Many Questions (Stewards, Full Suites, Ammenities)

BrooklynRussians

Good afternoon, I will be sailing on Royal Princess November 17th in suite R731 S2 Owners Aft Suite. :D

I have sailed previously on Regent / Silver and have had butlers. First time in a Full Suite on Princess. :)

What are the extra perks you receive as a full suite guest that are not listed on princess amenities. :confused:

What can you ask your Steward for outside of

ice bucket, itineraries, what extra perks does a full suite steward have over those in a regular cabin?:confused:

Good afternoon, I will be sailing on Royal Princess November 17th in suite R731 S2 Owners Aft Suite. :D

I have sailed previously on Regent / Silver and have had butlers. First time in a Full Suite on Princess. :)

What are the extra perks you receive as a full suite guest that are not listed on princess amenities. :confused:

ice bucket, itineraries, what extra perks does a full suite steward have over those in a regular cabin?:confused:

When we were on a cruise with Princess we did not really bother the stewart a lot as I don't think he is the same as a "butler". We predominantly book a suite to have a bigger balcony and yes, it is lovely to have a suite but I am not sure what else you expect besides what Princess describes on the website? :confused::confused:

No extra perks other than those listed by Princess.

An ice bucket will be in your cabin upon arrival and your steward will keep it replenished.

The steward has nothing to do with itineraries and he/she is no different than other stewards since he/she will be maintaining regular cabins as well as suites.

Do you have a particular question in mine?

Mike:)

For example our butler would

Bring Full Breakfast and Dinner Menu daily.

Replenish Ice bucket daily.

All bathroom amenities brought up two of everything daily.

Brought two itinerary "things to do on the ship / sites to see" lists daily.

Brought canapés menu daily

Brought afternoon tea menu daily.

Had a pillow menu, bath robes waiting for us.

Set up breakfast for us on our balcony daily.

If we ran late weren't making dining time he would bring and set up dinner for us on our balcony.

We could make all dinning / excursion requests through him.

Full Dinner service in our served course by course.

Serve a cocktail party in the suite.

He would unpack our clothes, do our laundry and pack our bags. Polish my shoes with out me having to ask.

These are just some of the lovely things a butler does and am curious if full suites stewards do this?

On all other Princess ships Full Suite Guests receive complimentary use of the Lotus Spa thermal suite? But not on Royal Princess why is this, Considering the full-suites on the Royal Princess are more expensive then on other ships in the line - especially Aft owners suites. :cool:

Is there something else we are getting that they are not getting on other ships? Or are we just simply missing out. :(

What is the reasoning behind this? :confused:

For example our butler would

Bring Full Breakfast and Dinner Menu daily. Yes - if you don't receive them ask (nicely of course)

Replenish Ice bucket daily.Yes. Same with the fruit basket.

All bathroom amenities brought up two of everything daily. Will clean up and replenish amenities twice a day regardless of your cabin level

Brought two itinerary "things to do on the ship / sites to see" lists daily. Delivers the Princess Patter regardless of your cabin level

Brought canapés menu daily will leave you the request slip to be completed in the morning for afternoon delivery (I think -- I know we always get the chocolate dipped strawberries but I think you need to request the canapes daily)

Brought afternoon tea menu daily. Afternoon tea doesn't have a menu - order through room service

Had a pillow menu, bath robes waiting for us.If your robe isn't there it will be by the evening (we have always had them upon arrival but sometimes they are in the laundry from what I've read here). Never seen a pillow menu but have asked for additional pillows and had them before bedtime.

Set up breakfast for us on our balcony daily. Room service will do that but you shouldn't miss Sabatinis for breakfast.

If we ran late weren't making dining time he would bring and set up dinner for us on our balcony. You call room service if you want dinner on your balcony - they will deliver all the courses at once

We could make all dinning / excursion requests through him. Concierge in the Royal's Concierge Lounge will do that.

Full Dinner service in our served course by course. You will need to order (and pay) for the Ultimate Balcony dinner for that.

Serve a cocktail party in the suite. Nope

He would unpack our clothes, do our laundry and pack our bags. Polish my shoes with out me having to ask. Will provide the laundry bags and slips for you and return your clothes (if we aren't there, I have had them hang them in the closet.) Never bring shoes that need shining.

These are just some of the lovely things a butler does and am curious if full suites stewards do this?

I love suites but have absolutely no interest in having a butler lurking :p around -- maybe that's why we like Princess!

Thank you for the thorough answers - Does Sabithinis serve a different menu then you would get via room service?

It is a longer menu plus they are very accomodating with special requests.

Thank you for the thorough answers - Does Sabithinis serve a different menu then you would get via room service?

I've asked the same question (about a butler) the first time I booked a suite. I was not disappointed not having one. My cabin steward was very attentive. I think everyone will agree that breakfast at Sabatini's is one of the greatest perks of a suite. You will love it (although I have never seen anyone arrive in their PJ's). Best way to start of your morning. Second to Sabatini's is the chocolate strawberries.

I would be very interested to find out about suites on the Royal. It seems as though Princess is lowering the standards on this ship (no thermal spa, no dance venue for ballroom dancers, etc). We can only wait and see what happens.

I guess going with out a butler isn't that big of a deal. I am still a little upset though that the complimentary spa admission has been taken away from the perks list.
So has the unlimited Internet unless you booked prior to last July. However, you get a free dinner in Sabatini's instead.

Princess is an excellent mass market line but it's not SilverSea.

So has the unlimited Internet unless you booked prior to last July. However, you get a free dinner in Sabatini's instead.

Princess is an excellent mass market line but it's not SilverSea.

Thank you, Pam that is exactly what I am saying - internet taken away / replaced with Sabatini's dinner and that is great. I am going to miss the internet but my fiancée will be ecstatic lol.

But the point is they replaced it with some thing else so cant complain. It's just to take some thing away "spa" and replace it with nothing at all, now that's irritating.

It will be my first cruise on princess and I might be expecting a bit much, but as long as it is on par with RC I will be happy. Perhaps I am expecting a bit to much but I would think that if I book a Full Suite I would expect much more then I would in a Balcony, outside of the extra space; and I book a deluxe balcony 55% of my cruises So I am not stuck up about room size. Not including luxury liners which are all suites.

I believe that if I am spending close to luxury money I should receive close to luxury money treatment.

I cant compare it to Silver or Regent - I don't even add those lines to my signature as it would be like comparing my Mercedes S65 AMG to my first car a Nissan Maxima both great in their right but completely different.

And in the same respects I do not compare Princess and Carnival imo: a Maxima vs a Moped. Though I shouldn't judge as I never sailed carnival but never plan to either.

Simply put I pay for the best, I expect the best, I deserve the best. :cool:

It will be my first cruise on princess and I might be expecting a bit much, but as long as it is on par with RC I will be happy. Perhaps I am expecting a bit to much but I would think that if I book a Full Suite I would expect much more then I would in a Balcony, outside of the extra space; and I book a deluxe balcony 55% of my cruises So I am not stuck up about room size. Not including luxury liners which are all suites.

I believe that if I am spending close to luxury money I should receive close to luxury money treatment.

IMHO, Princess is an upgrade from RCCL. In my experience, the food and service are better and the onboard experience is more laid-back. No PA announcements other than the CD perhaps once or twice a day and the Captain's noon report. Princess is more "escape completely."

As a single cruiser, I pay a 100% premium but don't get any additional perks or amenities other than space, which is what I'm paying for. Just saying. :)

Hi BrooklynRussians

I find your posts highly amusing and hilarious at the same time. But tell me is the AMG 65 quicker than the McLaren F1? Well, my boyfriend just mentioned if he had to go down from his Aston Martin DB9 he would consider the AMG 65.

Oh, we also found the solution to the butler problem. Bring your own.

Of course he needs to have the suite besides you to be available at all times. :D

I really hope I meet you one day as I think you are funny.

Best regards

Andrea :D

IMHO, Princess is an upgrade from RCCL. In my experience, the food and service are better and the onboard experience is more laid-back. No PA announcements other than the CD perhaps once or twice a day and the Captain's noon report. Princess is more "escape completely."

As a single cruiser, I pay a 100% premium but don't get any additional perks or amenities other than space, which is what I'm paying for. Just saying. :)

You know what just hearing that actually made me feel better, Pam if we are ever on the same cruise, free wine for you.

Hi BrooklynRussians

I find your posts highly amusing and hilarious at the same time. But tell me is the AMG 65 quicker than the McLaren F1? Well, my boyfriend just mentioned if he had to go down from his Aston Martin DB9 he would consider the AMG 65.

Oh, we also found the solution to the butler problem. Bring your own.

Of course he needs to have the suite besides you to be available at all times. :D

I really hope I meet you one day as I think you are funny.

Best regards

Andrea :D

Andrea DB9 is a gorgeous car can not saying negative about it, next year I will be getting a Fisker < that is a beautiful car yes perhaps a step down - but gorgeous none the less. Heck if we are ever on the same cruise, first rounds on me. I would pack my kitten "tuxedo cat" he can be my mini-butler lol, he is my butler at home.

You know what just hearing that actually made me feel better, Pam if we are ever on the same cruise, free wine for you.

Andrea DB9 is a gorgeous car can not saying negative about it, next year I will be getting a Fisker < that is a beautiful car yes perhaps a step down - but gorgeous none the less. Heck if we are ever on the same cruise, first rounds on me. I would pack my kitten "tuxedo cat" he can be my mini-butler lol, he is my butler at home.

Russian, very nice car indeed :D there are still "suites" available on our cruise in December ;) and if the first round is on you, the second one will be Borschtscht with sour cream on me ;)

............................................Simply put I pay for the best, I expect the best, I deserve the best. :cool:

I'm really concerned that your expectations are way to high for Princess. Princess is a great cruise line with a loyal following, but it may not live up to your standards.

I'm really concerned that your expectations are way to high for Princess. Princess is a great cruise line with a loyal following, but it may not live up to your standards.

Maybe but its always interesting to see some thing new.

I have to be honest despite having sailed Regent, Silver, Azamara, Crystal - my favorite line bar none is Royal Caribbean. Maybe its not the best food, but its just so much fun I'm 28 my fiancée is 27 all the luxury liners are great but the people are to stuck up and snobby - I may want the best but I don't walk with my nose above everyone else - RC feels like home to me and I hope to get the same feeling on the Princes.

Russian, very nice car indeed :D there are still "suites" available on our cruise in December ;) and if the first round is on you, the second one will be Borschtscht with sour cream on me ;)

Its spelled Borscht and I've never seen on a cruise ship, then again I've never asked for it. :rolleyes:

There are also many Suites left on the November 17th sailing, please feel free to join; we would go in December but we already have a New Years cruise booked. Still not on the level to cruise more then once a month, though I am trying. :o

Its spelled Borscht and I've never seen on a cruise ship, then again I've never asked for it. :rolleyes:

There are also many Suites left on the November 17th sailing, please feel free to join; we would go in December but we already have a New Years cruise booked. Still not on the level to cruise more then once a month, though I am trying. :o

Thank you for the spelling tips ;)

Where do you sail to? We are doing Southern Carribean this time. Loved the Carribean cruise 2 years ago and last year we went to Hawaii where I thought it was a little bit cold for the first 2 days and also we struggled with the time difference between the UK and Hawaii (11 or 12 hours!!).

I don't know if you are staying in Fort Lauderdale for your cruise but I found a lovely hotel fairly close to the cruise port which is The Pillars.

Andrea x

Archived