Allure Embarkation/Debarkation Delay Notification

Just received this e-mail regarding my Allure sailing Sunday....anyone else hear about this lately or receive similar for a sailing out of Port Everglades just recently.

The following is a message from Celebrity Cruises Emergency Notification System...

We are contacting you with important information regarding your upcoming sailing on the Allure of the Seas on June 23, out of Fort Lauderdale. Due to recent government budget reductions, U.S. Customs and Border Protection staffing has been affected, creating a longer immigration processing time for departing guests, and the ship has experienced a later clearance time for arriving guests. Therefore, please do not arrive at the cruise terminal prior to 12:30 p.m. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sailed allure in May(and received same email) and getting on wasn't a problem, boarded around 11:15 I think but getting off was really bad. we originally had a a 830am departure but didn't actually leave ship until 10:45 and I know there was a lot people after us. so I am assuming the next people didn't get on till closer to noon... I think it all depends

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sailed allure in May(and received same email) and getting on wasn't a problem, boarded around 11:15 I think but getting off was really bad. we originally had a a 830am departure but didn't actually leave ship until 10:45 and I know there was a lot people after us. so I am assuming the next people didn't get on till closer to noon... I think it all depends

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am curious, what did you do while you were waiting to get off? I am spoiled by Disney and so how they have it worked out where you just walk off. I know Allure is bigger and that creates different issues but other ships have delays getting off too.

Didn't receive an email for our May 12th sailing on Allure, but a SMS message saying the same thing, didn't take any notice as we were already on our way to port when the SMS arrived!

Apparently according to RCI announcements in the terminal there was a slight delay with disembarking passengers, but nothing major, we were still aboard by 11:45.

Disembarkation was no problem either, but I believe there weren't many other ships in port (maybe 1 I think) on that day.

For our 5/5 sailing on Allure, the boarding did not start until after noon. It also took MUCH longer to get off the ship through customs at Port Everglades compared to the time we sailed through there before (maybe an extra hour or so).

Thanks for the responses.....I was just curious as I never seen this notice before and have sailed a dozen X's out of terminal 18 on Oasis/Allure....but not since last year. I was just off Enchantment this past Monday and it was the easiest/fastest embarkation/immigration process I can remember....so was just surprised on the timing of this notification.

anybody just off Oasis/Allure this past weekend that can fill us in???

We just got off the Allure and it was very easy to embark and disembark. We did use the luggage valet for the 1st time and so we did not leave the ship until around 9:40am, but it moved rather quickly. We got to the ship around 11:10 and got to enter around 11:40.

anybody just off Oasis/Allure this past weekend that can fill us in???

We got that same notification before our 4/28 cruise and she boarded and disembarked at the normal times.

Archived