Luggage direct for Canadians

cruz chic

I'm fairly certain that someone reported that Canadians could now use luggage direct. Nothing on Hal's website says that. I would like to use it in Seattle in August. Can any Canadians tell me if you have been able to us it? Thx.

I'm fairly certain that someone reported that Canadians could now use luggage direct. Nothing on Hal's website says that. I would like to use it in Seattle in August. Can any Canadians tell me if you have been able to us it? Thx.

I don't think you can use this service. It's only for those on flights in the US. Something to do with CBSA.

Its works for us Cdns as long as your final destination is in the US. for example we live on the border of Detroit, so we fly of DTW. We used it on our last cruise out of FLL and it worked great.

Thx everyone. I know someone did say it was available to Canadians going to Canada not the USA. Clearly they were confused although I don't really understand how you can confuse that. Here is the thread I am talking about. It sounds like they flew into Vancouver.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1816745&highlight=luggage+direct+canada

We used Luggage Direct from Fort Lauderdale to Vancouver, BC this past March. Front desk on Noordam advised it was just implemented and Head Office in Seattle was not even aware of change.

Did you fly directly into Vancouver or did you stop at an airport in the USA and drive over? Thx.

We used Luggage Direct from Fort Lauderdale to Vancouver, BC this past March. Front desk on Noordam advised it was just implemented and Head Office in Seattle was not even aware of change.

Thanks

I know that last year the service wasn't available.

Maybe enough people complained and HAL has decided to give it a try this year.

I'm quite sure it was available on the Maasdam too in late March (or it might have been the Westerdam in November/December). Sometimes i get my ships mixed up:D:eek:

I remember seeing the Air Canada and being surprised. There were only a couple of airports where it could be done if I recall correctly and I don't think it worked with connecting flights. So, we couldn't use it as we were connecting on in our Puddle Hopper home. But for someone flying direct it would have worked.

I remember asking and it was a trial basis that they expected to keep going if all worked well.:D

Good luck:)

Did you fly directly into Vancouver or did you stop at an airport in the USA and drive over? Thx.

We flew direct to Vancouver. Left our bags outside our stateroom on Noordam night before disembarkation and didn't see them again until we landed in Vancouver.

We flew direct to Vancouver. Left our bags outside our stateroom on Noordam night before disembarkation and didn't see them again until we landed in Vancouver.

May I ask which airline had a direct flight? I know we don't have any going to Calgary and I was under the impression Vancouver didn't either. This might work for me from Seattle then because it's direct. Appreciate the info.

I'm quite sure it was available on the Maasdam too in late March (or it might have been the Westerdam in November/December). Sometimes i get my ships mixed up:D:eek:

I remember seeing the Air Canada and being surprised. There were only a couple of airports where it could be done if I recall correctly and I don't think it worked with connecting flights. So, we couldn't use it as we were connecting on in our Puddle Hopper home. But for someone flying direct it would have worked.

I remember asking and it was a trial basis that they expected to keep going if all worked well.:D

Good luck:)

Thx for the info. I see you have another nice long cruise booked. Good for you:).

In March on the Westedam it was available for International flights on US Airways, United, American, Air Tran, American Eagle, Jet Blue and Southwest from both Fll (flights after 11.30 am) and MIA (flights after 2pm).

We used it to Dublin and it was the best money spent on the trip! $19.95 per person!

I would totally take advantage of a program that did that!

Is there info about it on the HAL website or is the info available on the ship?

No, Hal is just showing it for domestic flights with the USA although posters say otherwise. I'll see if I can use it in Aug form Seattle to Calgary.

No, Hal is just showing it for domestic flights with the USA although posters say otherwise. I'll see if I can use it in Aug form Seattle to Calgary.

Cool!

I'm doing a repositioning cruise out of Vancouver down to SanDiego in September. I'll be flying Westjet direct from Calgary to Vancouver. Then direct back from San Diego to Calgary on Wesetjet. That would so rock!

Archived