Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Remember the indoor pool has a retractable roof

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't think it does. I think its more like the "S" class with Celebrity where the panes open up to let the air in but I don't think its retractable. :o

Is this going to be a permanent move for the outdoor movie screen?

Original location (by the H2O Zone)

Very odd. I'm guessing temporary. Perhaps the area had to be better waterproofed and rewired underneath which might explain the move. That screen provides a necessary separation between the kids H20 area and the main outdoor pool. I would really be surprised if the move was permanent.

It was said many times that it has a retractable roof. It also says it on the website.

If you look at the tracks along the ceiling window panel edges, it's clear that they do retract (and toward the center).

If you look at the tracks along the ceiling window panel edges, it's clear that they do retract (and toward the center).

Correct. It does retract all the way into the "spine" of the structure below Northstar. I saw it on one of the many links/videos posted earlier open all the way.

Correct. It does retract all the way into the "spine" of the structure below Northstar. I saw it on one of the many links/videos posted earlier open all the way.

Yea, if you look at this picture you can see how it retracts quite clearly (thankfully!). I thought it was a great annoyance on the Solstice class that the roof didn't :/

ImageUploadedByForums1412963708.594066.jpg.dba0f3b981042a31596c334cb27f9a17.jpg

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Why is this an improvement in safety? The reason for doing this is just to be able to squeeze in more balconies. Lifebosts still have to be lowered to promenade level in case they are needed.

d9ca31f15ca09eca4a6caebfe80b1084.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

d9ca31f15ca09eca4a6caebfe80b1084.jpg

As far as the safety goes, they are significantly safer. It wasn't the time to lower that was a problem, it was them being hung out and then lowered on lines to the deck level. When the Costa Concordia sunk the ship listed and all the lifeboats on one side of the ship were hanging out too far from the deck, while the other side were banging off the deck and tipping when trying to lower any farther. The new design has them attached right at the davit so that they simply swing into position rather than swinging out and then lowering so there should never be a problem of the boat losing contact with the boarding area, just the boat scrapping the ship on the way down.

The same thing will happen with these lifeboats if she leans too much. The only thing that works is when there a problem sound the alarm system and don't wait.If the captain didn't wait and he sound the alarm system too go to the muster station on the costa concordia the ships life boats would have work on both sides. Time is money.

Back from Europe. Missed a lot of construction photos & updates.

Glad to be able to share one too, thank you.

The SeaPlex floor is looking very nice, no?

Did we not see this look in the royal Caribbean video a long time ago with bumper cars in it???

9fd0e8fc0216e9e18141a2b465306b4f.jpg

Yup. We saw a similar floor in the video

I wonder if they have painted any lines or the RCI icon over this great looking floor to somewhat match the SeaPlex rendering?

paul-motter-albums-quantum-seas-renderings-picture5516-seaplex-rollerskating.jpg

Or would they cover the colourful floor with a temporary floating floor for other uses, such ad basketball games?

Edited by Lloyd555

3975c23e3ec3f2093c8a12a4ea7381e7.jpg

EDIT: Also a view of the moved movie screen (wrapped up) and what's left of its footings (in foreground).

Lloyd, you continue to wow me with all your photos, especially this one. I didn't realize the North Star was going to give us a ride straight up like that, your making me a little nervous now.

Lloyd, you continue to wow me with all your photos, especially this one. I didn't realize the North Star was going to give us a ride straight up like that, your making me a little nervous now.

At least you're still over the ship. How about the North Star in this position ...

2f7df384a4caec6c06042119f0e200ab.jpg

I think some will be thankful when the North Star is parked. The North Star Bar is a few steps away for a drink to settle the nerves. :D

415aba7b7cf679c69de1f94698550ef9.jpg