Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Withdrawal?! Naaaa. It’s not like I need to see the Anthem in every photo now!

I can function without it. Really. I can.

Anthemwithdrawal_zpsde141f1c.jpg

Help from to Despicable Me drawing & Facebook Bitstrips. The ship illustration is courtesy an Antony di Palma pc drawing done with MS Paint

We need more than a "LIKE" button for that post! Love it!!!

The North Star rendition is hilarious!!!

LMAO :D

Eric

Edited by Pomperaugrr

Withdrawal?! Naaaa. It’s not like I need to see the Anthem in every photo now!

I can function without it. Really. I can.

Anthemwithdrawal_zpsde141f1c.jpg

Help from to Despicable Me drawing & Facebook Bitstrips. The ship illustration is courtesy an Antony di Palma pc drawing done with MS Paint

You are the bomb Lloyd!! I'm surprised however that you didn't put the Death Star for the North Star seeing it was Star Wars Sunday and everyone was posting, May the 4th be with you on FB. I love seeing your pics and one of these days, if we ever cruise together, I WILL bring you a Minion cake!! Looking at going on Allure in 2016. Hint hint.

14127230001_2a68a53f67.jpg

P1040567 von steff79hn auf Flickr

I was earlier than i thought in Papenburg. The weather was bad so i booked a visitor tour today, too. It was great. Some pics I uploaded you find in the link ( don´t know where to upload them, hope you can see them. The Internet is slow here, only pics of the two vessesls ):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/steff79/sets/72157644148883559/with/13943768958/1412723000114127230001

I was earlier than i thought in Papenburg. The weather was bad so i booked a visitor tour today, too. It was great. Some pics I uploaded you find in the link ( don´t know where to upload them, hope you can see them. The Internet is slow here, only pics of the two vessesls ):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/steff79/sets/72157644148883559/with/13943768958/1412723000114127230001

Just looked through your photos! They're great! Thank you for sharing.

And so many of Anthem of the Seas! :D

Edited by Lloyd555

Fantastic pictures Stef! Thank you! or should I say danke schön!

Between you and Lloyd, you are doing a marvelous job making up for RCI's spotty coverage of these newbuilds! Checking this thread has become the highlight of my day.

Edited by CapitalKyle

Thank you, Steff78!! Just looked through the gallery. I wonder how much they can actually do because it seems like a lot has been done and we still have over 80 days until Quantum gives up her space!

Did you notice the sliding glass doors on the balconies? On all the other ships, there has only been one division and you slid half the door to open it. It appears as though there are 3 pieces of vertical glass on the door - not 2. It doesn't look like the door is divided into 2, but into 3 and the middle part moves to open or close. Is this a new door style - I don't remember seeing any like this before??

Thank you, Steff78!! Just looked through the gallery. I wonder how much they can actually do because it seems like a lot has been done and we still have over 80 days until Quantum gives up her space!

At the end of the month they'll move this Anthem build out and start a second one apparently. When Quantum leaves on August 3, they'll bring the two sections together at the front of the hall and continue the build.

At the end of the month they'll move this Anthem build out and start a second one apparently. When Quantum leaves on August 3, they'll bring the two sections together at the front of the hall and continue the build.

Oh okay, that makes sense! Strange but still cool! :p

I went back to check my pics form Explorer and Voyager. They had only 2 panes of glass - when I went to check our Allure pics - there were 3 panes of glass on sliding glass door like Quantum. I didn't even notice that when sailing Allure - just picked it out on pics on this thread.

I went back to check my pics form Explorer and Voyager. They had only 2 panes of glass - when I went to check our Allure pics - there were 3 panes of glass on sliding glass door like Quantum. I didn't even notice that when sailing Allure - just picked it out on pics on this thread.

Its funny you should mention that Treacher. I had a pause when I saw that too. Thing is, I just got off Oasis in April and I still thought it looked peculiar! :rolleyes: shows how much attention I was paying :o

I didn't realise how near this section of the Anthem build was to the Two70 and stern. I wonder if they'll attach the Two70 blocks before floating her out?

BIG EDIT!: Scratch that! I just saw that there was no room left in the basin for Anthem to extend horizontally. My bad.

And apparently, I wasn't the only person who noticed that silver colored wall that seemed so close to the balcony door holes in the photos. I was thinking - where are the interior cabins, if any? Apparently it's the wall highlight in red in the image. Thx Lloyd.

PartoftheQuantumdeckplanthatwereseeinginMay72014photo_zps973818a4.jpg

SteffMay72014MWphoto4_Anthem_zpsd22682a5.jpg

Photo taken by Steff Deul.

And thanks to Lloyd for the deckplan image above. Snatched it from his FB page. YOINK!

Edited by Tough as Leather

Lloyd and Stef79,

Thanks for the pictures today. The cartoon one was very funny , especially the Northstar disco ball. :D I think I saw my Anthem cabin (or rather where it will be) on Stef's flickr. I booked one of the Studio balcony cabins. Right above my Quantum one. So 2 cruises same view. :cool:

Denise

Steff - Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

And apparently, I wasn't the only person who noticed that silver colored wall that seemed so close to the balcony door holes in the photos. I was thinking - where are the interior cabins, if any? Apparently it's the wall highlight in red in the image.

The Silver stuff is an Insulation / Firestop / Noise product used throughout the ship.

In my new house I am going to use something similar to isolate roof space area's to slow a fire down .

Surely all the cabins are pushed in further down the river when she / he / it is moved from Papenburg ??

The Silver stuff is an Insulation / Firestop / Noise product used throughout the ship.

In my new house I am going to use something similar to isolate roof space area's to slow a fire down .

Surely all the cabins are pushed in further down the river when she / he / it is moved from Papenburg ??

The silver stuff you are right. They build the cabins in a box at a factory near Meyer ( 800 meters ) . Then they put the complete box in the ship. They said, the cabins with the doors ( you can see at the pics ) are ready.

Here a box with a cabin from a NCL ship:

13949172839_eab58824e4.jpg

P1040582 von steff79hn auf Flickr

Edited by Steff79

I didn't realise how near this section of the Anthem build was to the Two70 and stern. I wonder if they'll attach the Two70 blocks before floating her out?

BIG EDIT!: Scratch that! I just saw that there was no room left in the basin for Anthem to extend horizontally. My bad.

And apparently, I wasn't the only person who noticed that silver colored wall that seemed so close to the balcony door holes in the photos. I was thinking - where are the interior cabins, if any? Apparently it's the wall highlight in red in the image. Thx Lloyd.

PartoftheQuantumdeckplanthatwereseeinginMay72014photo_zps973818a4.jpg

Photo taken by Steff Deul.

And thanks to Lloyd for the deckplan image above. Snatched it from his FB page. YOINK!

Borrow whenever you need to TasL! :D

The silver stuff you are right. They build the cabins in a box at a factory near Meyer ( 800 meters ) . Then they put the complete box in the ship. They said, the cabins with the doors ( you can see at the pics ) are ready.

Here a box with a cabin from a NCL ship:

13949172839_eab58824e4.jpg

P1040582 von steff79hn auf Flickr

That cabin factory is

EMS Precab: http://www.emsprecab.de/de/home/index.jsp

And it looks like I missed a photo that went with those photos in the ‘And the Anthem of the Seas dry spell continues...’ posting.

Sitting on the dock appears to be the staircase up to the North Star ride.

May7instagram_zps615b07da.jpg

Government Mulls Liaison With German Shipbuilder For STX Dockyard

The Finnish government and a German cruise ship builder are said to be in talks to jointly purchase the floundering STX shipyard in Turku, southwest Finland from its South Korean owners.

http://yle.fi/uutiset/government_mulls_liaison_with_german_shipbuilder_for_stx_dockyard/7229261

Can you guess who that German cruise ship builder is?

Edited by Lloyd555

Three things to get off my to-do list before I go to bed…

ONE

A visitor that I am acquainted with, Fränky Arensmann, took some photos today. Of course not a lot of significant changes since the last batch from Steff, but you know what it’s like at Meyer Werft. Things are always happening!

Some of these Anthem of the Seas blocks were smaller/shorter in Steff’s photos. Shows how fast and efficiently the employees work.

FrankyMay82014MWphoto12QuantumampAnthemblock_zps3a6fe054.jpg

FrankyMay82014MWphoto1QuantumampAnthemblock_zps1cbf3b76.jpg

FrankyMay82014MWphoto18QuantumampAnthemblock_zpsd7469fce.jpg

FrankyMay82014MWphoto15Anthemampblock_zps562b3386.jpg

FrankyMay82014MWphoto16Anthemampblock_zpsa6e9b0ef.jpg

(con't)

Edited by Lloyd555

(con't)

FrankyMay82014MWphoto9Anthemampblock_zps9d8e2d43.jpg

Must be painting this block. There’s that white plastic wrap/tarp discussed in another post.

FrankyMay82014MWphoto14Anthemampblock_zpsebdd72bf.jpg

Again to show how things are always changing in the halls at Meyer Werft, a new block joins the others in Hall 5. Not an exciting block, mind you.

FrankyMay82014MWphoto13Hall5Anthemblocks_zps20ecca33.jpg

Looking forward to the Quantum-class ships floating through this door.

FrankyMay82014MWphoto0Hall6door_zps4b2dd192.jpg

TWO

This was tweeted today by Royal Caribbean PR…

may9milestone_zpse9db321f.jpg

Oasis 3’s keel being laid?

The first skydiving simulator onboard a cruise ship is completed!?

The 100th person thinks they have spotted their cabin on the Quantum of the Seas build?

THREE

Tina (tls1012), when you said a Minion cake, you meant a Minion ON a cake, not IN one, right?!?

TheGrandecakescene_crosseyed_zps88020237.jpg