Cabin Safes On Grandeur

Hi!

I read a couple of places that some cabin safes have a combination and others need some sort of credit card...

I'll be sailing on Grandeur in October, deck 4 Oceanview...does anyone know what kind of safe will be in our cabin? I'm still trying to understand the logic with a credit card....the whole purpose of a safe is to put them inside while running around the ship...

Also...if it is a card, does it have to be the one used for onboard purchases??

Thanks!

Hi!

I read a couple of places that some cabin safes have a combination and others need some sort of credit card...

I'll be sailing on Grandeur in October, deck 4 Oceanview...does anyone know what kind of safe will be in our cabin? I'm still trying to understand the logic with a credit card....the whole purpose of a safe is to put them inside while running around the ship...

Thanks!

If it is a card safe, you can use any card with a mag stripe on the back. Best to use something not associated with money, like an old hotel room card.

Hi!

Thanks!

any card with a magnetic strip is acceptable.. grocery store, library, etc.

But what if it gets demagnetized?

You would need to go to Guest Services, checking the outdoor temperature and that the ship was running on schedule, to wait in line and get it reprogrammed;):rolleyes:

You would need to go to Guest Services, checking the outdoor temperature and that the ship was running on schedule, to wait in line and get it reprogrammed;):rolleyes:

Hey, that was my follow-up punch line :D

But, you forgot that I need to also bring my pet rock :rolleyes:

Sorry, I thought the pet rock was locked in the safe and that was why a new key was needed, to get the rock out before it ran out of air....

Lock my pet rock in the safe :eek: what kind of a pet owner do you think I am?

I lock my sea pass in the safe so it won't get accidentally demagnetized and lock me out of my room... You will not find me in the long line at GS...:D

I've joked about locking up all of the sunflower bars from the park cafe as I could get my hands on, so I had grub if it turned into a Carnival cruise. :)

I can also vouch that Grandeur has the 4 number combo safes.

Judy

I've joked about locking up all of the sunflower bars from the park cafe as I could get my hands on, so I had grub if it turned into a Carnival cruise. :)

I can also vouch that Grandeur has the 4 number combo safes.

Judy

Not all staterooms on Grandeur have 4 number combo safes. We were just on the Grandeur the week before the fire and our inside stateroom on Deck 3 aft had the old style safe which required using a card with a magnetic stripe. I was also surprised that despite the revitalization which included the installation of flat screen TVs, the TV system did not have any interactive features including an ability to check the status of our onboard accounts.

Not all staterooms on Grandeur have 4 number combo safes. We were just on the Grandeur the week before the fire and our inside stateroom on Deck 3 aft had the old style safe which required using a card with a magnetic stripe. I was also surprised that despite the revitalization which included the installation of flat screen TVs, the TV system did not have any interactive features including an ability to check the status of our onboard accounts.

This is only my guess, but I suspect that Royal has made a decision to develop the iPad devices to take over those guest related functions that the interactive TV's now provide on Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis class.

This is only my guess, but I suspect that Royal has made a decision to develop the iPad devices to take over those guest related functions that the interactive TV's now provide on Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis class.

That could be, but I was still surprised that despite all of the work done during the revitalization of Grandeur (the Wayfinders worked very well for example) the TVs didn't permit us to view our onboard account or other features we have become used to on other classes of ships including Radiance class.

Thanks everyone!!

I'll make sure I have a couple of mag-strip cards on hand and tell my fellow travellers the same....I have friends up on the 7th deck so I'll let them know theirs may be a different kind!!

Archived