1st time Celebrity cruiser just off Constellation

workstocruise

DH and I just returned from the 12 day May 20 Baltic Cruise on the Constellation. We have cruised before on RCI and Princess but this was our first time on Celebrity. I searched these boards many times for tips and advice and read both good and bad reviews of the Constellation. We had sailed on the Allure of the Seas last October and that ship was huge, new and amazing. The Celebrity was much older, smaller and some of the reviews I read were not nice. I was somewhat apprehensive about the cruise, but let me tell you, the ship and her crew are fabulous!

We flew into Amsterdam the morning of the cruise with no problems. We booked our air through Celebrity and we were among the first to arrive at the cruise ship terminal. We waited about 2 hours before we actually boarded the ship and there were some computer glitches that delayed boarding, but they were quickly solved.

After boarding we headed up to the Oceanview Café and had lunch. We are not luxury cruisers, we are platinum on RCI and will be taking our 4th Princess cruise next fall. The Constellation had some of the best food we have ever eaten on a cruise ship. It was always freshly prepared and hot and the selection was great. The dining room food was also excellent. We could not have been more pleased. I know that food is subjective and some people may disagree with me but I was born and raised in New Orleans. I know good food.

The other great thing about this ship was the entertainment. It was outstanding. The Constellation singers and dancers were some of the best.

The crew were also very friendly and you saw them everywhere on the ship. The ship's Captain was very visible and so personable. He was by far the youngest captain I've sailed with.

I won't say anything about the ports as they speak for themselves. We had both good and bad weather, but no one can control that.

I would sail Celebrity again in a heartbeat. For all of you future Constellation cruisers, you're in for a real treat.

We were on the Constellation in March. The Captain, officers, and crew were about the friendliest of any ship we been on. It seemed as if the captain spent all of his free time with the passengers. All of the Officers on all of Celebrity's ships are very visible and friendly. I think that is part of their program. They have many activites called Celebrity Life that involves the officers.

Seeing them around the ship dressed in their uniforms while dining, wallking around, or having a cup of coffee also adds a lot of class.

Thank you for your review as a first time Celebrity cruiser.

I am looking forward to sailing on the Constellation in Aquaclass in January.

It will be my first time on a M class ship.

I love Connie! Yes she is older but last cruise we found our C1 cabin in great shape and love the smaller feel of the ship in general! After an S class this winter - I'm looking forward to going back to an M class in 2015!!

Hi,

great that you had a gret trip - we have been on Summit in spring 2013 and we also loved this ship and this cruise - the food ,whether in MDG or self-service, was great!! Also the service we liked so much!!

Within one month we also will go on Baltic cruise, but on Emerald Princess - we have been on Crown Princess and also liked Princess - so in one month I'll have the comparison which line I like more - Princess or Celebrity!!

On both, I'd sail again...:)

We have the fondest memories of the Connie. Our one and only suite was a Celebrity Suite before the balcony was added. We loved everything about that cruise. We recently sailed on the Millenium and although you can tell it is an older ship we still enjoyed the M Class ambiance. It just feels like a ship. I'm sure you will think I'm barking with that statement but I'll bet there are a few other M class fans who know just what I mean.

I am so happy to hear this as we are sailing on Connie on July 7th for the same cruise.

My boys are wondering about the new x-box lounge or collaboration as they are 16, 16 & 20. Did you see any acitivites invoilving the x-box/kinetct

Thanks

Sharon

I didn't see too many young people on our cruise, but school was still in session so that may be why. I didn't see anything about the x-box.

The formal nights were day 2, day 5, and day 11. Day 2 was at sea. The others were port days.

workstocruise: I'm glad you enjoyed your 1st cruise on the Connie. I, too, was on the May 20th cruise along with you, and it was great - from officer staff to crew staff to ports. Celebrity did a great job of solticizing the ship in the recent dry dock just a month before.:)

We are booked for the Aug. 24 departure on this same cruise.....did you need a visa to tour in StPetersburg? I am getting conflicting info on this. so glad you enjoyed "the connie"...it is the only MClass ship we have not been on, and we are really looking forward to this. Do you happen to know if the "funny" captain was recently on the Silhouette? Yes, the staff is always most personable on Celebrity, out only cruise line!

We are booked for the Aug. 24 departure on this same cruise.....did you need a visa to tour in StPetersburg? I am getting conflicting info on this. so glad you enjoyed "the connie"...it is the only MClass ship we have not been on, and we are really looking forward to this. Do you happen to know if the "funny" captain was recently on the Silhouette? Yes, the staff is always most personable on Celebrity, out only cruise line!

The tour operator took care of the visas in St. Petersburg for us. We used SPB tours.

The captain's brother was recently on the Silhouette, so maybe he also has a sense of humor. by the time you sail on Aug 24, I do not think Captain Tasos will be there. he said he was going on vacation in about 6 weeks. the staff captain, also very personable, was leaving for vacation in mid June.

Archived