Photos with the Captain

Hi all,

Looking back at the Cruise Compasses from our last and only cruise, I've seen that there was a 'Photos With The Captain' event on the evening of Day 2. I think we missed it because we were dining at the time. I have a few questions about the event: Does this event happen on every sailing? I imagine there will be quite a queue? Does everyone get the chance or could we be disappointed? I ask mainly because it will be my son's 11th birthday on day 2 of our cruise and I think he would be thrilled to have his picture taken with the Captain.:)

Only sailed on 1 cruise before,and we had our picture taken with the captain.

As far as i am aware, it is part of the Welcome aboard party on the 2nd night.

There was a line, but it moved very quickly.

We've been on 15 cruises 11 of them on Royal Caribbean and have had the opportunity to have our photos taken with the Captain each time. Some cruises we took advantage of it and others we didn't. But each cruise does give everyone the chance to have this done. And the line does go fast.

And just so you know the photos are for sale. Just one of our cruises the Captain allowed people to use their own cameras so they wouldn't have to pay of the photograph. He just had us hand over our cameras to one of the ship's photographers. If I remember this was on the Voyager of the Seas.

Yup, on just about every RCI cruise we've taken. We've had others take our camera and snap a photo but the photograph will take one and then for sale. If you get down there early, there isn't a long queue.

Hi all,

Looking back at the Cruise Compasses from our last and only cruise, I've seen that there was a 'Photos With The Captain' event on the evening of Day 2. I think we missed it because we were dining at the time. I have a few questions about the event: Does this event happen on every sailing? I imagine there will be quite a queue? Does everyone get the chance or could we be disappointed? I ask mainly because it will be my son's 11th birthday on day 2 of our cruise and I think he would be thrilled to have his picture taken with the Captain.:)

This event normally happens between the early and late traditional dining times on the first formal night. For example, if early is 6pm and late is 8:30pm, then the Captain's reception will normally be around 7:30pm.

First formal night. But don't dilly-dally getting in line. There was one sailing I recall being on that they had to apologize to some folks as he had to get moving to give his little speech.

I've seen the photos done in the promenade, on the way into the lounge where a welcome back reception was going on (crown and anchor), and in the centrum on the stairs (Grandeur).

Judy

Do they still do this even on the Allure/Oasis? I imagine with so many more passengers, it might be difficult for everyone to get through the line in a short amount of time, before the Captain's speech.

Hi all,

It was the Captain's night. We just happen to be in the area and got in line, took the picture. It took about 10 or 15 minutes. The session was featured in the video that they sell. Just show up, get a glass of champagne and take a picture.

That sounds like fun. We could not sail on my son's birthday, but we are sailing close to it, so he may get a kick at having his pic taken with the captain... I will definitely have to make sure we get their early for that.

We had our picture taken with Kung Fu Panda!

I'm not sure if my son wouldn't prefer that! Easy decision though as no Dreamworks on Indy.

Thanks to all for the replies :D

And just so you know the photos are for sale. Just one of our cruises the Captain allowed people to use their own cameras so they wouldn't have to pay of the photograph. He just had us hand over our cameras to one of the ship's photographers. If I remember this was on the Voyager of the Seas.

RC is the only cruise line the I have been on that does not allow you use your own camera to take photos.

They try to sell you the $20 photo...

Hi all,

It happened on every cruise that I have been on. The line is way shorter than the buffet line:D As far as I know everyone gets a chance. Sometimes there are two such events. Good luck.

Archived