Martini Flight

urkidn

On the premium package they charge you the difference so we paid $3 for a flight -on the classic they don't do the difference, they charge you the full $15 - but you can do 6 full size ones in a row for free - although I would not be able to stand up if I did that

Why not? Of couse you can purchase the martini flight with the beverage package, but it is not included in the beverage package. :D

To answer what you meant to ask unfortunately you have to pay extra. The same is for any seminars or tastings. Same for the bar and water in your cabin.

As suggested just order the different martinis. If you are with your spouse or trusted friend(s) order different drinks and share. Or talk to the BT telling him (her) what you want to do, slip a few portraits of presidents and request smaller portions.

Another option would be to get a group of 6 together and order 6 different drinks. Then everyone ask for a another separate glass. Take the martini and pour a sample into each glass. Continue doing that. Would make for a fun night or a good activity before dinner for one round.

Have fun and enjoy ;)

If you do a martini flight, make sure you ask for a show! At first the bartender poured 4 of us martinis on a little tray. When my friend asked about the fancy show, a different bartender came on duty, poured out the ones on trays and did a GREAT show! He was flipping bottles all over and stacked 24 martini shakers together. Then he put 24 glasses at all different heights and, holding all 24 shakers, poured the 24 mini martinis at once! The crowd went nuts!! It drew a large crowd and I am sure they sold way more drinks. It was super fun and cool.

On the premium package they charge you the difference so we paid $3 for a flight -on the classic they don't do the difference, they charge you the full $15 - but you can do 6 full size ones in a row for free - although I would not be able to stand up if I did that

And the problem is ? :p

Yes, you most definitely can order the Martini Flight if you have the Premium Package, and simply pay the difference. We did that on the Equinox. It was fun watching the "show" but to tell you the truth, we found out we much preferred the Molecular Bar martinis with all their healthful ingredients. Live and learn!

That is exactly why I order the flight, for the show! I was on Eclipse last year and it was so much fun but I didn't have a beverage package then. The last time I sailed with a pkg was shortly after it was introduced and you were not allowed to pay the difference (even with the premium). We are traveling with first time X'ers so I have this on our must do list. I just wanted to know if you could do it with the up charge or if it had some kind of special exclusion.

I wish Infinity had a Molecular Bar because I really enjoyed a couple of the drinks there, especially the Coming up Roses, I believe it was called, delish! Are any of those available on the M class ships? I'm thinking not...

Is it too much for one person or are the drinks really small?

They are small. I have tried them many times over the years.

It is not like you "have to" drink all of them to the very last drop;)

Is it too much for 1 person? Depends on the person but I have

never had any issues. Take a few sips of each one and see if you

like them.:)

They are small. I have tried them many times over the years.

It is not like you "have to" drink all of them to the very last drop;)

Is it too much for 1 person? Depends on the person but I have

never had any issues. Take a few sips of each one and see if you

like them.:)

Thanks Lois.

I'm not a big drinker so I'll have to see.

However I still want to try a " Hurricane." :eek :

I'm getting adventurous in my old age.

Thanks Lois.

I'm not a big drinker so I'll have to see.

However I still want to try a " Hurricane." :eek :

I'm getting adventurous in my old age.

I would say the sampler would be good for you then. If there is some

liquid left in that glass? So? Take a sip of each one.......better to

try it that way and then at least you will know what a few of them

taste like.

I would say the sampler would be good for you then. If there is some

liquid left in that glass? So? Take a sip of each one.......better to

try it that way and then at least you will know what a few of them

taste like.

Lois, if I drink them all, I probably won't remember which one I liked the best. :eek:

Do you know what time the Martini Bar opens on embarkation day? I want to start my cruise off with a bang! :)

Lois, if I drink them all, I probably won't remember which one I liked the best. :eek:

Do you know what time the Martini Bar opens on embarkation day? I want to start my cruise off with a bang! :)

You missed my point....take a sip of each....:) You might not like them.

And if you do? So, take a few sips and just take your time.

Martini Bar opens after MUSTER......:)

My husband and I shared a martini flight to try all the flavors. It is so much fun watching the "show" they put on as they pour them! :D

And you know what is REALLY FUN? When they make regular sized

Martini's in multiples.......Now THAT is a show:D

Do a search on UTube. There are many videos showing the BTs doing the multiple martini pour. It is always fun to watch.

Plus there are also many videos showing a lot of shows and lounge acts on X.

They also have scheduled the multiple martini pour listed in the Daily. They do the show and then pass out the drinks to those in the area.

Do a search on UTube. There are many videos showing the BTs doing the multiple martini pour. It is always fun to watch.

Plus there are also many videos showing a lot of shows and lounge acts on X.

They also have scheduled the multiple martini pour listed in the Daily. They do the show and then pass out the drinks to those in the area.

Sweet! I hope they do it on Equinix when I sail.

I'll be on the lookout for the info.

Thanks so much!

• 1 month later...

Just got off Infinity and unlike others here, we were charged full price for the Flight even though we had the premium package. I asked about paying the difference and was told no by the bartender, it wasn't included. Regardless, we enjoyed the show and our martinis. Interestingly, when it was over, the bartender walked off and left the martinis still set up. We started to take them down to drink, however other passengers who had gathered to watch started grabbing them too thinking it was a free for all. Fortunately, the bartender quickly stopped the culprits who unhanded our drinks, lol!

Archived