just off Royal Princess

caber

She's with me on September 27th.

Hi Pia!

Is that the ta to fll? Maybe you guys will love her so much you'll come back for thanksgiving. Thats when I'm sailing although I may do the bve when she's here if they offer it! Cant wait to see this beauty in person! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Pia!

Is that the ta to fll? Maybe you guys will love her so much you'll come back for thanksgiving. Thats when I'm sailing although I may do the bve when she's here if they offer it! Cant wait to see this beauty in person! :)

Hi Wendy. Gloria only on for the first 12 days; family function got in the way and she had to forego the TA. I'm on for the whole trip.

I'm sure there will be tons of posts as she sails during the next few months. You know you can count of me for my impressions. ;)

they had a chocolate fountain with strawberries etc. In the pastry shop in the horizon today at lunch. Wonderful.:D

I need a HUGE LIKE button for this!! LOL! :D

Donna...here you go...

attachment.php?attachmentid=257928&thumb=1&d=1358792780

Pat :)

Please clarify... the balcony cabins on the Caribe deck aren't larger on the Royal?

Do the AFt D4 Balcony cabins have larger balconies?

We are on the Royal in Nov so I'll be reading all the Royal reviews until then! :D

Thanks in advance to everyone who shares their Royal experience with us!!! :D

I was afraid of that by the way that the deck plan on the Princess website does not list square footage when you click on "Details" for any specific cabin. If you go to the deck plan of every other ship, at a minimum you get a range of square footage. For Royal--nothing. I figured they were hiding the fact that the cabins do not measure up, literally.

That said, the photos of the public spaces that are floating around the web look outstanding. Is it true, though, that there is no public access to the bow on any deck? It appears that way from the aerial photo. http://www.royalprincesspresspictures.co.uk/v/nr/dl/10732446202/RoyalPrincess-2026.jpg?ppwd=royalprincessnaming

If you go into the Princess.com booking engine, and pull up "view details," it does give a specific size to the cabin and balcony and I've pulled up dozens and many (even within the same category) are different - especially the balcony size.

this is a short review of our 2 nighter aboard Royal.

we boarded at 12 after a short wait. I was not over impressed with the outside, only because I prefer the look of the grand class ships. The amount of balconies on Royal makes her look top heavy, just my opinion. The inside is stunning.

we were in a deluxe balcony. Next time I. Would book a normal balcony as the deluxe is more cramped. You have the sofa but the dressing table space is condensed in the other side[/COLOR]. The bathroom is bigger than grand class. The balconies on both are smaller than grand class.

The staff were great, with a lot coming from the ruby.

there was a bit of a mix up when we arrived. We were told we were not getting our mini bar set up and our 1 formal, 1 smart casual night on the personaliser had changed to 2 casual. There was a lot of complaints and Princess sorted it. We got the mini bar set up and our second night was formal.

The sun shone for the sailaway and we were dancing on deck. The horns played the love boat theme.

Guernsey was cloudy at first but dry. We tendered.

We had the champagne waterfall in the evening.

the show in the theatre was Beatle maniacs. They had us dancing in our seats. It was a good show. We dined in Sabatinis and the main dining room. Both meals were up to the usual standard.

This morning we disembarked and went to our hotel bit went back later for the tour and lunch. The meal was excellent and was served with wine.

We are boarding Crown Princess tomorrow for a relaxing Mediterranean cruise.

Could you please explain a little more on what I've highlighted above.

Does the dressing table/desk have the three drawers on one side like the desks in the regular balcony cabins?

A few loungers at the back of the prom deck, but no outside walks the length of the ship. That was one of the biggest disappointments for us. I'll post a review tomorrow.

Thanks for the review! I'm very interested in the Promenade. Can you walk the length of the ship? I know it's not a true wrap-around promenade. Are there chairs or loungers along the Promenade?

We were lucky enough to receive an invitation to tour the ship/have lunch and have just got back home.

First, the positives

Very well organised visit

The lunch was excellent

The Horizon Court layout is much better

Now the negatives

The staterooms appear to be much smaller. We normally book at BA cabin on Caribe and they are definitely bigger than on the Royal.

The balconies are very small, even on mini and full suites. Think this is because the balconies are flat against the ship so all balconies are the same. Normally Caribe and Dolphin are much bigger. Wonder how they could cope with Balcony Dining.

Promenade deck. No you can't walk round, in fact, much of this deck seems to be "crew only".

There appears to be only 2 main entertainment areas - the Princess Theatre and the Vista Lounge. There is no Explorers Lounge (or equivalent). How will they cope with more passengers and less room for entertainment!

Deck 7 (the main entertainment deck) is largely open plan, Wheelhouse Bar for example is part of the Steakhouse.

Those are my main "moans". Extremely disappointed with the new ship. Of course, it was only a 4 hour visit and no doubt will have missed a lot, but my husband and I really don't like it.

For those who have booked, I hope you are not a balcony in the starboard midships areas which is very much overlooked by the Sea Walk.

Interestingly, when we were having lunch our waiter asked our opinion of the new ship. His response was the size of the cabins was the thing most commented on. On the coach returning to the car park, that was the only thing the driver mentioned - quote "have been told the cabins are very small". He's right.

Really look forward to the reviews from the first full cruises. It does take a while to get orientated on new ships and I only hope that my negative points prove unfounded.

Thank you for your review :)

this is a short review of our 2 nighter aboard Royal.

we boarded at 12 after a short wait. I was not over impressed with the outside, only because I prefer the look of the grand class ships. The amount of balconies on Royal makes her look top heavy, just my opinion. The inside is stunning.

we were in a deluxe balcony. Next time I. Would book a normal balcony as the deluxe is more cramped. You have the sofa but the dressing table space is condensed in the other side. The bathroom is bigger than grand class. The balconies on both are smaller than grand class.

The staff were great, with a lot coming from the ruby.

there was a bit of a mix up when we arrived. We were told we were not getting our mini bar set up and our 1 formal, 1 smart casual night on the personaliser had changed to 2 casual. There was a lot of complaints and Princess sorted it. We got the mini bar set up and our second night was formal.

The sun shone for the sailaway and we were dancing on deck. The horns played the love boat theme.

Guernsey was cloudy at first but dry. We tendered.

We had the champagne waterfall in the evening.

the show in the theatre was Beatle maniacs. They had us dancing in our seats. It was a good show. We dined in Sabatinis and the main dining room. Both meals were up to the usual standard.

This morning we disembarked and went to our hotel bit went back later for the tour and lunch. The meal was excellent and was served with wine.

We are boarding Crown Princess tomorrow for a relaxing Mediterranean cruise.

Thank you for sharing your impressions of the Royal. :D

Hi Wendy. Gloria only on for the first 12 days; family function got in the way and she had to forego the TA. I'm on for the whole trip.

I'm sure there will be tons of posts as she sails during the next few months. You know you can count of me for my impressions. ;)

Your live will be my top bookmark :)

Princess says the interior cabin on the Royal is 175 sq. ft. and the interior cabin on the Crown is 162 sq. ft. I'm happy with that. Especially if the extra 13 sq. ft. are in the cabin itself, and not in the bathroom or closet area. Those are certainly sufficient for me. :)

There is a great website called cruise deck plans dot com that has all ships, cabins, dimensions, etc. Wealth of info there (without having to become a member) :)

If you go into the Princess.com booking engine, and pull up "view details," it does give a specific size to the cabin and balcony and I've pulled up dozens and many (even within the same category) are different - especially the balcony size.

True. But this information is not present in the basic deck plan the way it is for every other ship. That cannot be a coincidence. Yes, you can hunt for the cabin sizes. But should you have to?

Princess says the interior cabin on the Royal is 175 sq. ft. and the interior cabin on the Crown is 162 sq. ft. I'm happy with that. Especially if the extra 13 sq. ft. are in the cabin itself, and not in the bathroom or closet area. Those are certainly sufficient for me. :)

I would be quite happy with a bigger shower!! :p

Help...

I can't find..."view details" on the Princess.com website. Please explain how to find this. Thank You for your help.

Help...

I can't find..."view details" on the Princess.com website. Please explain how to find this. Thank You for your help.

You have to go through a mock booking. Once you select a cabin, all will be revealed. Proving my point. If you have to hunt for something, it is because they have hidden it.

True. But this information is not present in the basic deck plan the way it is for every other ship. That cannot be a coincidence. Yes, you can hunt for the cabin sizes. But should you have to?

I agree with you. Princess should post one, updated deck plan and stick with it along with accurate square footage. I just was directing people to where they could locate as of today.:)

Archived