Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

It sure does look small that North Star arm compared to the drawings we saw. I was expecting something bigger. It looks so small on top of such a big vessel!

Some more views.

2a95fc00698a6cf41feb9936d285929e.jpg

d0b1fc5db4373b582345d7ca16c3ef5a.jpg

e265c711e06d4d5feb7ca8287300be5e.jpg

Photos by Jens Hagens

From oceanships.de

Quantum-of-the-Seas004.jpg

Quantum-of-the-Seas055.jpg

Great pictures.

That close up of the area over the bridge wing still leads me to believe that this is a crew area only. It appears that the door in on hinges and opening into the wind. It also looks like it is not completely blocked off on the left side of the picture but instead provides access for window cleaning for the solarium windows.

Great views of ship and North Star. I finally saw the superior grand suites with the wrap around balcony (those with the large porthole). They are advertised as wrap around balconies - but there is a large divider in the corner - I hope they remove that - as is only large rectangle area for balcony and appears no way to get around to side where the large porthole is located.

Great video! I think I looked onto my balcony. 😀

I am embarrassed to say that glassed in area looks like my storage unit in my basement. It's gonna have a really nice view though.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Photo from cruisetv.de

BzRiUs3CcAErKlK.jpg:large

This is the best photo I have seen of the obstructed balconies as it appears to be looking straight on rather than the camera pointing slightly upwards. They don't look quite so obstructed from this angle, you can clearly see the edge of the railing and even some of the glass beneath. this makes me a little more confident of my "bargain" balcony cabin!

Great photos you're sharing Lloyd!

Don't take this the wrong way please...but seeing those photos did prompt a question from Mrs. Cruisefan:

If you're in the North Star pod unit...hanging out the side of the ship...and suddenly the crane assembly stops working - how the heck do they get you "out"? :eek:

Having seen several people stuck on amusement rides for hours...she had to ask. The answer should be interesting. :)

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

From oceanships.de

Quantum-of-the-Seas004.jpg

Quantum-of-the-Seas055.jpg

Great pictures.

That close up of the area over the bridge wing still leads me to believe that this is a crew area only. It appears that the door in on hinges and opening into the wind. It also looks like it is not completely blocked off on the left side of the picture but instead provides access for window cleaning for the solarium windows.

Lloyd - Thanks for the great photos and close-ups.

Ourusualbeach - You are right that does appear that the door over the bridge wing is on hinges. However I still think this area is also for passengers and accessible via the Solarium. I can also relate to the concern regarding the area to the left that seems like there is a gap (as we see it in the photo) for window cleaning or so access. Something has to be there to prevent passengers from leaning into that area.

Finally, we get to see a clear view of the North Star on top of the Quantum of the seas :)

So that is what the glass shelters are for!!!

505a0979bd901564a37c6f21adb47258.jpg

Great vid. Thank you.

That rock climbing wall still looks a little challenging for my liking!

Edited by papcx

If you're in the North Star pod unit...hanging out the side of the ship...and suddenly the crane assembly stops working - how the heck do they get you "out"? :eek:

I read somewhere there is TRIPLE redundancy build in, so no law suits from that!

I also noticed on the vid there were 2 wind speed sensors (the little windmill things) on top on the pod, so again, everything's been monitored.

I read somewhere there is TRIPLE redundancy build in, so no law suits from that!

I also noticed on the vid there were 2 wind speed sensors (the little windmill things) on top on the pod, so again, everything's been monitored.

Indeed. I saw the wind meters too.

But still trying to figure out how they'd get someone back on the ship after getting stuck out there on North Star. I'm sure they have "a plan"...but curious just how they'd do it.

Lloyd - Thanks for the great photos and close-ups.

Ourusualbeach - You are right that does appear that the door over the bridge wing is on hinges. However I still think this area is also for passengers and accessible via the Solarium. I can also relate to the concern regarding the area to the left that seems like there is a gap (as we see it in the photo) for window cleaning or so access. Something has to be there to prevent passengers from leaning into that area.

I guess we will have to wait for Lloyd to let us know for sure.

Finally, we get to see a clear view of the North Star on top of the Quantum of the seas :)

So that is what the glass shelters are for!!!

505a0979bd901564a37c6f21adb47258.jpg

Great video!

The first thing I notice is she has a very different profile and coloring from other Royal Caribbean ships. Most others have a greenish tint to all the glass. Also with the North Star and without the Vicking Crown Lounge, there is a big difference in the look. Don't get me wrong, I think she is beautiful and cannot wait to sail her, just different than the other RC ships.

Yeah, I believe you have the primary system that operates off of the ship. There is then a secondary generator to power a backup system in case the first fails or the ship loses power. Then there is a manual way of getting the pod back, no idea how much work is involved in that, but I'd imagine a lot of people cranking quickly.

Great views of ship and North Star. I finally saw the superior grand suites with the wrap around balcony (those with the large porthole). They are advertised as wrap around balconies - but there is a large divider in the corner - I hope they remove that - as is only large rectangle area for balcony and appears no way to get around to side where the large porthole is located.

I thought the same thing when I looked at the video. I wonder if there are two entrances to the balcony or if they will take the one partition down.

Yeah, I believe you have the primary system that operates off of the ship. There is then a secondary generator to power a backup system in case the first fails or the ship loses power. Then there is a manual way of getting the pod back, no idea how much work is involved in that, but I'd imagine a lot of people cranking quickly.

Maybe via some cable mechanism that can be reeled back?

Wow! These pictures are amazing and high quality. Thanks for sharing this...

This is spectacular! Wish I was there to see all this live...

Can't wait to see a video of the North Star in action now...

Edited by ERLEC