1st time Celebrity cruiser just off Constellation

workstocruise

:cool:Thank you Works for your review. Like you, I will be taking my first Celeb cruise on Constallation in Aug. I've had many RCCL and one Carnival, and I am looking forward to X. I really don't mind an older, smaller ship. I know that they keep them up. Went on Explorer last month, and it was one of the best I've had. I am looking forward to increasing my cruising pleasure. RCCL still has great service, but some standards have slipped, and I'm hoping X provides a cruise one notch up. It sounds like it is. Again, thank you.:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

Thanks for your review and positive remarks. We will be sailing on Connie for the Spring TA next year. Have only been on S class ships, love them and was a bit concerned after reading some reviews prior to recent changes. Reading more upbeat remarks about this ship makes me :)

Any info about changes to the Connie since drydock? In particular interested in hearing about new Ocean View cabins on deck 3 and changes made to other staterooms.

Thanks in advance

DH and I just returned from the 12 day May 20 Baltic Cruise on the Constellation...

For all of you future Constellation cruisers, you're in for a real treat.

Thank you for the upbeat review. We are looking forward to sailing on her in October.

The pastries at Cafe El Bacio were free and you don't have to purchase anything. In fact the crew that work there practically beg you to pick something to eat.

The food in the MDR on formal nights as on all the nights was delicious. The last formal night was the lobster. It was good, but beef Wellington was also on the menu and I got that. It was very good.

I was on the same cruise, and unfortunately was not happy with the food overall. Perhaps it's because I prefer the S-class ships, and perhaps it's because we usually book AquaClass and therefore haven't eaten in the main dining room in a long time. We've always been very happy with the food in Blu on previous trips, but we were not happy with the food in the main dining room on the Constellation on this Baltic cruise. We sailed with another couple, and they agree that the food was not up to par with what they had on Silhouette 5 months ago.

Dear Works,

Thank you very much for your great review. We leave on the June 25th Fjords cruise.

Would greatly appreciate it if you could comment on the condition of the staterooms since the dry dock. They mentioned that there would be new bedding, colors, etc. Are the mattresses comfortable. Are they new. We are in a balcony room on the 8th level. Do you have photos.

Does the ship look as if it has been updated.

Thanks so much.

Marilyn

I was on the same cruise, and unfortunately was not happy with the food overall. Perhaps it's because I prefer the S-class ships, and perhaps it's because we usually book AquaClass and therefore haven't eaten in the main dining room in a long time. We've always been very happy with the food in Blu on previous trips, but we were not happy with the food in the main dining room on the Constellation on this Baltic cruise. We sailed with another couple, and they agree that the food was not up to par with what they had on Silhouette 5 months ago.

:cool:And my butler could not sail with us, the Bently was in for repairs so we had to take the Lincoln. On top of that the Royal Suite was taken and they gave us an inside. Sorry the food was not up to your usual standards, but it seems like everyone else liked it. Better luck next time:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

We had a balcony cabin on deck 6 and my mattress was very comfortable. But then I can sleep anywhere. I don't know about any other cabin upgrades, but the ship was immaculate.

I did not see a lot of gowns or tuxedoes, just plenty of suits and short dresses.

We had select dining and usually ate between 8 and 8:30 so sometimes the MDR was fairly empty.

Everyone I came in contact with was always dressed very nice whether it was formal night or not.

We've been on the Connie a couple times. Love the ambiance of the M class, especially the Connie. As someone alluded to, it is a elegant ship not a big city. The S class ships, while we do like them, just don't have the intimate, personable feeling the M class ships do. Any one that hasn't been on the Connie yet is in for a treat.

:cool:Thank you Works for your review. Like you, I will be taking my first Celeb cruise on Constallation in Aug. I've had many RCCL and one Carnival, and I am looking forward to X. I really don't mind an older, smaller ship. I know that they keep them up. Went on Explorer last month, and it was one of the best I've had. I am looking forward to increasing my cruising pleasure. RCCL still has great service, but some standards have slipped, and I'm hoping X provides a cruise one notch up. It sounds like it is. Again, thank you.:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

I enjoy your posting on the Constellation Rollcall page. Looking forward to saying hello onboard on August 12.

Jack, we feel that Celebrity is superior to RC and Carnival. We really tested Equinox on a transAtlantic cruise where there is nothing much to do except enjoy the ship and the company onboard. We found it excellent and you are in for a treat.

I have to agree with you, and was also disappointed by the food. I think it's due in part to the changes Celebrity have made to menus, whereas I preferred the previous menus in the MDR much more. There's now much less non-meat based selection and the other choices are quite bland (mixed lettuce as a salad!)

However, I thought the buffet also fell down in a number of areas. As an example I eat cereals for breakfast, yet on a few days they only had Rice bubbles, corn flakes and special K. Sometimes granola and raisin bran were also available. However, there used to be more variety, and still is with other lines.

Of itself, this wouldn't be a big deal, but there were many deficiencies like this compared to the selection they used to have. We re-stocked on port visits (e.g. they ran out of yoghurt a couple of days in, then restocked in Stockholm, so I don't believe it's shortages as there was the same selection from beginning to end).

My boys are wondering about the new x-box lounge or collaboration as they are 16, 16 & 20. Did you see any acitivites invoilving the x-box/kinetct

Yes, they did. They also had them for kids' groups. For adults, they had general Kinect sessions in the morning at 10 or 11 in the Rendezvous lounge.

Certainly do! We were on Connie and enjoyed the party in your suite. The M-class ships are still our favourites too.

Fond regards to both of you from your Canadian Friends

C&D

We have the fondest memories of the Connie. Our one and only suite was a Celebrity Suite before the balcony was added. We loved everything about that cruise. We recently sailed on the Millenium and although you can tell it is an older ship we still enjoyed the M Class ambiance. It just feels like a ship. I'm sure you will think I'm barking with that statement but I'll bet there are a few other M class fans who know just what I mean.

will be the transAtlantic crossing of the Constellation this November. So I'm delighted to see how many people praised it! I'm too excited for words. I'm almost 60 and have wanted to take a cruise for many years. This is a dream come true!

Waffles were great as usual!:)

Glad to hear about the waffles, DS will definitely be happy to hear it. It is one of the reasons Celebrity is his favorite line :eek::D!

Looking forward to sailing our first time on the Constellation!

will be the transAtlantic crossing of the Constellation this November. So I'm delighted to see how many people praised it! I'm too excited for words. I'm almost 60 and have wanted to take a cruise for many years. This is a dream come true!

Hi mamasylvia,

Look at the top of any cruise critic forum page for the banner directly under the cruise critic forum heading.

Find Countdown Clocks and click on it.

It will take you to a page with a variety of countdown clock photos. Select your favorite and click on create your countdown. There will be directions to walk you through from there.

Bsically, you'll be copying the info code continue to your USER CP

and then pasting it into your signature. Then you can preview your choice and make any changes you may desire there.

I hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.Have a fantastic dream cruise! (I've sailed the Constellation, it is the most beautiful of the millenium class ships!)

Archived