Many Questions (Stewards, Full Suites, Ammenities)

BrooklynRussians

Thank you for the spelling tips ;)

Where do you sail to? We are doing Southern Carribean this time. Loved the Carribean cruise 2 years ago and last year we went to Hawaii where I thought it was a little bit cold for the first 2 days and also we struggled with the time difference between the UK and Hawaii (11 or 12 hours!!).

I don't know if you are staying in Fort Lauderdale for your cruise but I found a lovely hotel fairly close to the cruise port which is The Pillars.

Andrea x

90% Of the time it is the Caribbean as all I really care about is the beach, we have not been to Hawaii yet but my fiancée really wants to go there so most likely some time in 2015 as I am booked through all of 2014 already. Did you cruise to Hawaii?

We have not decided yet where to stay in Fort Lauderdale - most likely will be either a Marriot or IHG property as I am platinum with both, {because of work} I am going to use points and get a free room.

But what is the property that you are speaking of?

90% Of the time it is the Caribbean as all I really care about is the beach, we have not been to Hawaii yet but my fiancée really wants to go there so most likely some time in 2015 as I am booked through all of 2014 already. Did you cruise to Hawaii?
If all you really care about is the beach, why not go to the Caribbean to a luxury all-inclusive? There are quite a few in the Caribbean or if you get tired of the Caribbean, Cabo San Lucas or the Mexican Riviera? From Brooklyn, Bermuda is a quick flight, interesting island with great beaches. I'm just curious since if you take a cruise, you're missing beach days by sailing on the ship. Particularly if you're considering HI.

Thank you, Pam that is exactly what I am saying - internet taken away / replaced with Sabatini's dinner and that is great. I am going to miss the internet but my fiancée will be ecstatic lol.

But the point is they replaced it with some thing else so cant complain. It's just to take some thing away "spa" and replace it with nothing at all, now that's irritating.

It will be my first cruise on princess and I might be expecting a bit much, but as long as it is on par with RC I will be happy. Perhaps I am expecting a bit to much but I would think that if I book a Full Suite I would expect much more then I would in a Balcony, outside of the extra space; and I book a deluxe balcony 55% of my cruises So I am not stuck up about room size. Not including luxury liners which are all suites.

I believe that if I am spending close to luxury money I should receive close to luxury money treatment.

I cant compare it to Silver or Regent - I don't even add those lines to my signature as it would be like comparing my Mercedes S65 AMG to my first car a Nissan Maxima both great in their right but completely different.

And in the same respects I do not compare Princess and Carnival imo: a Maxima vs a Moped. Though I shouldn't judge as I never sailed carnival but never plan to either.

Simply put I pay for the best, I expect the best, I deserve the best. :cool:

I think you will be disappointed that your "special" treatment will the same if you booked a balcony, outside, or inside cabin. On Princess there is no class distinction, everyone is treated well. I believe as an elite tier member my perks are comparable and better then a suite.

You keep saying there are many suites available. Just for clarification, a mini-suite is more like an extended balcony and does not have the same amenities as the full suites.

I said there are many Full Suites Available on November 17th 2013...

S2 Owners Aft.

If all you really care about is the beach, why not go to the Caribbean to a luxury all-inclusive? There are quite a few in the Caribbean or if you get tired of the Caribbean, Cabo San Lucas or the Mexican Riviera? From Brooklyn, Bermuda is a quick flight, interesting island with great beaches. I'm just curious since if you take a cruise, you're missing beach days by sailing on the ship. Particularly if you're considering HI.

Usually we go on a cruise where we go to 5-6 islands in a week, I enjoy cruising because of the activities and waking up some where new + being in the middle of the ocean with the balcony open and the ocean breeze coming in when I'm sleeping.

For Hawaii I am not sure how to go about it as it will be a 2 week trip and we want to see as many islands as possible.

I think you will be disappointed that your "special" treatment will the same if you booked a balcony, outside, or inside cabin. On Princess there is no class distinction, everyone is treated well. I believe as an elite tier member my perks are comparable and better then a suite.

Yes and you earned your elite tier by cruising on one line many times, some thing I am unwilling to do as there are so many different lines out there and life is to short to confine my self to one just for a few extra perks, that if I spend a couple of more cents on are offered to me in a suite.

And I do not care about class distinction, but there are a few great perks to being in a full suite like priority Embarkation and Disembarkation at ports.

Yes and you earned your elite tier by cruising on one line many times, some thing I am unwilling to do as there are so many different lines out there and life is to short to confine my self to one just for a few extra perks, that if I spend a couple of more cents on are offered to me in a suite.

And I do not care about class distinction, but there are a few great perks to being in a full suite like priority Embarkation and Disembarkation at ports.

Actually I am at top tier on many lines, because like you I don't confine myself to one line. I got to top tiers the hard way by cruising, full prices, several times a year. Top tier on Azamara ( I AM) has better perks then Princess. You sound like you would be a good match for Azamara . The suites/Perks on NCL are better then any other ship on the high Seas. Top tier on RCL gets you reserved sections of seats at the shows so you don't have to show up early and hope for a seat. Every cruise line has something good to offer and life is short so why not enjoy them all.

Actually I am at top tier on many lines, because like you I don't confine myself to one line. I got to top tiers the hard way by cruising, full prices, several times a year. Top tier on Azamara ( I AM) has better perks then Princess. You sound like you would be a good match for Azamara . The suites/Perks on NCL are better then any other ship on the high Seas. Top tier on RCL gets you reserved sections of seats at the shows so you don't have to show up early and hope for a seat. Every cruise line has something good to offer and life is short so why not enjoy them all.

We have sailed Azamara and it is a good line, I just didn't fall in love with it.

NCL / Carnvial are two lines I wont ever cruise even if I was offered free balcony.

I am trying Celebrity in December for the first time I have heard nothing but good about them really looking forward to it.

After I try all the lines, I will pick 3 that I like and stick to it

So far Silver & RC are my favorites.

We have not decided yet where to stay in Fort Lauderdale - most likely will be either a Marriot or IHG property as I am platinum with both, {because of work} I am going to use points and get a free room.

But what is the property that you are speaking of?

Hi Russian

We did cruise to Hawaii last October (end of October) on a 14 day cruise (leaving from San Diego). The first 2 - 3 days were rather cold outside and coming back also. The Hawaiian Islands were lovely, don't get me wrong, but since they are part of the USA, you can tell the influence.

I prefer the Carribean Islands as you can choose which one's to visit (British, French, Dutch) and I found them to more relaxed and chilled out. And also the Carribean ocean was much calmer than the Pacific ocean. And since I loooove being on the balcony and just gliding across the ocean this suits us much better. (the nights are warmer also).

The property I referred to is this one:

http://www.pillarshotel.com/

I understand what you are saying regarding the hotels you are using but maybe you want to change one day. :)

By the way, I only describe my own experiences regarding the cruises and I know there are a lot of fans of Hawaii but I only expressed my own feelings and what is suited based on our own wishes. ;)

Andrea x

BrooklynRussians

Usually we go on a cruise where we go to 5-6 islands in a week, I enjoy cruising because of the activities and waking up some where new + being in the middle of the ocean with the balcony open and the ocean breeze coming in when I'm sleeping.

For Hawaii I am not sure how to go about it as it will be a 2 week trip and we want to see as many islands as possible.

Okay...from a non-beach person growing up in Hawaii. If you are interested in a port intensive cruise with lots of opportunities to visit beaches, the 14 day round trip to Hawaii will not be for you. Some/most of the sea days are too cold (for me) to be out by the pool. Hilo really doesn't have any good beaches. That leaves you with 3 islands. Duke Kahanamoku and Waimanalo Beach Parks on Oahu just rated in the top 5 beaches in the United States (although number one went to a beach in New York).

NCL visits more islands/ports, but, in my opinion, do not come close to Princess in service.

Have you considered the one way trip from Hawaii to Tahiti (or back or B2B)? I think you might see less sea days. Plus you can start your vacation by flying Hawaiian Airlines from New York to Honolulu non stop.

If there is anything I can suggest about the islands, please make a note here on CC and I will check back. You have a long time to plan this trip. Good luck.

Displaced local girl

I cannot speak to the reason but the Thermal spa on Royal is expanded in scope and is available for sale on a per day basis, unlike all other ships. Perhaps this decision was also the reason Princess management modified the suite benefit on this ship.

If you look at the drawings for what will be the Thermal Suite area on the Royal, it is a much mofre developed place. Whether it is worth the cost, we'll have to wait for the first passengers to sail. It will be a suite perk I'll miss. I'm more disappointed that the aft suites went from the cheapest suites to the most expensive on the new ship.

Okay, but there is nothing wrong with that. It's not like it's "daddy's money"

Everything I have I achieved on my own, well with my better half pushing me.

I think your response to these rude and irrelevant comments shows a maturity beyond your years. I enjoy your excitement about your upcoming Princess cruise. I wish I could get that excited about a cruise.

I think your response to these rude and irrelevant comments shows a maturity beyond your years. I enjoy your excitement about your upcoming Princess cruise. I wish I could get that excited about a cruise.

Thank you Billco appreciate it, but I get this excited about everything lol.

I never got past the age of 5 where everything is shiny, colorful and new.

No matter how bad a situation can be it would be worse if you take it seriously and allow it to turn your smile in to a frown. Btw I see that your a Leo (only the best sign in the world). :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by billco

Thank you Billco appreciate it, but I get this excited about everything lol.

I never got past the age of 5 where everything is shiny, colorful and new.

No matter how bad a situation can be it would be worse if you take it seriously and allow it to turn your smile in to a frown. Btw I see that your a Leo (only the best sign in the world).

Great attitude. Positive people live longer and in a much happier world. I understand exactly where you are coming from. When I left my position as a pre-school teacher (and ended up with 6th graders), I wondered where that zest and excitement for life went. Glad to see it alive and well in you.

Great attitude. Positive people live longer and in a much happier world. I understand exactly where you are coming from. When I left my position as a pre-school teacher (and ended up with 6th graders), I wondered where that zest and excitement for life went. Glad to see it alive and well in you.

Fifth grade kills it. I'm still resting up from all the homework I had in fifth grade . . .

BTW, I've had borscht on Princess ships before... usually at lunch. :)

I've heard people talking about that you can order things from your dinning room wait staff, that's not on the menu and they will make it happen - if you had borscht I am beginning to believe this to be true.

I had a friend order Escargot and he had it two days later.

On all other Princess ships Full Suite Guests receive complimentary use of the Lotus Spa thermal suite? But not on Royal Princess why is this, Considering the full-suites on the Royal Princess are more expensive then on other ships in the line - especially Aft owners suites. :cool:

Is there something else we are getting that they are not getting on other ships? Or are we just simply missing out. :(

What is the reasoning behind this? :confused:

As I answered your question on another thread, only 9 of the current 16 ships have a Thermal Suite. Those on the other 7 ships get no other perk. Also, the Enclave offers much more than the Thermal Suite and is not comparable. In essence, the Royal and the Regal will be like other ships that don't have a Thermal Suite.

You do get the use of the Concierge Lounge on the Royal. Only she and the Regal will have that feature.

"For the first time on a Princess ship, suite passengers can access an exclusive area to relax or work, with access to full front desk services, plus light snacks and beverages. Here, these passengers will have dedicated staff to assist with such things as shore excursions, specialty dining or Lotus Spa reservations. It will also be used as a private disembarkation lounge for suite passengers."

As I answered your question on another thread, only 9 of the current 16 ships have a Thermal Suite. Those on the other 7 ships get no other perk. Also, the Enclave offers much more than the Thermal Suite and is not comparable. In essence, the Royal and the Regal will be like other ships that don't have a Thermal Suite.

You do get the use of the Concierge Lounge on the Royal. Only she and the Regal will have that feature.

"For the first time on a Princess ship, suite passengers can access an exclusive area to relax or work, with access to full front desk services, plus light snacks and beverages. Here, these passengers will have dedicated staff to assist with such things as shore excursions, specialty dining or Lotus Spa reservations. It will also be used as a private disembarkation lounge for suite passengers."

Thank you, I started this thread before I posted in the other - and okay so they have some thing to replace it that's cool. Now when they say some where to work does that include computers w/ internet?

I've heard people talking about that you can order things from your dinning room wait staff, that's not on the menu and they will make it happen - if you had borscht I am beginning to believe this to be true.

I had a friend order Escargot and he had it two days later.

I can confirm that both items were on our TA dinner menu, on the Crown Princess, this past December.

I also requested a special linguine once that was made with red caviar, smoked salmon, and grey goose vodka. It was heavenly.:D

A

Sounds like a lot of nothing for a lot of money.

Now when they say some where to work does that include computers w/ internet?
There are so many details we don't know about yet as the only information is what's been published or is in photos. I'm just guessing here but I think it might include workstations with access to the Internet. Or, it could be like a reading room with comfortable chairs/desks at which to use your laptop/netbook/iPad. Internet is accessible anywhere on the ship. (All Princess ships have had ship-wide WiFi for years.) You don't need workstations to access the Internet. We'll know a lot more in about a month.

Archived