Arison Steps Down...

happy cruzin

The Board of any Company can make any changes to the Management of a company. In that regard they lost confidence in Good Old Boy Mickey. They voted him out! Good for this Board as Mickey is a LOSER managing his Papa's Company.

Um, he is still chairman of the board and I believe 63. Don't read to much into it. Micky is no way the entire or even primary problem

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The Board of any Company can make any changes to the Management of a company. In that regard they lost confidence in Good Old Boy Mickey. They voted him out! Good for this Board as Mickey is a LOSER managing his Papa's Company.

Your joking right? He is the chairman of the board, he is the largest stockholder of Carnival corp. He owns the company. In one week he could re-insert himself into the CEO position if he wanted to. The other board members bow to him. This is nothing more than a bad pr move. Nothing has changed. Cahill will not be gone before 2015 trust me. By the way they didn't vote him out he calls the meetings , he stepped aside for a pr move.

The dreaded vote of confidence.

Those kind of statements of 100% confidence are what sports team coaches hate to hear and what causes most of them to start looking at other opportunities. They usually precede a claim that the person has left to explore other avenues of interest. :D

Moved but not out. Just sounds like musical chairs for show to me. The market seems impressed though with CCL up $1.43 right now.

The market is made up of a bunch of short sighted investors who aren't looking at the long term health and viability of the corporation or the industry.

Um, he is still chairman of the board and I believe 63. Don't read to much into it. Micky is no way the entire or even primary problem

Exactly my point. He owns the company and can do what ever he wants. Why not spin off the CEO operations. This has never been a Mickey problem, they have a COO for the corporation and individual heads of each of the brands.

To me this is almost a pre-retirement (not that he will ever actually retire) move to divest himself of the tedious oversight of the corporation. I wouldn't want to still be working that hard if I was a billionare!!!!!!!!!

I think the most telling and significant thing that's happened in recent weeks is the return of Bob Dickenson........

The market is made up of a bunch of short sighted investors who aren't looking at the long term health and viability of the corporation or the industry.

Exactly my point. He owns the company and can do what ever he wants. Why not spin off the CEO operations. This has never been a Mickey problem, they have a COO for the corporation and individual heads of each of the brands.

To me this is almost a pre-retirement (not that he will ever actually retire) move to divest himself of the tedious oversight of the corporation. I wouldn't want to still be working that hard if I was a billionare!!!!!!!!!

I think the most telling and significant thing that's happened in recent weeks is the return of Bob Dickenson........

I think you are correct. It is a retirement thing although it may have some tie to events. When Cahill came in it was said to be a five year plan. That time is up. His time is up, either by choice or design. Changes are coming. CCL is in pretty big trouble but the road back from hell ha been started. They will be fine but it will take some time. More changes are coming and Uncle Bob is there to be the cohesive force during the change.

More changes are coming and Uncle Bob is there to be the cohesive force during the change.

I, too, think that Dickinson is there to help with the media and how these changes are being presented. I also agree that Cahill should either step aside or be moved aside as he has been the one on who's watch all the bad press and ship issues have been happening. As CEO of the Carnival brand, it is he who is responsible for the bottom line and maybe he has diverted capital from maintenance to the bottom line a little too much.

Maybe these changes will be perceived as a good thing for the corporation and it will signal better things to come. As a loyal Carnival customer, I surely hope so!

Arison did both jobs for 30+ years and in the main did an excellent job. The new guy will bring energy and ideas that will help Arison make the company stronger and I wish him well!

I had the opportunity to meet him on the Magic. He is a nice guy. Not to worry, he will not be hitting the food stamp line anytime soon.

Arison did both jobs for 30+ years and in the main did an excellent job.

I disagree

Since Mickey took over the MIAheat the Carnival product has gone down hill

He lost his focus

I disagree

Since Mickey took over the MIAheat the Carnival product has gone down hill

He lost his focus

FYI Micky Arison has owned the Miami Heat since his father Ted died in the 90's.

So him owning the heat has nothing to do with the perceived decline of the product.

Your joking right? He is the chairman of the board, he is the largest stockholder of Carnival corp. He owns the company. In one week he could re-insert himself into the CEO position if he wanted to. The other board members bow to him. This is nothing more than a bad pr move. Nothing has changed. Cahill will not be gone before 2015 trust me. By the way they didn't vote him out he calls the meetings , he stepped aside for a pr move.

The board of a company is obligated to the shareholders. They have fiduciary responsibilities. The board is in charge of hiring and firing senior officers and determining their compensation. Micky can't appoint himself CEO, the board can though. CCL is trying to put lipstick on a pig, Micky was ousted by the board. The same way Zimmerman was at Men's Wearhouse. Visit Wikipedia for full details.

The board of a company is obligated to the shareholders. They have fiduciary responsibilities. The board is in charge of hiring and firing senior officers and determining their compensation. Micky can't appoint himself CEO, the board can though. CCL is trying to put lipstick on a pig, Micky was ousted by the board. The same way Zimmerman was at Men's Wearhouse. Visit Wikipedia for full details.

In my opinion, there is no justification for your statement.

Mr. Arison participated in the 2nd Quarter Conference Call along with the new CEO Mr. Donald. If he had been removed by the Board, I doubt there would have been any participation in the Call by Mr. Arison.

By virtue of the number of shares his family and he owns, Mr. Arison could probably remove enough Board members and select ones he wanted if the Board prevented him from returning as CEO in the future.

In the case of Mr. Zimmerman, according to my paper today, he owns only 3.5% of Men's Warehouse stock. Totally different situation from Mr. Arison.

In my opinion, there is no justification for your statement.

Mr. Arison participated in the 2nd Quarter Conference Call along with the new CEO Mr. Donald. If he had been removed by the Board, I doubt there would have been any participation in the Call by Mr. Arison.

By virtue of the number of shares his family and he owns, Mr. Arison could probably remove enough Board members and select ones he wanted if the Board prevented him from returning as CEO in the future.

In the case of Mr. Zimmerman, according to my paper today, he owns only 3.5% of Men's Warehouse stock. Totally different situation from Mr. Arison.

Don't be so sure. Arison only owns 22 percent of outstanding shares and there are no other family members listed above 5 percent.

FYI Micky Arison has owned the Miami Heat since his father Ted died in the 90's.

So him owning the heat has nothing to do with the perceived decline of the product.

I thought he was one of the owners than took control later

And the perceived decline is an actual decline witnessed by many... myself included;)

The difference is Mr Zimmerman actualy built his company from one store to the corporation it is today

He didnt inherit it like mickey did:rolleyes:

Don't be so sure. Arison only owns 22 percent of outstanding shares and there are no other family members listed above 5 percent.

The point is that Arison holds majority interest in Carnival.

The board didn't oust Arison, if they did he still wouldn't be Chairman which is the position above CEO. So ultimately Arison is Donalds boss.

rubbish, please read the plc's charter http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-govguidelines

The point is that Arison holds majority interest in Carnival.

The board didn't oust Arison, if they did he still wouldn't be Chairman which is the position above CEO. So ultimately Arison is Donalds boss.

the board elects a new ceo when they the board deems there is a need. Arison may or may not have wanted this to happen but its not his choice.The position of Chairman here is titular the real power is with the Ceo, that is why Cahill coveted the position. Read above link.

Archived