Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Anthemblockbeenmovedasseenfrombelow_zps8dcd730a.jpg

I'm not so sure that's the smoke stack fittings.

If you look to the left of the photo you see how it widens out and there is an opening. That opening would be the aft stairwell.

Depending on how that block is positioned it could be the front of the aft hump or the back. I'm inclined to believe that it is the front of the aft hump as there is not much of the hump exposed before you get to the opening.

That would put those 4 units directly below the H2O zone.

I think that they are pumps for the H2O zone. You can see smaller diameter pipes attached to them and other piping in that area as well.

Very interesting whatever it is.

I remember those parts from the Quantum of the Seas in earlier photos that Lloyd posted. Maybe something like that elevator section too, it turns out.

BTW, in the new Anthem of the Seas photo there are 'enclosed' elevator shat sections as well, bordering the edges of the large opening of the 'glass' elevators.

quan21091316.jpg

quan21091320.jpg

quan21091324.jpg

Edited by Tough as Leather

Hello ladies and gents. I've spent the last few days catching up on your 92 pages of adventures and now I'm finally up to date! Glad to be here with you all and can't wait to see what happens next!

I had been following the Quantum's progress on and off for awhile, but when I heard they were sending her off to China after only one season a few friends and I decided it was time to act! We're now booked on the 3/21 sailing. Deck 7, category-D8 balcony room on the trailing edge of the main hump. Sure NYC will have Anthem in 2015/16 but how many chances will I have in my life to sail on the flagship of a groundbreaking new class of ship in her inaugural season? :cool: That was my thought process when I heard the China news, but it has been interesting to read this thread and hear all of your thoughts and how they differed from mine.

Any idea why RCI has STILL not updated the Quantum deck plans on their website, even though Anthem's are more complete? The idea that they were already making mods to prep for the Far East customer base made me very nervous, but I have a hard time believing they would make those changes before rolling the ship (and, really, the class) out to the Western market and its media/travel agents. That doesn't seem like a very wise way to introduce the bulk of your cruising customers to the Quantum Experience.

I remember those parts from the Quantum of the Seas in earlier photos that Lloyd posted. Maybe something like that elevator section too, it turns out.

BTW, in the new Anthem of the Seas photo there are 'enclosed' elevator shat sections as well, bordering the edges of the large opening of the 'glass' elevators.

quan21091316.jpg

quan21091320.jpg

quan21091324.jpg

Thanks. Missed those earlier photos.

He's no co-worker André of Lloyd's, but my step-son was intrigued enough by the block to try and figure where it went. So I’m posting about it again (sorry!)

He figures that the block fits in the red square shown below in our André-like diagram. :D

Thanks. Missed those earlier photos.

It is a confusing block...

So this does appear to be upper decks, with the straight edge of deck 14(?) showing at the top of the block. The slightly confusing part is that the stretched octagonal shape around the smoke stacks is only on deck 14 in the deck plans , but looks like it’s on whatever deck that is - 12 or 13?… unless we’re just seeing the ceiling of deck 14 and outside walls of lower decks (with no floors in between?) OR they didn’t stick to the plans. :rolleyes:

And that is how I spent 40 minutes of my Saturday with my step-son. It was either this or jumping around with a bum knee with Kinects Sports on the Xbox One. :D

Areaoffloatingblock2_zps0a123623.jpg

Need a cruise AND a life! :)

He's no co-worker André of Lloyd's, but my step-son was intrigued enough by the block to try and figure where it went. So I’m posting about it again (sorry!)

He figures that the block fits in the red square shown below in our André-like diagram. :D

So this does appear to be upper decks, with the straight edge of deck 14(?) showing at the top of the block. The slightly confusing part is that the stretched octagonal shape around the smoke stacks is only on deck 14 in the deck plans , but looks like it’s on whatever deck that is - 12 or 13?… unless we’re just seeing the ceiling of deck 14 and outside walls of lower decks (with no floors in between?) OR they didn’t stick to the plans. :rolleyes:

And that is how I spent 40 minutes of my Saturday with my step-son. It was either this or jumping around with a bum knee with Kinects Sports on the Xbox One. :D

Love it! You even colour coded the edge of the hump edges on the block to show where it would be on the deck plan (although technically that specific edge would be on the other side of the ship). Anyhoooow, André would have never thought of that! Niiice.

Good catch with the octagonal shaped walls around the smoke stacks...whatever deck their on!!

Looks good to me, location-wise.

Now if only we could get to see this block on an updated image of the Anthem of the Seas’ build, huh!?

Edited by Lloyd555

Any idea why RCI has STILL not updated the Quantum deck plans on their website, even though Anthem's are more complete? The idea that they were already making mods to prep for the Far East customer base made me very nervous, but I have a hard time believing they would make those changes before rolling the ship (and, really, the class) out to the Western market and its media/travel agents. That doesn't seem like a very wise way to introduce the bulk of your cruising customers to the Quantum Experience.

What changes might they make to a ship before sending it to China?

Thanks for doing the color coding, really makes it clear where things go.

BTW, glad to see I'm not the only one playing Kinect Sports Rivals (though I may be the only one that preordered when it was announced in June and never canceled).

Today's webcam image:

2014_05_05_W466.png

and some photos from the weekend...

SignoutsideMWMay3_zps18668178.jpg

May42014_zpsd51304d6.jpg

May42014_3_zpsf3b1c071.jpg

Photos by tourists, including bottom one by Christian-Frank Werler.

Would it have keeled them to pan over to the Anthem of the Seas for a few shots?! ;)

Edited by Lloyd555

Thank you, great pictures.

At Thursday this week i will see the both ladies with my own eyes. Im on vacation in the north and will stay a night in Papenburg and i booked the visitor tour. I hope, i can take some pictures of them.

Steff - Lucky you! Hope you have a good time in Papenburg! Please give the Anthem of the Seas (and her sections on deck) the attention she deserves. It can't be her beautiful sister Quantum that gets all the attention! ;). Thanking you in advance!

[The fact that I will be sailing on the Anthem of the Seas has nothing to do with me making that request. ;) ]

Sent from Lloyd's mobile phone

Edited by Lloyd555

Thank you, great pictures.

At Thursday this week i will see the both ladies with my own eyes. Im on vacation in the north and will stay a night in Papenburg and i booked the visitor tour. I hope, i can take some pictures of them.

That sounds great! Enjoy every second of that tour. Photos will be appreciated, but most importantly, you will have the memory of seeing these beautiful ships in person! I'm sure even the best photos do not do them justice.

Eric

Sonne heads down the Ems on May 10th. I'm guessing that the other webcam will be used in Hall 6 after that. Are you ready for your close-up on May 12th, Anthem?!

Lucky person. Thanks again for the great shots Lloyd!

Eric

I believe that the lucky visitor is Joyce Arbucias who is in the entertainment industry. She has been involved in live show productions and video installations for corporations and Disney Line, as well as Royal Caribbean.

Lloyd, are you having Anthem of the Seas withdrawal? Like you said, visitors aren't paying much attention to her. :p

Edited by Cutesy Pie Lover

I guess that when the door was open, this VERY fortunate visitor/tourist got to actually go inside hall 6! ;)

Instagramjoycearbucias_zpsa3b64d97.jpg

Anybody know what the big sheet/tarp-looking thing covering part of her hull is? You can see it in all the pics Lloyd posted today plus this week's webcam image. Looks like maybe they are painting her hull below the water line?

Anybody know what the big sheet/tarp-looking thing covering part of her hull is? You can see it in all the pics Lloyd posted today plus this week's webcam image. Looks like maybe they are painting her hull below the water line?

I was wondering that myself but when I really think about it, I couldn't imagine they would need that for anything other than painting. Hope the painting continues upward soon! :D

I believe that the lucky visitor is Joyce Arbucias who is in the entertainment industry. She has been involved in live show productions and video installations for corporations and Disney Line, as well as Royal Caribbean.

Lloyd, are you having Anthem of the Seas withdrawal? Like you said, visitors aren't paying much attention to her. :p

Withdrawal?! Naaaa. It’s not like I need to see the Anthem in every photo now!

I can function without it. Really. I can.

Anthemwithdrawal_zpsde141f1c.jpg

Help from to Despicable Me drawing & Facebook Bitstrips. The ship illustration is courtesy an Antony di Palma pc drawing done with MS Paint

Withdrawal?! Naaaa. It’s not like I need to see the Anthem in every photo now!

I can function without it. Really. I can.

Anthemwithdrawal_zpsde141f1c.jpg

Help from Despicable Me drawing & Facebook Bitstrips. The ship illustration is courtesy an Antony di Palma pc drawing done with MS Paint

How many other threads have their own cartoon! You're a nut! LOL! Loving the North Star.

Good PC drawing by that Di Palma person.

P.S. I fixed your note at bottom :rolleyes:

Hi everybody i've been watching this board since about last October and i would like to thank everybody for their valuable information and pic's especially Lloyd . I'm going on the Quantum in November and i'm ticking off the days one by one. I think the sheets around the quantum are so they can paint the hull because if you look all the joints have been sanded down flat ready. Phil

They usually put a temporary 'tent' over the area that they are painting to keep dust and dirt off the fresh paint. There are a few pics floating around of some MW ship painters under a white tarp.

Edited by Lloyd555