23 Sept 2013 - Hawaiian Solstice - LOSE 2 CRUISE.

MicCanberra

The scale finally moved this week in the right direction! I show a

loss of 1.8 lbs this week

for a total loss of 4.4 lbs since June 1.

I hate to get caught up with numbers on the scale to measure success, but unfortunately that's how I was raised.

I've been enjoying lots of fresh produce lately. Walking into the backyard and picking ripe figs off the tree for an after dinner treat has been fun. Of course, David has been going a step further by preparing his with rum poured over them and putting the whole thing over vanilla ice cream. So far I've resisted his method....I'm a purist after all.

Great job! The fresh figs sound so delicious! Yum!

The scale finally moved this week in the right direction! I show a

loss of 1.8 lbs this week

for a total loss of 4.4 lbs since June 1.

I hate to get caught up with numbers on the scale to measure success, but unfortunately that's how I was raised.

I've been enjoying lots of fresh produce lately. Walking into the backyard and picking ripe figs off the tree for an after dinner treat has been fun. Of course, David has been going a step further by preparing his with rum poured over them and putting the whole thing over vanilla ice cream. So far I've resisted his method....I'm a purist after all.

Well done, keep up the good work.:D

CC Name.......Loss (this week)....Total loss (since 1 June 2013)

MicCanberra..........................0.8kg........ ........................2.1Kg(4.6lbs);

RosieCanberra...................... 0.7kg.......... ......................2.9kgs(6.4lbs);

Bagelme...............................1lbs...... .. ..........................11lbs (5kgs);

Marsda.................................1.8lbs....... ............................4.4lbs (2kgs);

WV4891...............................0lbs....... .. ..........................2.5lbs (1.1kgs);

Spinnychick..........................0lbs....... .. ..........................7lbs (3.2kgs);

Betzjohn..............................0lbs........ ...........................3lbs (1.3kgs);

Chefcaw...............................0lbs...... .. ...........................1.5lbs (0.7kgs);

Gumbypee............................0lbs......... ..........................2lbs (0.9kgs);

Circman52............................0lbs....... .. ..........................0.1lbs (0.05kgs);

Good luck everyone

cheers mic :D

Edited by MicCanberra

Well I seem to be spinning my wheels here. up 1/2 pound this week.:(

Never mind.:D

MicCanberra..........................0.8kg........ ........................2.1Kg(4.6lbs);

RosieCanberra...................... 0.7kg.......... ......................2.9kgs(6.4lbs);

Bagelme...............................1lbs...... .. ..........................11lbs (5kgs);

Marsda.................................1.8lbs..... .. ............................4.4lbs (2kgs);

WV4891...............................-0.5lbs....... .. ..........................2.0lbs (0.9kgs);

Spinnychick..........................0lbs....... .. ..........................7lbs (3.2kgs);

Betzjohn..............................0lbs........ ...........................3lbs (1.3kgs);

Chefcaw...............................0lbs...... .. ...........................1.5lbs (0.7kgs);

Gumbypee............................0lbs......... ..........................2lbs (0.9kgs);

Circman52............................0lbs....... .. ..........................0.1lbs (0.05kgs);

Good luck everyone

I gained a pound this week. :D

Keep at it, weight gain if it due to toning is good as well.:D

Marsda.................................1.8lbs..... .. ............................4.4lbs (2kgs);

WV4891...............................-0.5lbs....... .. ..........................2.0lbs (0.9kgs);

Spinnychick..........................-1lbs....... .. ..........................6lbs (2.7kgs);

Good luck everyone

I don't think I'm toning right now lol. Had a dizzy spell and passed out and took a bad fall so unable to work out the past few days due to bruising and soreness, can barely sit down lol. Maybe the pound gain is from swelling lol.

I don't think I'm toning right now lol. Had a dizzy spell and passed out and took a bad fall so unable to work out the past few days due to bruising and soreness, can barely sit down lol. Maybe the pound gain is from swelling lol.

Oooohhhh....so sorry to hear that you hurt yourself. Take care of yourself, young lady. Got a cruise coming up!

Pat

Oh - and I lost 3 lbs this week. Guess the interval training finally kicked in. That and the fact that when I want my red wine at night I tell myself to hold off and it will taste so much better when I can sip it on the open seas in sept :). Mic - know this has to be a nightmare for you keeping up w ups and downs. I can hardly do my own numbers. Thanks!

Oh - and I lost 3 lbs this week. Guess the interval training finally kicked in. That and the fact that when I want my red wine at night I tell myself to hold off and it will taste so much better when I can sip it on the open seas in sept :). Mic - know this has to be a nightmare for you keeping up w ups and downs. I can hardly do my own numbers. Thanks!

Well done, I am keeping track of the gains and losses with a word document, so no need to worry. Just let me know if it doesn't tally with your particular records for total loss.:D

Spinnychick..........................-1lbs....... .. ..........................6lbs (2.7kgs);

Betzjohn..............................3lbs........ ...........................5lbs (2.3kgs);

Good luck everyone

No change for me this week.:D

MicCanberra..........................0kg........ ........................2.1Kg(4.6lbs);

RosieCanberra........................0kg.......... ......................2.9kgs(6.4lbs);

Bagelme...............................0lbs...... .. ..........................11lbs (5kgs);

Marsda.................................0lbs..... .. ............................4.4lbs (2kgs);

WV4891...............................0lbs....... .. ..........................2.0lbs (0.9kgs);

Spinnychick..........................0lbs....... .. ..........................6lbs (2.7kgs);

Betzjohn..............................0lbs........ ...........................5lbs (2.3kgs);

Good luck everyone

At an 8 pound loss, have been walking 2 - 3 times a day this past week as still too sore to do floor exercises. Ploddding along well. Congrats to all those who are trying to eat a bit better, exercise a bit more and everything!

You guys are doing so fantastic! Please add me to your group. I have been working at losing, but think I need to add in exercise. I weighed this morning again. I was on prednisone for 4 years for an autoimmune disease that is now in remission. I gained weight while on prednisone and it is very hard to get it off. Hoping I can make a dent in the 7 weeks we have left. Yes, I do take several sizes of clothes on cruises and wear the smaller ones first. I always have a problem with swelling, so that does not help. I am going to start walking a half hour in the beginning and will do swimnastics 3 times a week.

You guys are doing so fantastic! Please add me to your group. I have been working at losing, but think I need to add in exercise. I weighed this morning again. I was on prednisone for 4 years for an autoimmune disease that is now in remission. I gained weight while on prednisone and it is very hard to get it off. Hoping I can make a dent in the 7 weeks we have left. Yes, I do take several sizes of clothes on cruises and wear the smaller ones first. I always have a problem with swelling, so that does not help. I am going to start walking a half hour in the beginning and will do swimnastics 3 times a week.

Welcome to the group!

I can relate to the prednisone issue....my daughter has pemphigus (also auto-immune) and has had to deal with the side effects of that drug for a few years and she's only 29 yrs old. I, myself, have only bad eating habits to blame for my own weight issues. Been yo-yo-ing for 50 years, unfortunately.

Pat

Welcome to the group!

I can relate to the prednisone issue....my daughter has pemphigus (also auto-immune) and has had to deal with the side effects of that drug for a few years and she's only 29 yrs old. I, myself, have only bad eating habits to blame for my own weight issues. Been yo-yo-ing for 50 years, unfortunately.

Pat

A lot of blame on prednisone and thyroid issues but , in truth, I do not try to diet on cruises or in Jan & Feb when we are in Florida. So for the last 10 years it has been a struggle.:)

At an 8 pound loss, have been walking 2 - 3 times a day this past week as still too sore to do floor exercises. Ploddding along well. Congrats to all those who are trying to eat a bit better, exercise a bit more and everything!

Well done Spinnychick, keep it up.:D

Lost only .5 lb this week, but that's ok. Have come to the point, where I can actually feel a difference.

We're all doing so good! Pat

Down 1/2 pound here this week. Seem to be playing tag with that 1/2 pound.:D

Well done to both of you as well, stay focussed.:D

Welcome to the LOSE 2 CRUISE, I am glad to hear of your recovery and yes weight gained due to medication can be tough to shift.:D

No change for Rosie either this week. Welcome to Honeybear hollow and well done to all those who lost this week.:D

MicCanberra..........................0kg........ ........................2.1Kg(4.6lbs);

RosieCanberra........................0kg.......... ......................2.9kgs(6.4lbs);

Bagelme...............................0.5lbs...... .. ..........................11.5lbs (5.2kgs);

Marsda.................................0lbs..... .. ............................4.4lbs (2kgs);

WV4891...............................0.5lbs....... .. ..........................2.5lbs (1.1kgs);

Spinnychick..........................2lbs....... .. ..........................8lbs (3.6kgs);

Betzjohn..............................0lbs........ ...........................5lbs (2.3kgs);

Honeybearhollow...................0lbs....................................0lbs (0kgs);

Good luck everyone