Invited to a Celebrity Champagne Lunch

Gardyloo2

On another thread I mentioned that Celebrity has been advertising heavily in our area recently. Our BART commuter trains carry Celebrity ads in the cars. We haven't seen this volume of advertsing for any other lines, although sometimes we'll see a Princess ad here and there.

Even in our small town of 11,000 people, Celebrity took out a half page color ad in last week's edition of our 18 page local newspaper. No TA was mentioned at the bottom, just Celebrity phone numbers and website info.

So last week I received an e-mail inviting me as a past passenger to a champagne luncheon at a very nice hotel (the one we blocked sleeping rooms for our daughter's wedding 4 weeks ago), and to bring a friend who hadn't cruised Celebrity before. They wrote that seating was limited to 75 so I immediately replied. Luckily both my buddy and I got in. :D

They said they'll be talking about future cruises, asking our opinion and giving away door prizes. Sounds like fun! I'm really hoping they'll tell us that Celebrity will be homeporting a ship at the new cruise ship terminal in San Francisco in the near future. Sailing through the Golden Gate is a very cool experience.

It'll also be interesting to see the demographic of the people there. It does make me wonder how targeted the e-mails were ( I suspect they don't invite any of their known "complainers")

Has anyone been invited or gone to one of these before? What was it like? Was it a big sales pitch?

My friends who live in South Florida do this all the time, on almost every line. They even won a 7 day cruise on HAL, and a two day cruise to nowhere on Sea Dream. Yes, it's a sales pitch, but a lot nicer than those pushy timeshare things.

Wonder what happened to my invitation? :confused:

I'm also in the SF Bay area and am definitely not a known complainer (quite the opposite, in fact). Please report in after the luncheon.

Betsy

Wonder what happened to my invitation? :confused:

I'm also in the SF Bay area and am definitely not a known complainer (quite the opposite, in fact). Please report in after the luncheon.

Betsy

You should write or call Celebrity and complain. :D

We've been to one before, and got the invitation from our TA, but it was a Celebrity event. I think we ended up with a small coupon book as a gift, similar to what they used to give Elites. The focus of the pitch was that the Mercury was going to be in Australia/ New Zealand, so that gives a sense of when this was...I think it was at the W in SF.

Guess I don't matter any more, but if you post the hotel, maybe I can "crash!":D

Andrew

Archived