Complimentary Specialty Dining

If you are asking about a certificate you received from a TA, you pretty much have to wait until you board to book your reservations because you need to pay in advance on RCI's website for booking and trying to obtain reimbursement on board would be difficult at best - if not impossible. We have never had an issue booking once on board.

How does it work when redeeming this? Is there anyway to get it booked ahead of time, or will we have to wait until we are on board to make our reservations?

I usually book my cruises through American Express Platinum Travel, because I receive a number of perks including one complimentary specialty dinner for two. American Express emails me a flyer that says I am receiving the complimentary dinner, but it is not needed as I've never had to show it (there is nothing unique on the flyer).

On the first day of the cruise I go to the restaurant where I plan to redeem my complimentary dinner, and inform them I received a comp. dinner. They verify it with a list of passengers who are receiving comp. dinner and I make my reservation (note: they have always made me make the reservation on a port day, which is not a big deal for us).

I'm sure it will be the same for you! Enjoy!! :D

Okay, thanks for the info. It is from the TA, we got specialty dining, $100 OBC and lunch at Johnny Rockets.

You don't think we will have trouble getting reservation for the time/date we want?

Just go to the specialty restaurant as soon as you board. They reserve a certain percentage of bookings for on board use.

I usually book my cruises through American Express Platinum Travel, because I receive a number of perks including one complimentary specialty dinner for two. American Express emails me a flyer that says I am receiving the complimentary dinner, but it is not needed as I've never had to show it (there is nothing unique on the flyer).

On the first day of the cruise I go to the restaurant where I plan to redeem my complimentary dinner, and inform them I received a comp. dinner. They verify it with a list of passengers who are receiving comp. dinner and I make my reservation (note: they have always made me make the reservation on a port day, which is not a big deal for us).

I'm sure it will be the same for you! Enjoy!! :D

I think you get your benefits regardless of who you book the cruise through, as long as you are using your Platinum AE card...

If you are asking about a certificate you received from a TA, you pretty much have to wait until you board to book your reservations because you need to pay in advance on RCI's website for booking and trying to obtain reimbursement on board would be difficult at best - if not impossible. We have never had an issue booking once on board.

Not really. At the completion of your meal, your SeaPass Card will be credited with one meal. Or you can just make a reservation on-line for 1 person and then 2 people show up.:D

I think you get your benefits regardless of who you book the cruise through, as long as you are using your Platinum AE card...

This is correct. Also, I believe your benefits can be extended to at least one other cabin. I think they have to pay using any Amex (not necessarily Platinum).

I have heard that from a few people recently, but have not looked into it. Mmmmm... :confused: I know for a fact that to receive double Membership Rewards Points you have to book through AMEX.

I have had this perk on a few RCCL cruises booked through a TA and each time it had to be used on a port day (which also includes embarkation night). So take this into consideration when deciding when to dine. I would definitely go as soon as you get onboard as the first time I did this I wasn't sure where to go to reserve the dining so I was in line in the atrium to make dining reservations and was then told to reserve using the certiicate I had to go to the dining venue itself to reserve. That took up valuable time while spots were filling up...... I did get a reservation but it was for a later dining time than I would have liked.

I never heard this before. You mean you can book through any travel agent, and as long as you pay with an American Express Card, you get dinner for 2 in the specialty restaurant??? And can take another couple with you????

I never heard this before. You mean you can book through any travel agent, and as long as you pay with an American Express Card, you get dinner for 2 in the specialty restaurant??? And can take another couple with you????

I can only speak for the second question (as I always book through AMEX Platinum Travel). In short, yes.

On the Navigator my brother went with us (different cabin), and I paid for his fair with my AMEX. He received the bottle of wine in his room, $100 OBC (for being in a balcony), and dinner for two (in his case, one) at a speciality restaurant.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

On my recent Allure cruise, I received complimentary dining for 2 on my booking for 4 pax from the TA. I took advantage of the Celebration Dining deal at Giovanni's and pre-paid for 4 dinners. Once onboard, I requested reimbursement for 2 from my complimentary dinner. They offered to refund the original card or OBC. It really didn't seem like a hassle to do it in this order and I was happy that I had my preferred reservation in advance.

I had also called RCI customer service in advance to confirm I could do this before I booked the dining deal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Not really. At the completion of your meal, your SeaPass Card will be credited with one meal. Or you can just make a reservation on-line for 1 person and then 2 people show up.:D

I agree that it is easy to do as you suggest when using a BOGO coupon. However, I believe the OP has a certificate from her TA which provides for free dining for both people in the cabin.

I read somewhere that if you book specialty dining the first (and maybe second night of the cruise) you would get $30 drink credit to go with the meal. Can't remember where I saw it, but I wrote it down so I would remember:confused: If this is true, when you book the first night using your complimentary dining, are you still eligible for the drink credit?

I read somewhere that if you book specialty dining the first (and maybe second night of the cruise) you would get $30 drink credit to go with the meal. Can't remember where I saw it, but I wrote it down so I would remember:confused: If this is true, when you book the first night using your complimentary dining, are you still eligible for the drink credit?

It is called the Celebration Dining Deal. I mentioned it in a previous post. On Allure, it was available to pre-purchase for night 1 or 2 in Chops @ $30 per person or Giovanni's Table @ $20 pp. This is the same for my upcoming Oasis cruise. It is available to parties of 4 or more. I prepaid for 4, used my complimentary dining for 2 of those once onboard, received OBC back for the 2 pre-paid and still received the $30 beverage credit which I used toward the purchase of a bottle of wine. We didn't finish the wine and had it sent to MDR for the next night. I felt it was an excellent value.

It is called the Celebration Dining Deal. I mentioned it in a previous post. On Allure, it was available to pre-purchase for night 1 or 2 in Chops @ $30 per person or Giovanni's Table @ $20 pp. This is the same for my upcoming Oasis cruise. It is available to parties of 4 or more. I prepaid for 4, used my complimentary dining for 2 of those once onboard, received OBC back for the 2 pre-paid and still received the $30 beverage credit which I used toward the purchase of a bottle of wine. We didn't finish the wine and had it sent to MDR for the next night. I felt it was an excellent value.

Oh thanks, I did read that post but wasn't sure it was the same thing! We have a party of 4 and we all have specialty dining comp. Okay, so I would have to book ahead of time in order to do the "celebration dining deal". I wonder if I can do what you did and prebook...only difference would be that all 4 of us are being comp'd. I'll call RCI on that.

As long as you pay with the Amex Platinun card (the $400 card ). I have booked directly with Amex travel and my TA and in both cases received the benefit. :)

Okay, thanks for the info. It is from the TA, we got specialty dining, $100 OBC and lunch at Johnny Rockets.

You don't think we will have trouble getting reservation for the time/date we want?

Sounds like my perks, in addition we also received one soda package because we are traveling with two teens.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I know that on Oasis last month, they told us the TA complimentary dining deals could be used on port nights only... just an FYI. Not sure if that was just our particular TA or all comp dinners in general.

We went to Chops as soon as we boarded and made our reservation. We had hoped to go on one of the formal nights, but only one fell on a port night, and it was completely booked... so yes, it is possible that you may not get the day/time you want.

Enjoy your cruise!

Ann

Archived