Rooms on hump

We are 7 couples looking at going on Explorer of the Seas. If we could get rooms on the hump is that good?

Most people like hump staterooms because of their convenience to the stairs/elevators, and their unique perspective from the balcony being that is is extended out from the ship.

If you can get cabins on the hump, take them. We have been in cabin number 9618 several times both on EOS and AOS. We love the extra room and the larger balcony plus like Bob said close access to the elevators and stairs. Happy Cruising!

we were in 11604 and it was bigger than the others. They do have adjoining rooms, which may be a benefit in your group.

Then you were on Oasis or Allure, which is a very different animal from Explorer.

:)

Voyager Class and Freedom class hump cabins give you no extra space....on those ships, it's the total convenience of location. Yes...grab them, if you can!

On Radiance Class ships, some (not all) of the hump balconies will be deeper than others....mainly the edge of the hump balconies. Again, the cabin has no extra space...just some of the balconies.

Aft balconies have the most space. They are MUCH deeper than the side balconies.

On Oasis/Allure, you do get a bit of additional depth on the hump balconies.

We've had hump cabins twice on Mariner of the Seas, and they were really nice rooms. Not any larger, but the location and view from the balcony is nice. No additional noise from being close to the elevators, and they're also E2's on Voyager class, which are lower priced balconies, so that's another bonus.

I had the center hump on the Explorer. Very windy by the rail when underway ... Not sure I'd book it again.

I had the aft hump (is that the appropriate term?) on the Serenade ... nice size, wedge-shaped balcony. I really liked that cabin.

In both cases, I liked the proximity to the stairways (we're not big on elevators).

Archived