refund

bubsey

we were recently on an oceania cruise and for the most part it was pleasant, unfortunetly on our last night we were docked in livornia next to a ship that idled all night and spewed soot and black smoke...needless to say it was a sleepless night, has anyone had any experience like this and what if anything did the cruise line do for you, thanks

we were recently on an oceania cruise and for the most part it was pleasant, unfortunetly on our last night we were docked in livornia next to a ship that idled all night and spewed soot and black smoke...needless to say it was a sleepless night, has anyone had any experience like this and what if anything did the cruise line do for you, thanks

Oceania has no control over the actions of other vessels or the Port Authority which docked that ship next to you.

I don't know if your mother ever warned you about this, but sometimes bad or annoying things can happen without somebody else being at fault.

LipstickQuote.jpg

I would have demanded a full refund!:rolleyes:

interesting , mostly useless responses from the message board, I expected more..my feeling is if you are paying about $1000 per night you should expect to be able to sleep, i'm sure it wasn't the first time oceania has visited livornia and should be able to control the situation better then they did, at any rate, thank you for all the nonsense

interesting , mostly useless responses from the message board, I expected more..my feeling is if you are paying about $1000 per night you should expect to be able to sleep, i'm sure it wasn't the first time oceania has visited livornia and should be able to control the situation better then they did, at any rate, thank you for all the nonsense

I am really not sure how the cruise line could control the situation

The port authority in LIVORNO assigns the the docking position

Oceania has no control over the other ships in port

It is unfortunate that this disrupted your sleep

if you have a solution to the situation I am sure the ships would be interested for future port stops there

It is hard to take your original post seriously

Did you sleep outside on the deck?!

If you were sleeping inside your stateroom/suite then how did the spewing soot and black smoke from the other ship affect your sleeping? Just curious.......

Did you sleep outside on the deck?!

If you were sleeping inside your stateroom/suite then how did the spewing soot and black smoke from the other ship affect your sleeping? Just curious.......

+1

LOL, and it took 10 posts to come up with these obvious questions.

Frankly this thread is useless, especially the first post. Refund? You can't be serious.

I believe the nonsense in this thread came from you! Give it a rest!:rolleyes:

This is what happens when people are brought up in an "entitlement" and litigious environment. I really feel sorry for people working in customer service industries because they have to deal with people like this on a daily basis. Pathetic.

You guy's are to funny!!!!!!!I think we're on a cruise together-May 2014, New York to London, so if you are we have to have a drink. We'll buy, but most likely your on a drink package like us (every cruise that's the first think we book).

Rick

You guy's are to funny!!!!!!!I think we're on a cruise together-May 2014, New York to London, so if you are we have to have a drink. We'll buy, but most likely your on a drink package like us (every cruise that's the first think we book).

Rick

Us Too!

o-bev-packs.jpg

We'll see you in Martini's (one of the barstools there is dedicated to me!)

Oceania has no control over the actions of other vessels or the Port Authority which docked that ship next to you.

I don't know if your mother ever warned you about this, but sometimes bad or annoying things can happen without somebody else being at fault.

LipstickQuote.jpg

Love it! Love it! Love it!

Ricki

This is what happens when people are brought up in an "entitlement" and litigious environment. I really feel sorry for people working in customer service industries because they have to deal with people like this on a daily basis. Pathetic.

Agreed. Though I do like JimandStans's live it up and make the best of it approach

I'm just heading off to my office just adjacent to one of the runways at Heathrow Airport...I think I shall claim compensation from my employer for all the noise disturbance. Then, with my compensation package I will set sail on an Oceania voyage, making sure I have picked up the odd bug or three, not bother washing my hands as I sneeze everywhere, catch Noro,, and then demand further compensation (and my initial fare back of course!).......

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I really feel you are not going to get anything from the line, however you best bet would be write them a letter with your issues. To ask here is pointless, all you will get is as you already have seen.

Hypercafe,

You can't be serious...write them a letter??? What can they do about this??

J&S

You are looking marvelous in the you tube video. See you in May

Archived