Penthouse amenities question

alexandra cruiser

will be on Regatta in Sept.and wonder;

Does anyone have breakfast(room service menu)? Got cabin for that reason/ HOT breakfast,among other things.of course.

Is there a magnifying make up mirror in cabin?

Anyone know if shuttle services available in cities,like Montreal,Quebec,on Colors,coast cruise?

Thanks in advance for any help.:)

Yes, you can have a hot breakfast in the a.m. Each night there will be an order form on your bed to fill out for breakfast room service.

There is a magnifying mirror under the dressing table lid. I bring my own, anyway.

Don't know about the shuttles.

Have a great trip.

Anyone know if shuttle services available in cities,like Montreal,Quebec,on Colors,coast cruise?

Check the Ports of call Canada forum but I think the port is within walking distance of the old town in both cities

It has been a few years since we were there so my memory may be faulty

As to breakfast you are not limited to the in room menu. If there is something else you want, just ask the butler. On our last cruise we had French toast and pancakes even though they are not on the "official" menu.

As long as it is available on the ship I believe you can order it.

Breakfast in the room was the highlight of the butler experience for us.

Be sure and order the fruit plate, always excellent.

Several of my colleagues beat me to the punch, however:

Does anyone have breakfast(room service menu)?

I've never seen a printed "In Suite Breakfast Menu" on the smaller ships. You'll find several of those "check off the item" door tags in the desk drawer of your Suite, and if you need more inspiration than that, your Butler will get you the Breakfast Menu from the Grand Dining Room.

I don't believe so.

Anyone know if shuttle services available in cities,like Montreal,Quebec

I'd be interested to hear the answer to this, as we are visiting those Ports on the Marina, next May :D

I'd be interested to hear the answer to this, as we are visiting those Ports on the Marina, next May :D

In QC there is also the ECO Bus which stops near the port & cost around a loonie or toonie & takes you around the city centre

Lyn

On our last cruise there was a "hang on the door" breakfast menu which covered most situations. It may be the same as Concierge level.

Our butler just told us to write on it any special requests and he would get them.

It worked well and our breakfast was always hot and on time.

You don't need a shuttle bus in Montreal for sure, since you'll be docked right in Old Montreal, a particularly nice tourist area.

Ditto for Quebec City ( at least for Regatta - not sure if Marina docks in the same place).

Just off Marina in Concierge -- there was a free standing magnifying mirror on the desk. :D

In Penthouse on Marina and Riviera the magnifyiing mirror is attached to the mirror in the lid of the dressing table (as doubledobles said), but as it was fixed in place it was not very useful. :(

Several of my colleagues beat me to the punch, however:

I've never seen a printed "In Suite Breakfast Menu" on the smaller ships. You'll find several of those "check off the item" door tags in the desk drawer of your Suite, and if you need more inspiration than that, your Butler will get you the Breakfast Menu from the Grand Dining Room.

I don't believe so.

The port in Qc is in the Lower part of the Old City, walkable to the sites. The port in Mtl in quite literally in the Old City. We get a few cruise ships and usually the smaller ones. For your particular cruise , I believe Qc is the port of call. It is hilly

from the port to the Upper City (where most sites are) note that there is an 'elevator' type lift that connects the upper & lower city. It is a 6 hr. return trip to Mtl, so a visit could not be possible .

As to breakfast you are not limited to the in room menu. If there is something else you want, just ask the butler. On our last cruise we had French toast and pancakes even though they are not on the "official" menu.

As long as it is available on the ship I believe you can order it.

Breakfast in the room was the highlight of the butler experience for us.

Be sure and order the fruit plate, always excellent.

I feel the same way and ALWAYS have breakfast in my PH..either on the balcony (hopefully) or on the table in front of the couch..highlight of my trips!!

Jancruz1

just got of Royal Caribbean for 3 day cruise and was AWFUL,first and last mass market cruise.

In Jr. suite had breakfast choices ONLY available on card, same eggs(scrambled)everyday,no options for HOT items.

Plus, bathroom smelled and backed up whole time.No room to change and no compensation.AVOID.

No make up mirror,only one in bathroom and that was a mess as said.

So REALLY looking forward to Oceania now.:)

will be on Regatta in Sept.and wonder;

Does anyone have breakfast(room service menu)? Got cabin for that reason/ HOT breakfast,among other things.of course.

Sorry, I made an error, on the Regatta there is no make up mirror. I was thinking of the Riviera or the Marina's PH suite, which contains one. On the smaller ships, you have to bring your own.

and ECO bus is,also a loonie ,toonie.Must be some Canadian term?:confused:

Eco bus is an electic bus that tours around old Quebec City

http://www.rtcquebec.ca/%C3%89colobus/tabid/151/language/fr-FR/Default.aspx

You will have to use Google translate to convert to English

Loonie = $1 coin

http://www.coin-database.com/img/canada/loonie/1992b-v.jpg

Toonie = $2 coin

Toonie_-_front.png

I'm on the Regatta right now.

The magnifying mirror is not in the bathroom, but is attached to the wall above the desk, next to the desk mirror and nightlght, below one of the wall sconces. It's on a swing-out arm so you can move it towards you when you are seated at the desk.

Housekeeping leaves the mirror facing the wall, so you might not recognize it at first glance.

I'm on the Regatta right now.

The magnifying mirror is not in the bathroom, but is attached to the wall above the desk, next to the desk mirror and nightlght, below one of the wall sconces. It's on a swing-out arm so you can move it towards you when you are seated at the desk.

Housekeeping leaves the mirror facing the wall, so you might not recognize it at first glance.

Is the reading light above bed good enough?Many are so dim I need to bring book lite attachment.

I assume the library is similar to Insignia,but do they have plenty of non fiction,newer books too?

Any little details about ship,cabin,etc.appreciated.Like to know everything so NO SURPRISES.;)

Is the reading light above bed good enough?Many are so dim I need to bring book lite attachment.

I assume the library is similar to Insignia,but do they have plenty of non fiction,newer books too?

Any little details about ship,cabin,etc.appreciated.Like to know everything so NO SURPRISES.;)

A small bright reading light is attached to each sconce above the bed. This photo shows an inside cabin, not a PH, but you can see the bendable reading lights attached to the bottoms of the wall sconces more clearly.

Oceania_rClass_Inside_980pix.jpg

Someone else will have to answer your question about the library... I don't read when I'm on a cruise!

the libaries on all the ships have the best and largest variety of books I have seen on any cruise line. The libraries on the "R" ships are famed for their English Country Manor style and comfort; the reviews of the "O" class libraries (Marina and Riviera) are more mixed. Many have stated they are not comfortable or don't like them, but I've never been in an "O" class library without all of the easy chairs filled with comfortable looking guests, many of them fast asleep :).

One tip -- according to my Betsy, who is a Patterson fan, as are many of the other guests -- get to the library early if you want a Patterson.

We bring loaded E-books (Nooks) from home, but get a "real" book from the library in order to place it on our tables in Waves or the Terrace to "hold" our table while getting our food. We do NOT use them to hold pool lounge chairs...:mad:.

Archived