opened an email from RC titled "Our Extended Sales Event Starts Today". So I 'searched sailings'. It opened a page "Limited-Time Offers". I scroll down a little and it says "There are currently no sailings available for this limited-time offer. Please check back soon." Huh? What? DOH!

Probably website programming issues. Here's the sales flyer:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Have noted many times the amount of excellent help, support and guidance you have given to CC members.

I wish to take this opportunity to acknowledge your constant kindness, in depth knowledge, which you share without profit or gain.

May one ask a simple question – how do you guys do it?

You must have mainframe computers for brains!

One is in no doubt other CC members feel the same – You are absolute stars!

My thanks are sent on behalf of all members of CC you have assisted.

beatus legens</SPAN>!

Have noted many times the amount of excellent help, support and guidance you have given to CC members.

I wish to take this opportunity to acknowledge your constant kindness, in depth knowledge, which you share without profit or gain.

beatus legens</SPAN>!

I second this!! Way to go CC members

beatuslegens</SPAN>!

If I ran RCCL, all Customer Service Reps would be required to read every post on the RCI CC Board.

beatuslegens</SPAN>!

Thanks for the kind words. :)

I agree that the people here in CC are great. I have been searching info here for months in preparation for my summer trip and I have to say that I have found I found very helpful information.

This will be my first time traveling with Royal and do not get the flyer that was added in the thread. I do not understand the last section and would like some clarification. At the bottom of the chart there is a section that states 3/4 rate starting at.... I added an example below. I checked the rates for my cruise, which is in this list, and the rate on this section does not match any of the rates offered when doing a dummy booking. What does this section refer to.

3/4 rate starting at

USD

$499

$599

CAD

$509

$609

I agree that the people here in CC are great. I have been searching info here for months in preparation for my summer trip and I have to say that I have found I found very helpful information.

This will be my first time traveling with Royal and do not get the flyer that was added in the thread. I do not understand the last section and would like some clarification. At the bottom of the chart there is a section that states 3/4 rate starting at.... I added an example below. I checked the rates for my cruise, which is in this list, and the rate on this section does not match any of the rates offered when doing a dummy booking. What does this section refer to.

3/4 rate starting at

USD

$499

$599

CAD

$509

$609

The 3/4 rate is for the 3rd and 4th person in the stateroom.

The 3/4 rate is for the 3rd and 4th person in the stateroom.

Thanks... That makes sense. I was looking at the 3/4 as a representation of a fraction a particular rate and not in respect to people.

I have also noticed your always prompt and helpful advice and want to add my thanks. Also wondering how you always have the right answer for everything. :):)

I learned from Patti to take good notes!;)

Still waiting for Any mail or emails- dumb or not- from RCL......:rolleyes:

Good luck. I also get neither, and have no idea why. The only emails I have received lately are post cruise surveys that don't work. :rolleyes:

No email from RCI but seems like I am now getting 2 or 3 a day from Carnival. Seriously. I havent been on a Carnival cruise in 5 years and never visit the website.

I guess desperate times call for desperate measures :confused:

Good luck. I also get neither, and have no idea why. The only emails I have received lately are post cruise surveys that don't work. :rolleyes:

If you want some email and phone calls from Royal, do a courtesy hold on a booking and let it expire. That will open the floodgates.;)

I've tried for years to receive email notifications from RCCL, with little to no success. Each time I've called, emailed or otherwise contacted RCCL and C&A, I'm assured the problem's fixed, but it never is. So I've come to rely on a few very special CC's like Bob and Patti to get the most current and MOST ACCURATE information I need.

Two comments - 1) I especially appreciate Bob and Patti's replies because there's never, ever an "I know it all and you're so stupid" tone to them -thanks!!!!!!!!

2) I recently booked a cruise with Carnival (my first non-RCCL cruise) and have already received more emails from Carnival than I've ever received from RCCL for all my cruises combined....:cool:

If I had known I could have forwarded the ones I was getting from the UK office with the price listed in pounds. They would probably be as useful to you as they were to me. Alas, they have finally stopped filling my Inbox. :rolleyes:

We actually at one time did get those emails in Pounds.

Glad we are not alone in being left out. Holland, Princess and Carnival love us though. They keep in touch!!

Holland, Princess and Carnival love us though. They keep in touch!!

Speaking of Holland, my last cruise with them was a year ago. I receive regular mailings from them, which I love. However, just recently, they started an aggressive Cruise Consultant (or whatever they call them) compaign, at least, with me. I guess HAL decided some guy who I have never spoken with needs to be my personal cruise consultant. I've gotten phone calls, emails and written letters from him. Finally, on his last call, I had to tell him to cut it out. When I want to book a HAL cruise, I'll contact them. :rolleyes:

I get one of them every Sunday night for the preview sale and there is never anything there.lol

Bill

If you want some email and phone calls from Royal, do a courtesy hold on a booking and let it expire. That will open the floodgates.;)

Too funny and absolutely accurate! :D

I thought it was just me! Figured they didn't really want to hear what I thought.

They've sent a few and none have worked.

Dee

Archived