Picture of the Royal Balconies

Psychedout

Thank Heaven for Cruisecritic and all of the members... who share their onboard experiences and information!! At least we have a "heads up" on what to expect!

You can say that again. We'd have been so bumed if we booked on the Regal...

We're booked in a MA minisuite under the seawalk for our Nov/Dec b2b and are excited to board the Royal. The beauty of 'different strokes' is that we can all find our own joy. Yes, the balconies are smaller. So we made sure to book one on the curve that provides better depth. Yes, folks walking above can look over and possibly see us all the way down on Caribe, but we can see them as well ;).

I doubt folks are going to stand there and stare at us, so it will be similar to balconies on other ships that are visible from the Promenade, like Carnival Dream, or from Lido aft, like many of the Princess ships. We'll just wave and continue enjoying our balcony, even if we have to sit on an angle to watch the beautiful ocean!

The main thing for us is that we will not be at work!! :D

I can think of a dozen of large corporations off the top of my head that do this all the time.

That's just silly. Businesses in the service industry don't alienate huge swaths of loyal customers when those customers have other places to go. Not sure what your goal is here, but reading the numerous threads on this topic reveals that many loyal Princess cruisers are moving their business away from Royal and over to other Princess ships or to other lines. Why don't you go stalk their posts and tell them that they are wrong or easily replaced in the market.

We are thinking of booking our 1st cruise on Princess. We have sailed RCI and carnival. My family always books balconies together and we open the dividers. Can u open the dividers on Princess? Specifically the Royal? Or any of their ships for that matter.

We didn't have our divider open but it certainly looked like they could be opened as there was a hook and catch to keep them open but I think they would just feel smaller then as it would make a corridor!

9045375437_ef51990d4b_o.jpg

Thank Heaven for Cruisecritic and all of the members... who share their onboard experiences and information!! At least we have a "heads up" on what to expect! :D I feel sorry for everyone (non-cruisecritic) who will be expecting a balcony and get a "shock" when they see the "Shelf" they have to sit on.

We are fortunate to have booked a Aft Deluxe Cabin for our Royal Princess Nov cruise... so we should have a larger balcony. Still not sure if it is partially covered though?? :confused:

I agree the brochures should be more accurate in describing cabins.

Pat :)

Baja and Dolphin appear to be partially covered. (Note how you can't see the top of the doorwalls in the photo)

And, thanks again billco for teaching me how to post a full size picture!)

We were on the first Preview sailing. I was shocked when I walked out on the balcony and found I couldn't face the sea without having my knees virtually against the glass.

We have now cancelled our Caribbean trip on the Royal for next year. The lack of deck space around the pools (and the lack of the aft pool), the cabanas at the retreat pool which will block views and take up space coupled with the tiny balconies means that I can't see a way to relax in the sunshine!

Word of warning too, don't go for Marina deck as the overhang is huge too!

RoyalPrincess2013020_zps02e620ce.jpg

WOW, that is truly a tiny balcony. Thanks for the heads up. I understand that the Norwegian Breakaway has the same tiny balconies. I was going to book the Royal, but not now. :mad: I like sitting on my balcony with my legs fully extended and a table for my drink. How disappointing. Cruise lines, please stop making these mega ships with tiny balconies. We will be boycotting those ships. Thanks CC for publishing the photo.

Thanks for the photo you seem to be a good sport.

That's just silly. Businesses in the service industry don't alienate huge swaths of loyal customers when those customers have other places to go. Not sure what your goal is here, but reading the numerous threads on this topic reveals that many loyal Princess cruisers are moving their business away from Royal and over to other Princess ships or to other lines. Why don't you go stalk their posts and tell them that they are wrong or easily replaced in the market.
Silly...yes I agree, but very true. I still don't understand where you are getting "huge swaths" of customers. As I mentioned in a prior post....cc members does NOT equal to a LARGE amount of Princess' customers. As for your last sentence...stalk?? Whatever:rolleyes: And if that was a question....well the truth is they most likely are very easily replaced. Happy cruising on the grand class ships!

9045375437_ef51990d4b_o.jpg

There's something odd about this "picture" to me. I can find a total of 5 people in the whole frame!! :confused:

Is it really a 'picture' or an artist's rendering of what was supposed to be??

If only a rendering, then nothing about it can be taken as real... ie size of balcony, overhangs etc. On some of the center balconies I see chairs placed where it's supposedly 'dead space' - therefore making these balconys appear larger. Everything just seems too 'staged' for me. Have searched and cannot find another picture of the aft section of the ship to compare with.

Is it my imagination or are the balconies on lower levels larger? We're in a mini on Riviera and in looking at the deck plans, it appears the balconies on Baja and Aloha decks are larger. :eek:

There's something odd about this "picture" to me. I can find a total of 5 people in the whole frame!! :confused:

If only a rendering, then nothing about it can be taken as real... ie size of balcony, overhangs etc. On some of the center balconies I see chairs placed where it's supposedly 'dead space' - therefore making these balconys appear larger. Everything just seems too 'staged' for me. Have searched and cannot find another picture of the aft section of the ship to compare with.

I think it is a rendering because everything is placed just too perfect..

Mike:)

It's a picture from the "Everything Looking Forward to on Royal" thread that Dave blew up from the crossing from the shipyard to Southampton.

The only people on board were staff and some of their families.

As far as I know it's a photo,not a rendering.

If I have time I'll find the location of the original photo.

It's a picture from the "Everything Looking Forward to on Royal" thread that Dave blew up from the crossing from the shipyard to Southampton.

The only people on board were staff and some of their families.

As far as I know it's a photo,not a rendering.

If I have time I'll find the location of the original photo.

Thanks Karen.

Royal Princess as she departed down the Solent this afternoon...

9001378521_90c64d7dcf_b.jpg

(Credit picture to Ciaran Culligan)

Stern view as she headed off on her first Preview Cruise...

9001600139_996d459838_b.jpg

(Credit picture to Jim Croucher)

It wasn't as hard as I thought but I had to go back about 40 pages in that thread. (Did it in 10s)

These aren't the actual originals he used but you get the idea.

He blew up a photo and added cabin numbers.

Edited by chamima

It wasn't as hard as I thought but I had to go back about 40 pages in that thread. (Did it in 10s)

These aren't the actual originals he used but you get the idea.

He blew up a photo and added cabin numbers.

Thanks Karen.... much better pics.

Hi toberman,

Not sure why you would think I would use a fake picture and put peoples cabin numbers on it. As an FYI that is an actual picture of the ship. It was taken very, very late in the evening (note the very long drawn out shadows), and while the ship was heading out to sea after leaving the Solent on June 9th. I don't imagine too many people were still topside and were below decks getting ready for the first gala evening aboard. And the reason everything looks so 'staged' is because it was. Since it was the first departure and they had excellent weather compared to her arrival into Southampton, they wanted aerials taken so it would look 'pretty for the pictures'.

Here is a link to the rest of the pictures in that set...

http://www.royalprincesspresspictures.co.uk/?Action=_VC&id=128955802&ppp=0&ppwd=royalprincessnaming

Hi toberman,

Not sure why you would think I would use a fake picture and put peoples cabin numbers on it. As an FYI that is an actual picture of the ship. It was taken very, very late in the evening (note the very long drawn out shadows), and while the ship was heading out to sea after leaving the Solent on June 9th. I don't imagine too many people were still topside and were below decks getting ready for the first gala evening aboard. And the reason everything looks so 'staged' is because it was. Since it was the first departure and they had excellent weather compared to her arrival into Southampton, they wanted aerials taken so it would look 'pretty for the pictures'.

Here is a link to the rest of the pictures in that set...

http://www.royalprincesspresspictures.co.uk/?Action=_VC&id=128955802&ppp=0&ppwd=royalprincessnaming

Thanks for joining in here, Dave!

And toberman, I've asked over and over (and over again ! ) if anyone has seen these balconies and if they are indeed larger than Princess says on the deck plans. Still waiting for an answer.

toberman never used the term "fake picture" but rather "artist rendering" of which there were many in the "Everything Royal Princess" thread.

Mike:)

The insinuation was still there, that whatever it was, was not a real picture. Anyone who knows or followed the 'Everything' thread would be able to differentiate that between an artist rendering and and actual photograph. And never once did I use an artist rendering when pointing out or labeling staterooms or balconies. :cool:

I was thinking about giving princess a try with this ship, but after our last 2 balconies (Independence of the Seas and Celebrity Eclipse) I think we'll have to pass :(

Independence of the Seas E2 Balcony (Cheapest Balcony Class)

20130108_183019.jpg

Royal Princess

1371043363025-RoyalPrincess-288-1306120929_3_4_r383_c0-0-380-510.jpg?50fc00bf5ab7468a0e0d29f64f706e982e0d3912

Celebrity Eclipse 1B (middle of the road balcony)

IMG_0795.JPG

Sorry guys, I think Princess went backwards on this one.....

I was thinking about giving princess a try with this ship, but after our last 2 balconies (Independence of the Seas and Celebrity Eclipse) I think we'll have to pass :(

Don't give up on the entire cruise line. There are plenty of Grand-class ships to choose from that have gigantic balconies.

Here's the original.

It's post 4571 on page 229 of that thread.

I was just on a Carnival (Inspiration) cruise (4 night), (twice in the last 30 days) and during the first inspection, she had a ton of loungers... If I would have counted, my estimate is that from what I see in this photo, (and the loungers that are missing on each grass area) I would say that the Inspiration has about 4x more. Wowzer. Just a random thought. I am sure she is a great ship, hoever space in the sun, seems lacking from what we can see here versus the guest ratio/size of ship.

Just to be clear, I mean near the pool, etc.

Edited by surfergirle