Poll: how many people usually do excursions when cruising and how many don't

What do you do when on a cruise? (Usually do - there are always exceptions)  

209 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do when on a cruise? (Usually do - there are always exceptions)

• Usually planned excursions through RCI
    • Usually planned excursions through another provider
    • Get off the ship and do our own thing
    • Usually don't get off the ship at ports

Well ... IF - IF - IF the ship is offering an excursion we like at a time that suits, we'll certainly consider booking through RCCL because it's easy and convenient.

If not .... we'll do something "on our own".

LuLu

~~~~

Quick poll here. How many of us do organised excursions when cruising (RCI or other) and how many people save their money and just do their own thing?

I usually do what you do (both cruise line and private tours). On occasion, just do my own thing.

You need an 'all of the above' choice. I mix it up pretty good depending on the ship / port / weather / companions... Have done all of those, as well as taking a brief stroll around port, but spending most of the day onboard.

You need an 'all of the above' choice. I mix it up pretty good depending on the ship / port / weather / companions... Have done all of those, as well as taking a brief stroll around port, but spending most of the day onboard.

Whoops - I agree !!!!!

I'm like the others, depends on the port, if we've been there previously and feel comfortable or been there so many times we'd rather enjoy the ship (Nassau!). Sometimes I've researched excursions, and the price difference isn't enough to outweigh the convienence of letting the ship manage the details, especially when time could possibly be tight.

Depends...

In the Caribbean, we usually just have fun on our own, maybe a ship sponsored snorkeling excursion.

In Europe, we did a combination of ship's tours, and on our own. And, the ship's excursions were mostly self guided tours...

If (when!) we do Scandinavia again, we'd do a private tour in St. Petersburg.

I didn't answer the poll. I have done it all. I've taken excursions through the cruise lines and I've also done private ones. I've never pre-booked a private one. However; That will change in October as we are pre-booking a private fishing excursion in Cozumel.

We do a combination, depending on the port & what we want to get out of it ... sometimes a ship excursion, sometimes a private excursion with a few others, sometimes a private excursion with just us, and sometimes we just get off the ship and wander around on our own. Depends ...

I didn't vote because I need more choices! We don't do just one of those things.

We usually either do private excursions or just get off and do our own thing. Once in a blue moon we take a ship excursion. So far we've never just stayed on board, but I can see that happening someday.

Depends on the itinerary. Never do ships' excursions in the Caribbean. I like private tours better, but occasionally do a ship tour in Europe or other exotic locations.

We do a combination. Depends on the port, what we want to do and what is available. In Europe we booked all through RCCI because we didn't want to get stuck in a city 100 miles from the port. And when our Rome tour got us back late from our excursion I was glad!

Archived