23 Sept 2013 - Hawaiian Solstice - LOSE 2 CRUISE.

MicCanberra

Two pounds lost for me this week...happy with this ongoing progress. Guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing....would like to get in a bit more exercise.

Well done:D

CC Name.......Loss (this week)....Total loss (since 1 June 2013)

MicCanberra..........................0kg........ ........................2.1Kg(4.6lbs);

RosieCanberra........................0kg.......... ......................2.9kgs(6.4lbs);

Bagelme...............................2lbs...... .. ..........................16.5lbs (7.5kgs);

Marsda.................................0.6lbs..... .. ............................5.8lbs (2.6kgs);

Honeybearhollow...................2lbs............ ........................2lbs (0.9kgs);

Spinnychick..........................2lbs....... .. ..........................10lbs (4.5kgs);

Betzjohn..............................0lbs........ ...........................7lbs (3.2kgs);

WV4891...............................0lbs....... .. ..........................2.5lbs (1.1kgs);

ChiGal1962..........................0lbs.......... ...........................10.2lbs (4.6kgs);

Chefcaw...............................0lbs...... .. ...........................1.5lbs (0.7kgs);

Gumbypee............................0lbs......... ..........................2lbs (0.9kgs);

Circman52............................0lbs....... .. ..........................0.1lbs (0.05kgs);

Good luck everyone

cheers mic :D

Bill - a tankini is a bikini, but the top actually goes down to cover the belly. Essentially is is a one piece cut in half. I am too tall to wear a one piece, they are made too short in the torso. And with the weight I've lost my belly has turned into one of those wrinkle dogs lol, so I will wear my bikini sometimes but feel more comfortable in a tankini. Sheesh, guys have it so easy in selecting a swimsuit. Girls have 500 thousand to try from, they all look horrible and they cost an arm and a leg.

I'm at a total loss of 11, but don't tell DH or he will have my head on a platter. I was only supposed to lose 5 and tone the rest but this dratted disease is getting the best of me lately and I can't seem to keep anything on. I sure gain easily enough while cruising though, generally a pound a day. Does everyone else gain while cruising?

HaHa, is the Pope Catholic? Do wild bears do something in the woods. Do fat babies f@rt? :D

I sure gain easily enough while cruising though, generally a pound a day. Does everyone else gain while cruising?

Ok, I feel educated today, I now know what a tankini is.

Edited by wv4891

I'm at a total loss of 11, but don't tell DH or he will have my head on a platter. I was only supposed to lose 5 and tone the rest but this dratted disease is getting the best of me lately and I can't seem to keep anything on. I sure gain easily enough while cruising though, generally a pound a day. Does everyone else gain while cruising?

Well done and yes, that is why I do a L2C first so I can indulge without getting guilty.:D

MicCanberra..........................0kg........ ........................2.1Kg(4.6lbs);

RosieCanberra........................0kg.......... ......................2.9kgs(6.4lbs);

Bagelme...............................2lbs...... .. ..........................16.5lbs (7.5kgs);

Spinnychick..........................1lbs....... .. ..........................11lbs (5kgs);

Marsda.................................0lbs..... .. ............................5.8lbs (2.6kgs);

Honeybearhollow...................0lbs............ ........................2lbs (0.9kgs);

Betzjohn..............................0lbs........ ...........................7lbs (3.2kgs);

WV4891...............................0lbs....... .. ..........................2.5lbs (1.1kgs);

ChiGal1962..........................0lbs.......... ...........................10.2lbs (4.6kgs);

Chefcaw...............................0lbs...... .. ...........................1.5lbs (0.7kgs);

Gumbypee............................0lbs......... ..........................2lbs (0.9kgs);

Circman52............................0lbs....... .. ..........................0.1lbs (0.05kgs);

Good luck everyone

Lost 2 pounds this week AND I walked every day. The walking was hard but remembered that Marsha was walking every day, so I decided it was the least I could do. Wish I had joined this group in June!:)

Well done , don't worry about the late start, it is all going to help.

BTW, you can always do a "LOSE due 2 a Cruise" afterwards.:D

Spinnychick..........................1lbs....... .. ..........................11lbs (5kgs);

Honeybearhollow...................2lbs............ ........................4lbs (1.8kgs);

Marsda.................................0lbs..... .. ............................5.8lbs (2.6kgs);

Good luck everyone

Well done , don't worry about the late start, it is all going to help.

BTW, you can always do a "LOSE due 2 a Cruise" afterwards.:D

Honeybearhollow...................2lbs............ ........................4lbs (1.8kgs);

Good luck everyone

LOL Mic. I am planning to stay on this program AFTER this cruise for the next cruise which is Feb 2014. Anyone else cruising next spring that wants to join me? Yes, I can easily gain a pound a day on a cruise. Hoping for at least a break-even.

LOL Mic. I am planning to stay on this program AFTER this cruise for the next cruise which is Feb 2014. Anyone else cruising next spring that wants to join me? Yes, I can easily gain a pound a day on a cruise. Hoping for at least a break-even.

After a month at sea, I will also need to start a new L2C for my Antarctica cruise in February 2014. The worst thing is Xmas is smack bang in the middle of it.:D

Does everyone else gain while cruising?

Actually, I usually don't. But that's partly because I start at a higher level than most, if not all, of you! (Let's just say, if they make bikinis or tankinis in my size, well, they shouldn't!!)

And on cruises, I'm walking a LOT more than in my normal life. Plus, even though I order 4 courses at every dinner, I don't feel the need to finish every plate, because I know there is more the next day. Of course, the portions aren't exactly large, which again, is fine with me!

I don't expect to lose weight on the cruise, but I hope to come back at right around the same place I get there.

LOL Mic. I am planning to stay on this program AFTER this cruise for the next cruise which is Feb 2014. Anyone else cruising next spring that wants to join me?

Ooh, apparently I need to find a spring cruise to book ... because of course, it will be more incentive to keep on the weight loss track ;)

I'm all for continuing the group efforts! I do usually gain on a cruise, but I'm hoping to be a little "smarter" in every respect when choosing foods. Don't get me wrong....I won't be depriving myself of yummy foods. I have another cruise the following month after this one, and I don't want to be yo-yo-ing constantly....like I have already been doing most of my adult life. :rolleyes:

Keep at it gang....we can do it....the main thing is to just be a bit healthier and happier each day!

Pat :)

Down 1 more lb this week :) TOTAL = 8.

And I used to gain about 10 lbs on a cruise but since I got my Lapband it prevents me from overeating so I don't gain anymore. So I still order lots of different things at meals but usually not any bread, rice, pasta or potatoes (they don't slide down very well) and then I am forced to only eat small amounts of the entree and the desserts. But at least I get to try everything! ALSO - on our last cruise I tried to explain to our waiter that I have a medical condition that forces me to eat small servings & could he just bring me 1/2 servings so as not to waste food. He said they couldn't do that! It would be easier to throw the rest away than to try to not serve it in the first place???? I wonder if children get smaller servings???

Honeybearhollow - I'm game for working at it again to lose what we gain onboard for the Feb cruise. We'll also have the Christmas season to get through with all the holiday nibbles!

Great! It would be nice if we had a group. Christmas and Jan. are bad times for me (Jan. because we are in Florida and I have temptations like crab legs and coconut shrimp, etc.-so hard to resist.)

I hope your health problems improve, Deanna. Wow! Everyone is doing really well this week.

Down 1 more lb this week :) TOTAL = 8.

And I used to gain about 10 lbs on a cruise but since I got my Lapband it prevents me from overeating so I don't gain anymore. So I still order lots of different things at meals but usually not any bread, rice, pasta or potatoes (they don't slide down very well) and then I am forced to only eat small amounts of the entree and the desserts. But at least I get to try everything! ALSO - on our last cruise I tried to explain to our waiter that I have a medical condition that forces me to eat small servings & could he just bring me 1/2 servings so as not to waste food. He said they couldn't do that! It would be easier to throw the rest away than to try to not serve it in the first place???? I wonder if children get smaller servings???

Keep at it, you are doing well.

Most people seem to be going well and losing steadily. I seem to have plateaued but have lost some girth, down another belt notch.

Rosie and I have been entertaining with guests for the last couple of weekends, so it has been tough with the alcohol and snacks, luckily we haven't gained. :D

Betzjohn..............................1lbs........ ...........................8lbs (3.6kgs);

Good luck everyone

Hope everyone is having a good week. I am trying a new recipe in the crockpot tomorrow for taco chicken chili. I love chili, and it seems quite healthy so will have that to snack on over the weekend. Does anyone else find weekends harder than weekdays?

See post #154 for my answer. :D

Hope everyone is having a good week. I am trying a new recipe in the crockpot tomorrow for taco chicken chili. I love chili, and it seems quite healthy so will have that to snack on over the weekend. Does anyone else find weekends harder than weekdays?

We have a cruise booked in January, the QE from Ny to SF. We are on vacation now; I want to lose about 15 pounds and will be Starting when we get back on Sunday.

Welcome to this L2C, as our cruise is in around 5 weeks time, (doesn't give us a lot of time), but if you eat healthily and exercise regularly the weight will come off. :D

Weigh in day today .... another 1.4 down! 11.6 in total now.

Birthday tomorrow and a block party on Saturday, so a bit of a challenging week ahead!

Good stuff, stay strong and be disciplined without the denial (it only makes you want it more).

I will update the list on Monday when most of us weigh in.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Forgot to report in last Monday! My weigh in days for Weight Watchers online is Friday, so it's easier for me to use that number. So I've lost a total of 8.8 lbs since June 1st as of this morning. I'm in a really good mood this morning because I reached a weight loss milestone on Weight Watchers. At my doctor's advice, I started Weight Watchers on April 3rd. The main reason (outside the obvious that I'm overweight) was to get my diabetes under control. So my glucose readings now are in the normal range (97-100) every morning AND my total weight loss since April 3rd is now 20.2 lbs. I'm feeling great and thankful for all of you in this platform working toward the same goal! Have a great weekend everyone!