Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Forgive me for not understanding or missing reading a certain post - I am not sure what you mean when you speak of the trellis near the life boats. I know part of Windjammer will be outside - is the "trellis" another outside area??? Please clarity - I appreciate all your comments and pictures!!

Forgive me for not understanding or missing reading a certain post - I am not sure what you mean when you speak of the trellis near the life boats. I know part of Windjammer will be outside - is the "trellis" another outside area??? Please clarity - I appreciate all your comments and pictures!!

You can see the white trellis-like structure at the bottom of the top photo on deck 5 on the port side of the ship.

On the starboard side, it is not as far back. You can see it in almost in the center of the bottom photo on deck 5, in line with the blue scaffolding on the dock near it.

27b08ea51ee41c95736c5cb54b175236.jpg

beb0c1d2df86f49f8d36c08546c0851a.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

You can see the white trellis-like structure at the bottom of the top photo on deck 5 on the port side of the ship.

On the starboard side, it is not as far back. You can see it in almost in the center of the bottom photo on deck 5, in line with the blue scaffolding on the dock near it.

27b08ea51ee41c95736c5cb54b175236.jpg

beb0c1d2df86f49f8d36c08546c0851a.jpg

I think I just booked one of the "Overlooking the Trellis" Obstructed balcony cabins on Anthem. March 2016...Do the Minions say you are joining me? So I guess you and I will be watching Anthem's Build very closely as well. :D

Denise

I think I just booked one of the "Overlooking the Trellis" Obstructed balcony cabins on Anthem. March 2016...Do the Minions say you are joining me? So I guess you and I will be watching Anthem's Build very closely as well. :D

Denise

Great to hear!

I'll still be watching both Quantum-class ship builds closely.

Wish I was sailing on the Quantum of the Seas in 2014-2015 while it's sailing out of New Jersey, but I don't think it would be possible... :(

Mind you, I wouldn't mind wining a cruise on the brand new Quantum of the Seas' inaugural transatlantic cruise on November 2, 2014 from Southampton, England to Bayonne, New Jersey! Why isn't there a contest for that!?

Edited by Lloyd555

Lloyd

Probably no contest because they would rather sell them to " fools like us". :-D

I opted for the March 7 western for the "new" ports. Reg balcony was way cheaper than the single one with no supplement. ..NOT.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Man, I would love to see a photo of the Quantum build like this one of the Norwegian Breakaway!

NB21.jpg

Me too. And, again, I would like to see what my nephews suggested - The long empty space of one of the Quantum's cabin decks from one end to the other before cabins are inserted.

Tired of figuring out how many days until the float out when asked by said nephews. So I inserted a countdown clock for them.

Lloyd

Probably no contest because they would rather sell them to " fools like us". :-D

I opted for the March 7 western for the "new" ports. Reg balcony was way cheaper than the single one with no supplement. ..NOT.

Denise

Just so you know RCI has apparently fixed the problem with the SB category prices on Anthem so I moved into one. Am now right above my Quantum cabin. Whew saved $1500.

Denise

Sigh. This may be the closest that we'll get to a 'construction' photo this week! :D

Tweeted by Royal Caribbean: Behind the scenes: crafting the mosaics that will hang in @chefmschwartz's restaurant on #QuantumOfTheSeas.

BmjnC7_CcAABWa5.png

Edited by Lloyd555

Some tourist was fortunate to have glanced skyward, and managed to snap a photo of an Anthem of the Seas block being transported by crane. Looks like a block made of upper decks with some smoke stacks fittings.

Have to admit that when I first saw it, I couldn't make out what I was looking at. Thought it was a Star Wars spacecraft. :rolleyes:

Anthemblockbeenmovedasseenfrombelow_zps8dcd730a.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Some tourist was fortunate to have glanced skyward, and managed to snap a photo of an Anthem of the Seas block being transported by crane. Looks like a block made of upper decks with some smoke stacks fittings.

Have to admit that when I first saw it, I couldn't make out what I was looking at. Thought it was a Star Wars spacecraft. :rolleyes:

That's an awesome shot. We've seen one or two rare shots of a block in motion, but certainly never at that angle.

That is indeed one of the coolest shots of the blocks in Hall 6.

Brilliant and unique shot! Interesting to see the superstructure in such detail

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Cool photo! It does look like something out of Star Wars! (Thanks for the heads up on FB about the Star Wars 7 cast announcement, Lloyd! I didn't see that.) And ya, those are likely open elevator shafts on the left. Looks like a mid-ship block. Cool to see how much more progress has been made.

Oh, and... I am NOT your Father, Lloyd! :D

Be sure to wear a hardhat if you are standing underneath that block...in case they drop it. :p :rolleyes: :p

Eric

Edited by Pomperaugrr

Be sure to wear a hardhat if you are standing underneath that block...in case they drop it. :p :rolleyes: :p

Eric

Ha! I try to remember to wear my helmet when necessary! (Why does it look so huge on my head?!!!! :eek: )

MichmitmeinerArbeitHelm_zps59da6631.jpg

I'm not so sure that's the smoke stack fittings.

If you look to the left of the photo you see how it widens out and there is an opening. That opening would be the aft stairwell.

Depending on how that block is positioned it could be the front of the aft hump or the back. I'm inclined to believe that it is the front of the aft hump as there is not much of the hump exposed before you get to the opening.

That would put those 4 units directly below the H2O zone.

I think that they are pumps for the H2O zone. You can see smaller diameter pipes attached to them and other piping in that area as well.

Very interesting whatever it is.

A sure sign of Spring (in Papenburg anyhow) - an opened door to let in the fresh air and bikes lined up for the trek to & from work.

Wish they'd send some of that weather our way. We're having a sputtering start to Spring.

1912153_563893150393116_1913035632708542064_n_zps75eb9c9d.jpg