Deluxe gty

I would look at it this way, if they haven't already assigned you a room, the chances are they may not have a 3 person JS available, so they may upgrade someone in a 3 person JS, to suite and give you their room, or they may upgrade you to a full suite, i think the closer it gets to sailing, the better chances you have of being upgraded

i agree.

I would look at it this way, if they haven't already assigned you a room, the chances are they may not have a 3 person JS available, so they may upgrade someone in a 3 person JS, to suite and give you their room, or they may upgrade you to a full suite, i think the closer it gets to sailing, the better chances you have of being upgraded

That is how I would look at it too. Only expect a JS and be pleasantly surprised if you get a full suite. Good luck.

Guarantees for 3 or 4 are about as rare as for 1. And RC doesn't have the excuse of "not enough berths" for one.

:(

I do not generally sail solo, but I have noticed that gtys do not tend to show up for solos. I never understood that.

Does it ever seem to help if the solo calls about the issue?

Going to show my total ignorance.... How do you find a suite guarantee? Any time I've looked on a cruise on RCCL's site, I can't find them. Whats the magic?

No magic, it's just that guarantees are not common. You have to keep doing mock bookings and looking at the prices. That's were the guarantee will show up, if that sailing and category offers a guarantee.

No magic, it's just that guarantees are not common. You have to keep doing mock bookings and looking at the prices. That's were the guarantee will show up, if that sailing and category offers a guarantee.

And when they are offered for an really attractive price, others may snap them up. So, they may not be offered for long. If you see one you want, act fast. Or at least place a 24 hour hold so it doesn't get away.

And when they are offered for an really attractive price, others may snap them up. So, they may not be offered for long. If you see one you want, act fast. Or at least place a 24 hour hold so it doesn't get away.

Booked a Premium Balcony ( D1) on FOS not but a week ago during the Wow sale with $ 375 of on board credits and one night no charge speciality dining for two. Guarantee Jr Suite not offered on sailing I was booking and spread for assigned Jr Suite was $ 800 more. Yesterday on the sailing we are on RCI started offering Guaranteed Jr Suite ( W) at $ 460 more than the D1 I had....called my agent she checked and told me I could still keep all the on board credits and we paid the $ 460 more and are in Guaranteed Jr Suite. We have stayed in a Jr Suite before and feel this was a fair deal

Booked a Premium Balcony ( D1) on FOS not but a week ago during the Wow sale with $ 375 of on board credits and one night no charge speciality dining for two. Guarantee Jr Suite not offered on sailing I was booking and spread for assigned Jr Suite was $ 800 more. Yesterday on the sailing we are on RCI started offering Guaranteed Jr Suite ( W) at $ 460 more than the D1 I had....called my agent she checked and told me I could still keep all the on board credits and we paid the $ 460 more and are in Guaranteed Jr Suite. We have stayed in a Jr Suite before and feel this was a fair deal

How nice Enjoy the cruise.

I do not generally sail solo, but I have noticed that gtys do not tend to show up for solos. I never understood that.

Does it ever seem to help if the solo calls about the issue?

If a really really really pushy TA calls, sometimes they will relent and allow the single to book the guarantee.

If a really really really pushy TA calls, sometimes they will relent and allow the single to book the guarantee.

I do not know a really really really pushy TA. Do you think a really really really persistent cruiser (with a direct booking) might get the same result? I know one of those;)

Tip to get guarantee as a solo. Book the room with 2 names, cancel 2nd guest a couple of weeks before sailing. 2nd guest taxes and fees are then refunded.

Done this a couple of times without any problems.

Pete

Interesting. I assume that even though you end up paying a 200% single supplement, you still come out ahead because you're paying the lower price of the guarantee?

Tip to get guarantee as a solo. Book the room with 2 names, cancel 2nd guest a couple of weeks before sailing. 2nd guest taxes and fees are then refunded.

Done this a couple of times without any problems.

Pete

That would work.

If one qualifies for upper D+ reduced single supplement, they'd likely lose that benefit when using your system. Still, if the gty rate was excellent, it might well be worth it.

• 1 month later...

FYI...Just got off the phone with RCL supervisor she said that they will gives you a Junior suite. Anything else will only be issued if they did not have a Junior suite to give you. So it is not a free ride to upgrades but most often a cheaper JS.

She also said nothing else goes into play for upgrades, ie how many cruises you have booked, special celebrations.. just if they did not have JS. For the most part upgrades are very rare.

This is not to be confused with crown and anchor. This only deals with W class deluxe guarantee.

Archived