Diamonds in December, NOT this year!

[quote name='beachnative']More reliable information is popping up out there that there will NOT be a Diamonds in December this year.

We are doing a Transatlantic in November. We then turn around an have a B2B2B (21-nights) scheduled in December. This will be a good year to stay home and enjoy the pre-Christmas activities for a change.[/QUOTE]

You had 21 days booked in December but because there will be no DID this year you are not taking theses cruises now? Did you book them just for the points? Aren't you already D+?

[quote name='Beachin2']Gee - feel entitled much?

How about you [B]EARN [/B]your points the RIGHT way - pay for EACH night - or do a JS or higher if you want double.

Stop B*/griping when someone takes your "unearned" gift away. Gawd I just HATE the younger "It's all about me" generation.[/QUOTE]

hahaha...and you are certain the poster isn't an older person? ...hahaha

[quote name='Beachin2']Gee - feel entitled much?

How about you [B]EARN [/B]your points the RIGHT way - pay for EACH night - or do a JS or higher if you want double.

Stop B*/griping when someone takes your "unearned" gift away. Gawd I just HATE the younger "It's all about me" generation.[/quote]

I AGREE! I LOVE Royal, its ships, activities, and food. If I want the extra points, I will pony up for the JS or above. Yes, I'll miss it but it sure isn't the reason I'm cruising Royal! Give them a break and wait to see what's in store next. We don't know that yet!!!! I hope that means that you and others like you are leaving more room for those of us who are Loyal to Royal.

Royal came out with a new program that relieves the conjestion in the DL & CL.
I will be using the program in November.

[B]Premium Beverage Package
[/B]Now I can get ready for dinner and sit on the promenade and watch everyone. My drinks are at a reduced rate if I drink enough everyday.

On many ships the CL is so small its hard to find a seat.

With the new PBP sure I am spending $55 a day. But I can sit anywhere.

I generally would tip at least $30 a day in the CL. Now I take that 30 subtract it from the 55 and spend 25 more to drink anywhere all day and all night.

I will stop in the CL but the PBP is the best thing RCCL brought out.

But since I am cruising in November...:rolleyes:[U][I][B][COLOR=Blue]NIGHTS IN NOVEMBER[/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]:p would be Cool:eek::D

[quote name='mommabean']I didn't know what to say to that. $30 a day to a bartender/server for drinks? :eek: I thought that would be more like a week.

Gina[/quote]
me too..........guess we're cheap;)

[quote name='Zou Bisou Bisou']You had 21 days booked in December but because there will be no DID this year you are not taking theses cruises now? Did you book them just for the points? Aren't you already D+?[/QUOTE]

NO, I didn't book the three cruises for the points. We have already completed 10 cruises this year and have 10 more booked for 2013 (actually a total of 25 booked for the future; all RCCL). We don't cruise for the points we cruise because we like to cruise and have the time and resources to do it. Our wedding anniversary is in December and we have been cruising in December to celebrate it.

We are "addicted" to Royal Caribbean and seldom look elsewhere. However, Gambee did a great review on the NCL Breakaway and the ship looked interesting but we prefer RCCL. We are fairly close to the "Pinnacle" level and the extra points would have been nice. However, without DID there is no reason not to switch the cruises to some other sailings or cancel them all together and do a B2B on the Breakaway and a show or two on Broadway.

DID is a nice addition to the Royal Caribbean program, but without it we feel like doing something other than what we have booked. With DID we would be inclined to do the B2B2B that we have booked on the Freedom.

FWIW, who doesn't like a bonus? I know I do. However, it's a bonus, and this particular one was never promised. It doesn't seem like I, or anyone else, should be complaining. I did book a B2B for next December, in the hopes that DiD would be taking place. It's not, oh well, I still need some points, maybe I'll make it a B2B2B. This does not seem worth pitching a fit over. Just my $0.02.

Sure I'll miss the double points and booked a December cruise partially in the hope that there would be a DID event.

The only thing RCCL could have done better was to announce last December that it would be the final year of the promotion. That would have removed all uncertainty and elimated the griping.

[quote name='yogimax']Sure I'll miss the double points and booked a December cruise partially in the hope that there would be a DID event.

The only thing RCCL could have done better was to announce last December that it would be the final year of the promotion. That would have removed all uncertainty and elimated the griping.[/quote]

I was waiting to read all of the post first then make your point.
I have sailed during DID before and have a cruise booked for this Dec., trying to make D+. This cruise may get cancelled by me, I was looking at booking another cruise in Dec., that may not get booked now. If RCL would have said after last years DID that it would be the last one it would have been better. This way people wouldn't make plans thinking that RCL would continue with DID.
To all of the people who have not made Diamond, remember, we all started out as Gold.

[quote name='hannibal54']
To all of the people who have not made Diamond, remember, we all started out as Gold.[/quote]
Actually, when I first started cruising with RCCL in 2001,it was silver for your first cruise..Twice you become gold....:D

[quote name='Starry Eyes']Are you really thinking of going from Virginia to NYC to sail Breakaway in December? I live in Wisconsin where winters are cold, and still, I say Brrr. I have sailed from NYC in December twice and encountered cold weather and rough seas. Understand why locals do it. I felt I was a bit nutty to fly east to catch the ship. But I cannot imagine leaving the south to catch a ship for the north. How about Breakaway in a warmer month? or waiting for her soon to be released sister Getaway?[/QUOTE]

I don't mind explaining.
Having lived my entire life in Virginia Beach and seeing very little snow and harsh weather, sailing out of NYC in December in the middle of a blizzard would be a lot of fun!!!! We have taken several family trips to NYC during December over the years to experience the Christmas decorations and shows and we enjoyed them the most when the weather was cold and harsh. In January, on the last night of our B2B2B2B (Enchantment) we got several inches of snow while returning to Baltimore and we loved it because it was different.

We can go to the beach and enjoy the day during 6 or more months out of the year. I haven't been in the pool on a ship or in the water on an island in several years because it is just like being at home. We cruise because we enjoy the ship, the food, and the people. For us, sailing out of NYC in December would be fun. Sailing out of Florida in the middle of the winter would be the "same old same old" cruise weather that we encounter most of the time.

We are booked on a B2B on the Quantum for December 2014. She will be carrying plenty of other "crazy" people like us.:cool:

It is amusing to read posts that question my sanity for taking a particular cruise, especially when it is alien to what the poster would do and also when they don't realize how many cruises we take each year..:D

[quote name='Cigar King']FWIW, I have cruised with this couple. Super nice folks, and there's no way they're booking cruises just for the points.[/QUOTE]

Hi Roger,
Thanks for the compliment. :)You must have a low threshold for someone being "super nice folks":D:D or either we have you fooled. I've read your posts on other treads hoping that I'll find out that we will be cruising with you again.

I don't mind explaining.

Having lived my entire life in Virginia Beach and seeing very little snow and harsh weather, sailing out of NYC in December in the middle of a blizzard would be a lot of fun!!!! We have taken several family trips to NYC during December over the years to experience the Christmas decorations and shows and we enjoyed them the most when the weather was cold and harsh. In January, on the last night of our B2B2B2B (Enchantment) we got several inches of snow while returning to Baltimore and we loved it because it was different.

We can go to the beach and enjoy the day during 6 or more months out of the year. I haven't been in the pool on a ship or in the water on an island in several years because it is just like being at home. We cruise because we enjoy the ship, the food, and the people. For us, sailing out of NYC in December would be fun. Sailing out of Florida in the middle of the winter would be the "same old same old" cruise weather that we encounter most of the time.

We are booked on a B2B on the Quantum for December 2014. She will be carrying plenty of other "crazy" people like us.:cool:

It is amusing to read posts that question my sanity for taking a particular cruise, especially when it is alien to what the poster would do and also when they don't realize how many cruises we take each year..:D

Well, having lived most of my years in the northern US, I have seen lots and lots of snow. It is, umm, refreshing to hear somebody who thinks a blizzard is fun.

I did not mean to question your sanity, though I fully admit people at home did question my sanity when I sailed out of the NY metro area in winter. One of our December NYC cruises was a spur of the moment trip where we got a great deal on airfare and a great deal on a suite. The great prices and the fact the weather forecast was just as bad at home made the cold bearable. And it was cold, even in FL. The holiday decorations were nice. Last December, we did a ten nighter on EOS. We had wonderful cabins, a great price, and DID. On the return trip, we hit really nasty weather. There were lots of seasick people and we arrived several hours late, causing upset to some passengers. DH and I are experienced cruisers, and we just rolled with it. I imagine you will be as well. Pack warm clothes and enjoy the cruise. If you do not get snow, contact me so I can send you some;). We always have plenty to spare:eek:.

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the compliment. :)You must have a low threshold for someone being "super nice folks":D:D or either we have you fooled. I've read your posts on other treads hoping that I'll find out that we will be cruising with you again.

Well, I am from Chicago. ;-) We'll meet up again one of these times. Enjoy your cruising.

More reliable information is popping up out there that there will NOT be a Diamonds in December this year.

We are doing a Transatlantic in November. We then turn around an have a B2B2B (21-nights) scheduled in December. This will be a good year to stay home and enjoy the pre-Christmas activities for a change.

Maybe we will stay home also. We booked the B2B in Dec for the extra credits. Normally it makes more since to go in Jan or March for us because of flights. Considering cancelling. It would make much more since for RCCL to announce cancelling the 2014 program. Killing the 2013 event will just get people mad since people were expecting the event would continue. We just did a b2b and could have booked a JS to get points to get to D+ if we knew in advance about the event cancellation. Really bumbed.

Gary

I cancelled. Very disappointing. We booked 3 cruises onboard because we were told there would be DinD this year. The cruises would have been fun but now I will split them up between October and February. Too bad for Royal Caribbean, I probably would have taken 6 otherwise.

Archived