Royal Caribbean Soda Package tumbler

Looking at buying the soda package for our cruise later this month? It states that you are given a tumbler to use. Do you have to carry it and use at all times or can you just show your sea pass and get sodas without it?

We are travelling on the Indy out of Southampton at end of June, usually go with Celebrity and a bit anxious about this one having read some of the reviews. Would love to hear some positive feedback. :):)

You won't need to carry the cup, there will either be a sticker on your seapass, or if you order it ahead of time, it will be preprinted with one.

I can't help you with reviews, but remember, they are subjective...one persons miserable vacation is another's trip of a lifetime, even on the same cruise.

From what I understand you also need it if you are using the Coke freestyle machines.

Oops, forgot about those! We haven't done the soda package since they were introduced. And from what I've read in reviews, they aren't getting favorable ones at all! They either run out or aren't located in convenient places.

Oops, forgot about those! We haven't done the soda package since they were introduced. And from what I've read in reviews, they aren't getting favorable ones at all! They either run out or aren't located in convenient places.

Hey Nanci, how are you? I have used the freestyle machine on the Allure and I actually liked it.

Pre cruise purchased soda package they will imprint your cards with a coke logo (it won't wash off in the water) If purchased on the ship they put a sticker on your card and it does wash off.

You can order a coke from any bar, main dining room, etc. they will give you a glass with ice and coke in it. (soda fountain type)

With your tumbler, you can go to any of the freestyle machines and fill up on ice and a variety of flavors of soda and water, even flavored sparkling water. This is all included with the package. Don't think your ship has freestyle yet....check on that.

If you order room service, or want cans of soda you will be charged.

Hope this helps! We loved the package. Will purchase again.

Edited by Brandonclan

Hey Nanci, how are you? I have used the freestyle machine on the Allure and I actually liked it.

Hey Mikie! We are all fine, getting excited for Oasis! :D

Where were the machines? (attempting to stay on topic :p)

usually go with Celebrity and a bit anxious about this one having read some of the reviews. Would love to hear some positive feedback. :):)

Nothing to be nervous about. IOS is an amazing ship. So much to see and do! You will have a fun time!

I asked my daughter today if she wanted the soda package for our upcoming Oasis cruise. She asked me what happens if she loses her cup for the freestyle machine. :eek: Ok, she is not one that misplaces items, but what would happen????

I asked my daughter today if she wanted the soda package for our upcoming Oasis cruise. She asked me what happens if she loses her cup for the freestyle machine. :eek: Ok, she is not one that misplaces items, but what would happen????

Great question. My guess is they wouldn't provide a new one but maybe someone will post of their experience.

From what I understand you also need it if you are using the Coke freestyle machines.

There are only freestyle machines on ships that sail out of the US year-round. That does not include Independence of the Seas.

Pre cruise purchased soda package they will imprint your cards with a coke logo (it won't wash off in the water) If purchased on the ship they put a sticker on your card and it does wash off.

You can order a coke from any bar, main dining room, etc. they will give you a glass with ice and coke in it. (soda fountain type)

With your tumbler, you can go to any of the freestyle machines and fill up on ice and a variety of flavors of soda and water, even flavored sparkling water. This is all included with the package. Don't think your ship has freestyle yet....check on that.

If you order room service, or want cans of soda you will be charged.

Hope this helps! We loved the package. Will purchase again.

Have purchased this package for myself and granddaughter and have to admit some reviews have made me nervous. Glad to hear your experience was a good one.

Just got back from The Oasis and we had the soda package. You use the cups for the freestyle machines. On our ship there were 2 on the Promenade forward and then 2 in the Windjammer by where they serve the drinks.

I'm not sure what would happen if you lose your cup but someone picked up mine by accident and left me theirs. (Mine was red and the one they left was blue) I went to guest services to see if I could exchange for a clean new cup and I was told no I couldn't. But if I just washed the cup with hot water then it should be fine!! :eek: This was not the answer I was expecting! So hang on to the cups if you want to use the freestyle machines. If you could care less about them then showing your seapass card will get your a soft drink

My only issue with the tumbler is I wish it had a reusable straw. I would go to the bar and ask for one of the longer straws (which they didn't have an issue giving me) but it would be nice to have a straw for it.

Have purchased this package for myself and granddaughter and have to admit some reviews have made me nervous. Glad to hear your experience was a good one.

We used the freestyle machines on Oasis and we loved it. There's lots of machines (Four in deck 16 Windjammer, deck 15 arcades, two on deck 5), they always worked for us and you can have a wide range of drink mixes as you can choose flavours. We loved it so much we've ordered the package for Allure next year. The only time we saw someone have issues with the machine was when they filled their cup up, poured it into a glass and then tried to refill the cup again. The machine made them wait 10 minutes.

Great question. My guess is they wouldn't provide a new one but maybe someone will post of their experience.

One of our cups broke on the second day and guest services replaced it for us without any issues. I'm not sure what would happen if you lose the cup but i'm guess they'd maybe deactivate the chip in the lost cup and give you a new one like room key cards maybe. I'm not sure how they'd know the lost one though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure they would give you a new cup if you lost it. I pre-ordered the soda package on my latest cruise and normally when you get into your room the cup is waiting, but I had no cup. I went to guest services and they told me to just go to one of the tables where they were signing people up for the soda package and ask for a cup. I did that and they gave me one with no problem.

To the person who ended up with someone elses cup and was told to wash it with hot water I would demand to speak to the guest services manager!! That is ridiculous and not sanitary at all, I can't believe they actually said that to you :eek:

We are considering buying the soda package for our daughter (18) and son (15). My understanding is the Freestyle machines (we are sailing on the Liberty) essentially provide a range of fizzy drinks, Coca Cola etc, which would be fine for our daughter but our son isn't really a fan of fizzy drinks.

I believe that the soda package would enable them to show their sea pass and get drinks at the bars etc? Would my lad be able to order non carbonated drinks, eg juices, squashes?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app