Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Yeah, I believe you have the primary system that operates off of the ship. There is then a secondary generator to power a backup system in case the first fails or the ship loses power. Then there is a manual way of getting the pod back, no idea how much work is involved in that, but I'd imagine a lot of people cranking quickly.

Uhm maybe a really big allan wrench? You know like the o e I use for my IKEA furniture. 😀

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Great photos you're sharing Lloyd!

Don't take this the wrong way please...but seeing those photos did prompt a question from Mrs. Cruisefan:

If you're in the North Star pod unit...hanging out the side of the ship...and suddenly the crane assembly stops working - how the heck do they get you "out"? :eek:

Having seen several people stuck on amusement rides for hours...she had to ask. The answer should be interesting. :)

More importantly how are they getting the food and drinks out to you while you wait to be rescued.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

The North Star in a (new?) website animation of the Quantum seems to be a good depiction of the real thing, even size-wise.

Quantum animation: http://quantumoftheseas.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/?icid=qn_ntn_tctclp_qnn_hm_cntntr_6367

bf9daa13ded95ecd66c5206d3888f3da.jpg

It also shows the seating inside. They originally showed it as a series of evenly spaced bar stools. Now it looks like a series of benches around the outside. They also appear to be allowing walking around which it sounded like wasn't supposed to be allowed (likely due to weight balance).

Edited by DEIx15x8

Here is a comparisons :D

go to 1 minute 20 seconds into the video and pause..

then look at this picture from their website

h2ozone.jpg

then go to

at 1 minute 58 seconds and pause it

northstar-bg.jpg

all the other stuff from those 2 videos

compare too the advertised page

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/quantum-experiences/

also i THINK i found the QoTS in a web cam

http://www.wsa-bremerhaven.de/service/Webcams/webcam.php.html?webcam_id=0

its a little hard to see - but its right in the distance

http://i.**********/QwKW7Dj.jpg

for some reason it wont let me post the location of where i think the ship is -

reverse the word below and put it where the stars are

moc.rugmi

http://i.**********/QwKW7Dj.jpg

i based this off the MarineTraffic.com location and the view cam in the distance - am i right or wrong?

Edited by QuantumCruiserAu

The one thing I noticed was at night when they the top deck all lit up, it washes the "seas" out. I think they should have put dark glass behind that as well

They originally had it set on a metal sphere similar to all the other ships. For some reason they didn't do that. IMO it looked better on the concept art with the backing, much more noticeable and it wouldn't be washed out at night. I'm guessing they didn't like how it covered the windows and blocked the view though.

They originally had it set on a metal sphere similar to all the other ships. For some reason they didn't do that. IMO it looked better on the concept art with the backing, much more noticeable and it wouldn't be washed out at night. I'm guessing they didn't like how it covered the windows and blocked the view though.

It may have looked better from the outside, but when you're inside, don't you think that you'll appreciate the view that you would be missing otherwise?

The North Star without plastic wrap.

9436f0f1082fe8fea254eda502ce46a7.jpg

b460020f257d9ba8ced551cddb08b594.jpg

It looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Edit: With the install of the North Star now complete, I think it represents the last of the major parts of the outside decks to be installed? The Rock Climbing Wall though installed needs to be painted if they follow the renderings.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

It looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Edit: With the install of the North Star now complete, I think it represents the last of the major parts of the outside decks to be installed? The Rock Climbing Wall though installed needs to be painted if they follow the renderings.

I'm starting to doubt they will pain it. Everything else that's getting painted seems to be already. I think if they paint the rock wall it may look overly cluttered in that area with the blue iFly on one side and the pink bear on the other. The current color doesn't look to bad.

I'm starting to doubt they will pain it. Everything else that's getting painted seems to be already. I think if they paint the rock wall it may look overly cluttered in that area with the blue iFly on one side and the pink bear on the other. The current color doesn't look to bad.

You make a good point. There is already a lot of color in that back area and the pink bear may not be as "visible" from a distance.

I finally went to see her in Bremerhaven. Still a lot of work needs to be done before the first of you will go onboard.

5b004c67e799e7304fe0da36c08ede5d.jpg

The North Star makes Quantum of the Seas look even better.

734b5039552509d16bda935dc3d3683e.jpg

21b32908bfd23d38af1288860ead9a88.jpg

No climbing yet...

2f206e96f1ed35b27c0df439d8853c49.jpg

But the balconies get cleaned after some hard sea trials. fa0e8d908faf2970e6976d7811c6b7f0.jpg

This is a life boat and people for scale.

5d40b2d6c1c30ab36ff55ed114f2f129.jpg