Quantum - What is coming after it ?

Dear follow cruise lovers,

I know it is quite early posting this, but since RCCL has trademarked 4 names (Ovation, Passion, Pulse and Vantage of the Seas) and only 2 more ships that I know of are not yet named (Oasis 3 and Sunshine 3), I was wondering if there are any news or infos to share ?

I guess all names are RCCL names, right ? Not for any of their other brands.

Looking at RCCL's history, with Freedom class followed by Oasis class and now Quantum, I was wondering what would be next ?!

I do hope that they come up with something having a real split structure again, uniting both Oasis and Sunshine features ...

RCCL has quite some old ships to get rid of sooner or later too. Does anybody have details on those, so that from there we could guess ...

Any thoughts, ideas, news, fog to share ?

Thanks !

You can almost bet that Royal will use their options to build the forth Oasis class ship for 2018, as well as the forth Quantum class ship that will use up all of the names they have trademarked. Oasis class ship gets top dollar for their cruises and makes the most on-board revenue for the company, so it makes perfect sense to build on that successful series of ships and keep making them better as each new ship comes out.:D

Keith

...with a WAG that's as close to possible as anyone else, my bet is a new class of ship with the width of an Oasis class, the length of a Freedom class, and the height of a Radiance class:D

Dear follow cruise lovers,

I know it is quite early posting this, but since RCCL has trademarked 4 names (Ovation, Passion, Pulse and Vantage of the Seas) and only 2 more ships that I know of are not yet named (Oasis 3 and Sunshine 3), I was wondering if there are any news or infos to share ?

I guess all names are RCCL names, right ? Not for any of their other brands.

Looking at RCCL's history, with Freedom class followed by Oasis class and now Quantum, I was wondering what would be next ?!

I do hope that they come up with something having a real split structure again, uniting both Oasis and Sunshine features ...

RCCL has quite some old ships to get rid of sooner or later too. Does anybody have details on those, so that from there we could guess ...

Any thoughts, ideas, news, fog to share ?

Thanks !

Guten Tag!!!

It will be interesting to see what direction Royal Caribbean goes after the build out of all the new ships. I would doubt that they will build anything bigger than the Oasis Class (unless another cruise line does) and Royal still wants to claim having the biggest cruise ship afloat.

If I try and apply some common sense I would think as the older smaller ships are due to retire, Royal Caribbean will look to replace them with new build ships similar in size and capacity as the retiring ships.

Love to see some new smaller ships like the Vision or Radiance class. Once the Vision class is too old, ports like Baltimore will not have a RCCL ship due to the bridges the ships have to pass under. I have heard that a Radiance class ship can fit under the bridges. Baltimore is such an easy port to get to for so many of us in the Baltimore Washington area.

Please build some Radiance size ships again. Love the smaller ships!

Mary Anne

RCI executives have consistently maintained that it is not economically feasible to build more ships of the Vision or Radiance class size and the revitalization of most of the ships in the fleet should add several years of life to most of their oldest ships, so perhaps there will be at least a brief pause before they announce plans for a new class of ship or more of the newer classes of ships. Many of us may wish to see more smaller size ships built but if ships of that size and configuration aren't capable of producing the amount of revenue the line requires, they just won't be built.

Much may depend on the success of the Quantum class ships and also the number of ports throughout the world with the capacity to accept Oasis class vessels. The experience that they gain from these new ships will most likely play a significant role in their decisions as to how many and what types of ships they want to build once this current phase of ship-building is done. In the meantime I'd rather contemplate the many still unanswered questions about the Quantum ships. Rest assured that there are probably a number of people at RCI who are always looking to create something new and exciting but for the time being at least, those concepts may have to wait. Check back in a year or two and the answer to your question may be more evident.

Archived